Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,301 to 2,320 of 3,475 messages
03/07/2012 at 15:12

Stripes - Stay strong I know you will get through it all, will be there for your family, do them very proud and will find time for your own grief, even if by hitting the gym or running the streets. Keep that chin high and remember he is in a better place now with no more suffering.  Try and get you step daughter to talk about it, I know it is very very hard, but from personal experience bottling it up really doesn't help.  My nan died in 2004 and I bottled it up until 2008 when I was with a counceller for something else.  She got me talking and helped me to see just how much I wasn't living my life and how much I wasn't moving on or grieving.  I wouldn't want her to go through the same. 

03/07/2012 at 15:33
Hi Emma. Hope you enjoy the holiday. Love the idea of having foreign runs on the Garmin. I did a few laps of the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris last autumn but didnt have a Garmin at the time.
OH is doing remarkably well(this is actually worrying me) but got Thursday to get through and she is dreading it as you would expect. My step daughter is bottling it up as well. Her grandad was her hero and its the first time she has lost anyone close. Added to all that I have got to stand up in church and give a reading so as you can imagine it will be a relief when it is all over.
03/07/2012 at 15:34
Thanks Maam. Dont know how that post has popped up again. Bloody phone has not been the same since I dropped it in the bath!
03/07/2012 at 15:37

Stripes, don't you know phones and water don't mix too well. Try taking it appart, ie sim, battery, phone and leave to dry naturally for a day to give it chance to fully dry out. Oh, and don't drop it in the bath again

03/07/2012 at 16:08

Thats it, Great North Run deferred to 2013.  Disappointed, but know need to get fit first.  Here is to hoping I'm on running form over winter ready for Silverstone with the girls

03/07/2012 at 18:42
Ha ha. It was a few weeks ago and it took a while to dry out but hasnt been quite right since. Shame about GNR but you will be pleased this time next year.
03/07/2012 at 20:57

I will be thinking of you on Thursday stripes. Good luck with the reading.  It will mean a lot to a lot of people so good for you and don't worry if you get choked, or lose it halfway through - it happens to most people! 

There's nothing you can do for anyone except let them do their thing - grief is a strange thing and it manifests differently in different people.  Its particularly horrid watching people you care about so upset.  I cry at complete strangers funerals!

Maam - GNR next year = more time to get stronger and more practice!  The knee will be good as new by then!

Silver - FYI, i'm at 19 miles for July so far, but don't expect a vast increase for the next week - its 26 degrees at 6am in Kos, so any runs will be a bonus (and slow)

04/07/2012 at 10:00

Em - have a great holiday x

04/07/2012 at 10:02

Thanks - counting down the hours - sat at work trying to finish everything off..... why should I care though, I finish here end of July!!!

04/07/2012 at 10:11

Because it is the kind of person you are, don't like to leave things half done

04/07/2012 at 10:18

Lol - I could well be turning over a new leaf though.... didn't go for my run this morning, opted to water the plants and put a last load of washing on before we go! 

04/07/2012 at 10:23

Sure the run can be put on hold, after all, you've a holiday to get ready for, and by the sounds of it, fun and games balancing the weight of the bags

04/07/2012 at 11:15

Em - have a fantastic holiday you lucky devil  sooooooooo wish I was going away I am very jealous  have lots of fun and enjoy the sun

Stripes - best wishes for tomorrow am sure your reading will go fine and its really lovely of you to do it, your OH will be proud of you on such a sad day

Didn't end up running last night I felt abit wierd  not sure why  but feel fine today so planning a steady run with the club later  

04/07/2012 at 11:24

Boo - take it steady, could be side effects to the meds that are making you feel a bit funny. Enjoy your run though, for that I'm very jealous

04/07/2012 at 11:30
Thanks Booey. Hope your run goes okay.
05/07/2012 at 10:15

Yaay I got out for a run with the club last night, did the norm 5K but I felt good and was one of the front runners for a change  I think sometimes having a good few days off can really help

We celebrated last night as we have been in our house 4 years  had a chinese takeaway and a bottle of vino  lovely  oh and my lovely OH even got me flowers bless him

The steroid injection is defo working, first thing in the morning is so much better  I am walking down the stairs normally again  collecting perscription later to start meds  

*waves* hope your all ok and Stripes am thinking of you today

05/07/2012 at 10:21

Boo - that is brilliant news on everything

Stripes - you are in my thoughts today, hope all goes as well as can do and sure you'll do your family really proud, hugs x

Silver - What you up to?

Mal - How is married life going?

Em - Hope the hol is going well x

05/07/2012 at 20:59

My mission for the weekend is to get out and run at least once!

05/07/2012 at 22:04
Hey Mal - feet back on terra firms now?

I've just been catching up on posts you lot have been having a right old chin wag in
my absence!

Stripes I hope all went well today.

I've just returned from the Cubs District camp site where Ive spent 2 hours helping to put up tents in preparation for their sleepovers on Friday and Saturday night. Feel really nervous leaving Silver Junior there for 2 nights but I'm sure it'll be great fun. Don't pick him up til 4 on Sunday so you know what I may actually get a run or two in this weekend! Bring it on!

Boo glad the steroids are working on your joints.

Ma'am how are you managing? Sounds like your over compensating with the upper body stuff.

Emma have a good hol don't overdo it in the sun.
06/07/2012 at 09:20

Hi all

Mal - sounds like a good plan, but did you give into the ice cream? Silver encouragement isn't necessary this time, Mal has a craving to overpower us all

Silver - I don't think I'm overdoing it, just doing what I need to so I stay feeling better.  I did push it yesterday with 2 weight workouts, one in the morning that didn't feel like anything so did another one in the afternoon which felt really good and not sore today so cardio it is then having the weekend off to party!

Stripes - hope you are ok from yesterday and that your family are holding on.

Boo - how is the pain free (ish) going?

Enjoy the running everyone, put one in for me too

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.