Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,321 to 2,340 of 3,475 messages
06/07/2012 at 11:04

I conquered the craving for yesterday but I've been ignoring it for a week now and it's gaining power! ARRGGGH!

06/07/2012 at 11:41

Then plan it into your diary and have a small treat, you can do it

I did it on Wednesday when I went to the cinema I had one scoop of Ben & Jerry ice cream, it is the cinema treat.

You have the power to do this and to balance it so you can have it.

06/07/2012 at 12:27
Did someone mention Ice Cream?????
06/07/2012 at 12:29

Thought that would get your attention! Not HD though!!!

06/07/2012 at 12:44

Better than HD!

06/07/2012 at 12:54

Most are better than HD

06/07/2012 at 12:54

Silver loves his HD

06/07/2012 at 13:00

Green and Blacks chocolate ice cream, if you haven't tried it yet you should! (I do quite like HD Belgiun Chocolate too but this is better!)

06/07/2012 at 13:19

I don't really do chocolate ice cream, but next time I do I will try G&B and let you know what I think.   Guess it's the cutting out chocolate thing.  Nearest I allow myself is white magnum or a milky bar.  Boring I know, but helps.  I tend to snack on low cal jelly, fat free yoghurt and now trying sunflower seeds too!

06/07/2012 at 14:41

Hi Guys terrible weather here and I am finishing at 3 hoping for a run  maybe just have to get soaked as I really want to get out.  Out later with friends for a curry

Hands ached alittle this morning  I am starting the tablets Monday as after reading all the various side affects I am thinking I need to stop drinking alcohol and I am having a couple of glasses this evening  I feel like I have to sike myself up ready to use them incase they affect me bad  

Silver - is the camping for your boy still on with all this rain?  Such a shame with so much going on this weekend again  hope you get out for your runs this weekend anyhow

Am not a big ice cream lover to be honest but my OH loves it

Have a great weekend all of you

06/07/2012 at 14:54

Boo - sorry to hear that the hands are still problems for you.  Enjoy your wine tonight.  Are the meds that stop you drinking a short or long term thing?  Have you tried the magnetic braclets?  They can help with it, I have them and find them useful.  Could be something else to try.

Enjoy your wet run, it has been raining here all day, even the F1 isn't on at the moment for rain

06/07/2012 at 18:56
Did someone mention low cal jelly and fat free yoghurt!!!! Mmmmmmm!!!
06/07/2012 at 19:00
Oh leave off the HD you lot it's delicious. Actually I've been on Ben and Jerrys lately as it was reduced at Spar Haha!! Latest thing though is old school 1970s soft scoop Vanilla. I sneak a bit of the kids tub every night when the rest of the Silvers have gone up. I'm so sad aren't I!

Not had coffee for last 3 days now and after 2 days of headaches and feeling absolutely knackered I think I'm coming through it and feel great.
06/07/2012 at 19:00

Yep, I'm the height of excitement  didn't you know

06/07/2012 at 19:05

Glad you are feeling better silver, and glad to hear that B&J is winning out

Try decaf coffee and tea if you get headaches with it, I have to have it for migraines.

06/07/2012 at 20:22
I've had migraines for years Ma'am but I've never tried to give up coffee and Zi do think that's one of my triggers. Ive been drinking decaf at work which isn't too bad. The sweats and shakes and general feeling of being knackered by 5pm seem to have gone now do I reckon I'm over the worst of it.

It's been torrential rain here today so no run yet again I'll be lucky if I break the 10mile mark this month at this rate.

My boys gone camping for the weekend on his own - well with 30 cubs - and I'm missing him already!
07/07/2012 at 12:58

Silver - your boy will have a great time, it is a sign he is growing up and I'm sure as much as you miss him it is nice to have some quiet time

07/07/2012 at 19:39
I wish I had quiet time Maam went swimming with little one this afternoon and now have 2 nephews staying as there parents have gone to a wedding reception and are staying overnight - it just seems relentless. Anyway the good news is I went out for a little trot this morning in the light rain - nice but hard work again still with a bit of walking I managed 7.5k - thank god at least I'm off the mark at last!
07/07/2012 at 22:00

I WENT FOR A RUN TOO!! 45 mins of run in fact, my longest run ever.

08/07/2012 at 13:24

Well done Mal 

Everything went as well as could have been expected on Thursday. Ended up having quite a lot to drink after, and Friday, and last night! The Irish sure know how to have a funeral!

Not done any exercise since Wednesday either so this afternoon's run could be interesting

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.