Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,341 to 2,360 of 3,476 messages
08/07/2012 at 15:43

Silver - well done getting off the mark.

Mal - WOW!!! What a run, many congrats, amazing run you should be very very proud.  Just don't over do it xxx

Stripes - enjoy your run today, sure it will be good.  Glad to hear that Thursday was ok for you and that you have been letting your hair down a bit.

I'm really happy, went shopping for some holiday clothes and finally can get into any size 12, some even a little big! First time since 2004!!!! Went out last night with friends to see a band play, brilliant night, quite a few drinks and still within my daily (maintain weight) cal allowance.  How good is that???

Have a fab weekend, or at least what is left of it x

08/07/2012 at 22:46

Well done Maam

Run was a mixed bag. Went really well until I went down my favourite country lane and discovered it was flooded halfway down

Had to double back and knocked me out of my stride but still managed the planned seven miles.

08/07/2012 at 23:09
Well done stripes, good run
09/07/2012 at 09:14

Hi Guys hope your all ok and had a good weekend

Mal - well done on getting out  

Well the first time i got out since last weds was yesterday (sunday) and did 6.4 miles  I had abit to much to drink fri night and felt so rubbish saturday  

Maam - with the Methotrexate is says limit alcohol to a minimum around 2 glasses a month  and I have no idea how long I need to say on this drug until I see the consultant again in a month.  They can affect your liver so I guess this is why they say this and to be honest I want to do everything by the book until I know if my body is going to accept them ok.  After the first 2 weeks I have to increase the dosage, so maybe staying away from alcohol for a month to see what happens

Silver - glad you managed a run and how did silver junior get on camping

Stripes - glad all was well on Thurs

09/07/2012 at 10:32

Boo - Just think of the diet element too! Sure you will get there though.  My Aunt has RA and she is now on meds sorted and def drinks You will get there, will just take time as need to get under control first xxx

09/07/2012 at 19:06
Did my usual four mile route after work. Smashed my best ever time by 46 seconds. 32.18. Well chuffed
09/07/2012 at 19:17

Good run Stripes, well done on pb too

09/07/2012 at 19:59

Go Stripes!

Hello to all.

To run tonight or not?

09/07/2012 at 20:02
Thanks both. Go for it Mal. Really got the bug again. Must find a race to enter.
09/07/2012 at 20:46

Go for it Mal, but don't over do it x

09/07/2012 at 20:58
Hello All and well done on the run Stripes. I've spent the day in Shefford near Stevenage so no run again - just too busy now and we've taken on 2 new peeps so that's a whole lot more to manage - still can't complain there's a lot of architects out of work and our futures looking ok at the moment.

My boy loved the cub camp Boo but he was filthy and knackered when I picked him up on Sunday. I made him strip to his undies and T shirt before he hot in my car. Apparently they had gone to bed past midnight then woken up at 5.30 on the first morning. Just put him to bed now and he's still shattered. He did well sticking it out in the rain though!

I'll do some running totals for July tomorrow.

Did you run Mal?
09/07/2012 at 21:57

I ran. 3.3k on top of my 4.5k yesterday, hurray!

Well done exhausted Silver Jr. sounds like fun had by all.

Stripes that's good news, what sort of race were you thinking of?

Thanks for the encouragement Booey and Maam, how are you both feeling?

09/07/2012 at 22:48

I am just the same Mal, looking forward to going to the hospital on Wednesday and finding out the next steps. I'm fed up of not being able to drive, being dependant on others and not being able to go to work.

09/07/2012 at 23:19

Ha Ha Silver, sounds like he had fun

Hope the hospital goes well Maam.

Well done on the run again Mal.

I am going to look for a half marathon to aim for in September/October with maybe a couple of 10k's in between.

10/07/2012 at 12:17

Mal - well done on getting out again

Stripes - well done on the PB on your local route  thats an excellent time

Maam - I understand your frustration of not being able to get about I would feel just the same  hope all goes well at hospital weds and you get some answers

I have the Rugby R4L 5K on Sunday  it was my first race last year when I started road running so looking forward to seeing what I can do this year  last year my time was 35 minutes  I need to check what my PB is for a 5K but hoping to set a new one this sunday if poss  *goes off to check*

Am out with the club tonight (Dav Road Runnners) it seems ages since I went out with them  doesn't seem as important in the summer when I can get out on my own

10/07/2012 at 12:33

Right - last years time was 35.30  my PB to date for a 5K is 28.44 so I guess I would like to beat that

10/07/2012 at 13:15

Boo - good luck with the run, sure you will do great.  Are the meds kicking in yet? I hope so.  I'm having a rough time this week, seem to hurt all over and feeling really sickly.  Fingers crossed for the hospital tomorrow and finding out it I can have my holiday.

Really want to run, win the lottery and feel healthy! Here is to hoping

11/07/2012 at 09:34

Went out with the club last night had a lovely run in the rain  did 5.6 miles

We are going to do intervals thurs night  they kill me but I know they help  

Let us know how you get on at the hospital Maam

11/07/2012 at 12:35

Hi all,

Good running everyone, seems like I'm the only one not getting out. Wait a minute, that would be because I'm not

As for the hospital, wasn't great. The MRI has caused issues as the report says my knee is fine and healthy, but I'm still in a lot of pain with restricted movement.  My consultant referred to his senior colleague and further look at the MRI scans themselves and have said it looks like torn cartilage and there is something not right with one of the ligaments.  The result is that I am going in for surgery this Friday with ? over whether I'll make the holiday.  The consultant says I should be ok to go, will have to take few extra precautions on the flight and may be in a wheelchair so that I'm not weight baring.  Only Friday will tell now and I'm so nervous and scared. Never had an op before They do think it is worth me seeing a rhumatologist too incase my arthritis is causing some of the problem

Not happy at the moment, sorry for all the sad faces

11/07/2012 at 12:39
Nice run Boo. Heres hoping you get a PB on Sunday.
Toying with entering the Great Birmingham Run on October 21st.
Thirty Two Quid though!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.