Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,361 to 2,380 of 3,477 messages
11/07/2012 at 13:27

Go for it Stripes!

11/07/2012 at 13:33

Why not Stripes.

Maam I hope all goes well with surgery and the problem is resolved. Hoping you will still get to go on holiday. It must be really difficult to not know what's happening.

I'm stressing out and wailing a bit because I'm back to work next week and Moo has to go to nursery. I really don't want her to and neither of us is ready! WAAAAAAAAAA!

11/07/2012 at 13:41

Mal - try not to stress to much I'm sure that even though it will be sad it will be good too and that she will make lots of friends and have a great time.  Wanting to come home and tell you all about it.

It is stressful and tough not knowing anything.  I'm hoping for my holiday will be great to recover. I just need to know what is going on. So many questions with no answers

11/07/2012 at 14:41
Oh dear Maam and Mal. Cant imagine how stressed you both must be
11/07/2012 at 21:43
Nice run Boo. Heres hoping you get a PB on Sunday.
Toying with entering the Great Birmingham Run on October 21st.
Thirty Two Quid though!
11/07/2012 at 21:44
Bloody phone. I am gonna stop coming on here from it
11/07/2012 at 22:05

stipes, don't give up, we get the gist, even if in double

I've just had a magnum infinity to try and cheer myself up but felt bit sickly, stick to the white ones from now on. 

Just want to get this week out the way and know what is wrong, if fixed and find out about the holiday.

11/07/2012 at 22:37

Hey everyone!

You are all doing really well!  I look like I spent the last week in the airport terminal (no tan) 

Weather was beautiful of course but no need to burn myself to a crisp in the vain hope that i'd go a nice colour afterwards.

Managed 3 runs (little tiny ones early morning)!  A special big congrats to Mal for the 45 minuter!! wah! that's really good going.

Not going to weigh myself for a month.  I feel like a hippo. x

11/07/2012 at 23:44

Welcome back Emma. Hope the holiday was good

12/07/2012 at 11:43

Hello Stripes - yes it was truly lovely! I'd recommend it to anyone!

Was thinking of you last week - glad you had a good knees up afterwards and that things are settling down now.  Still sad, but funerals do give a certain amount of 'closure'!

Go for the Great Birmingham!  If you do it for charity, then i'll sponsor you (could you do it for the hospice where your OH's father was?) x

12/07/2012 at 12:00

Maam -  I really feel for you with the not knowing and all, plus now having to go through an op aswell  I really hope this starts to sort things out and you can go on hols and rest  keep your chin up and try and think positive

Mal - it must be a daunting thought going back to work and Moo going to nursery.  I have never been in the situation but it must be difficult  I am sure given a few days little Moo will start to enjoy being around other little ones, just make sure you are ok and just take each day as it comes

Em - blimey I cant believe your back already  that seems to have gone so quick, so did you have a lovely time?  Nice you managed a few small runs aswell  how come no tan? Dont you like the sun  or sitting in it

Stripes - go for the race in October will give you a nice aim

I keep forgetting I am doing another HM in 2 months  gulp lol

12/07/2012 at 12:07

Hello Booey!

I love the sun, but i'm so fair skin (like casper) so any real hot temperatures I have to be careful.  I'm from a family of red heads so we are the 'at risk' group. Plus I feel dead old, so sun only makes you more wrinkly  Lying in the sun and having stingy skin is not good fun so i've been factored up and no beach until 5pm!  Lots of hurtling about the island in beach buggies (so much fun) 

I managed 3 x tiny little runs - at 6am (4am uk time) up the beach and back again. Just under 3 miles each but it was still bloody hot at that time (26 degrees) so quite remarkable that I managed it.  So beautiful though....

12/07/2012 at 12:15

Em - Glad you are back and that you have had a good holiday.  I understand where you are from being a red head myself.  I tend to hide underwater during the day

Boo - It is really frustrating, but nothing I can do right now other than wait.  Feeling so scared and nervous, really want this holiday and feeling very helpless, don't like not having a say in my life.  At times just want to cry

12/07/2012 at 12:16

I see what you mean then Emma, you are very wise to be careful in the sun  I love the sun and can sit in it without problems and tan pretty well.  I think with the lack of sun we get here now I dont worry to much about looking old through to much sun,  chance would be a fine thing  lol

Early morning runs sound lovely, and dont forget running on sand is the hardest so you did well in that heat

Still thinkig maybe, just maybe, might try and get a cheap week away later in year  

12/07/2012 at 12:23

Maam xx the operation is a massive positive.  They will fix you and you will be on the mend!  I can't see that having a knee in plast / brace / bandages would prevent a holiday unless they worry about the swelling (but surely support stockings would help?  What is the potential concern about you travelling after the op - have they actually said what it is they would be wary of?

It just seems strange to me, because people break their necks on holiday and still manage to be expatriated home - surely a teeny tiny little knee shouldn't be a problem?

Hey - congrats on the weight loss too!!! size 12!  you must be delighted (and looking great in jeans too no doubt!)

12/07/2012 at 12:42

Em - They haven't said what would stop me flying.  Know won't be in plaster, but guessing may be braced.  The only thing they have said is that after the op I may not be able to weight bare, I said fine put me in a wheelchair and let me have hols, that I'll do whatever they need me to. 

Because the scan isn't clear they don't know what they are facing until they get inside hence difficulty in telling me what to expect.

They said I should be ok to go but can't give 100% guarantee, that I would need to have asprin to thin my blood to reduce risk DVT.

Trying to stay positive is proving difficult the closer it gets, think because holiday means so much combined with I've never had an op before

As for the size 12 I'm chuffed, new jeans, swimsuit, dress and have good days and bad days.  My OH says that I look great, obvious lost 2.5 stone since last July, still have more to go and I'm paranoid about my flabby tum, typical female I guess.  Still about a stone to go, but getting there.  Been reducing Cal to 1000 while not doing anything.

Today going to try to eat late, lots of carbs to get me through tomorrow as I'm Nil By Mouth from 6am which means tonight, at hospital 11:30 but won't be in surgery till about 4pm! How hungry am I going to be

12/07/2012 at 15:31

I'd be bricking it too Maam, but the only thing I can say is you'll be in good hands!  

2.5 stone since last July is fantastic - you must look like a different person 

And as for flabby tummy - mine's not too bad but my problem area is my fat ass!!!! no shrinking that beast lol - we're women, we are better with curves.

Tomorrow - doubt you'll be particularly hungry - I expect the nerves will take over a bit.  When you come round you'll probably be amazed at how easy it was and how little stress.  I guess its just the 'not knowing' what to expect.  

Will they put you completely under, or will you just be just sedated? x

12/07/2012 at 17:26

I'm guessing I'll be completely under, but again something I don't know for sure.  With being so rushed haven't got anything other than a NBM time and possible op time.  Find the rest tomorrow.

Feeling bit better about holiday too. Spoke to airline and to a friend who is a pilot, plus found an article online that says possible to fly the day after! So fingers crossed, hope and pray.  At the end of the day its the start to getting fixed, going on the holiday for dads birthday is a superb bonus. don't want to recover from home while family and OH in cuba!

12/07/2012 at 22:10

Maam - what happened to your picture?

x

12/07/2012 at 23:10

I'm changing it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.