Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,381 to 2,400 of 3,476 messages
13/07/2012 at 10:14

Well I'm all packed, including RW, and ready for the off.  I hope everyone gets time for some good running and hopefully I'll be back online soon x

13/07/2012 at 10:19
Hope everything goes okay Maam. x
13/07/2012 at 10:28

Will be thinking of you today Maam!  Let us know how it went xx

13/07/2012 at 12:49

Good luck Maam am thinking of you  x

Didn't club run last night  all the girls cancelled and then it rained and never got out on my own  OH locked keys in van again and I just got stressed and did the ironing    Can't run tonight out early for meal for sisters b/day tomorrow I may have a little run then Sunday R4L 5K

Hope everyone else is good and have a great weekend

13/07/2012 at 17:39
Have a good weekend everyone. Hope the R4L goes well Booey.
13/07/2012 at 17:44
Hey all. I've had operation, don't know what they have done yet. Had food and water. Waiting to see dr to find out what done, what next and when can go home.
Good luck for race boo
13/07/2012 at 18:09

Hope you are okay Maam

13/07/2012 at 21:34

Well done Maam!  Bet that's a relief that you've been 'worked on' - are you feeling ok? x

13/07/2012 at 21:42
I'm in pain staying in still not seen dr to know what has been done. can't get settled
13/07/2012 at 22:12

ring the buzzer and get some more pain killers - they should be right on top of the pain at this stage after the op!

become a pain in the arse patient - they send doctors round quicker to those that make a noise! xx you'll feel better soon xx

13/07/2012 at 22:56

You are right Emma, being a quiet well behaved patient gets you nowhere!

Hope things have improved Maam.

Did another four miles tonight, just before Noah launched his ark.

Swallowed yet another insect. Bloody things are everywhere at the moment. At least I am getting plenty of protein

Up to 33 miles for the month. Well on target for 80 if the knee holds out.

Got about six races pencilled in for the rest of the year if I can afford the entry fees!

14/07/2012 at 00:05
Have a good weekend everyone. Hope the R4L goes well Booey.
14/07/2012 at 00:17

Maam thinking of you, hope the news is good.

Stripes your ark comment made me laugh.

14/07/2012 at 06:21
Good running stripes, heaps of races, I like it.
I'm feelin bit better at moment, had tramadol and paracetamol at 10 then morphine at 11 once dr finally prescribed it. Woke at 2, 4:30, 5:30 as they keep flapping over other women on ward, but doing ok so hope home today once seen dr. mum n dad are travelling down to see me too
Good running all, boo is your race today or tomorrow, sorry lost, track of everything.
14/07/2012 at 14:42

Hi all

I'm back home now, still sore but must be getting there. They have cut part of the lining of my knee out, wasn't the cartilage after all by the sounds of it.

Should be fine for holiday, but haven't seen surgeon, they sent an ENT Dr to see me today so couldn't answer questions. Will have to ring secretary on Monday for more info and next steps, don't know about work/driving/diving or anything. Haven't got physio and not back at outpatients for 6 weeks.  Nice to be home though

14/07/2012 at 16:42
Hi all. Not run today but went to Gym after visiting OHs Mum this morning. Not drinking tonight so attempting 8 miles in the morning.

Glad you are home Maam. Hope things start to improve.

How are you Mal? Any more running?
14/07/2012 at 18:06

Run planned for tomorrow after swimming, I am happy to have rediscovered the love for it again. I wonder if it's got anything to do with the lovely rain? Good luck on your 8 miles Stripes.

Maam hope you are feeling ok and can go on your holiday. Glad everything went smoothly. Do you have more news on driving etc?

How is the weekend going?

14/07/2012 at 22:02

Hi!

The pics from my holiday are up on facebook under the page 'Rus Turner Photographic' - if you want a little lookie at Kos, then pls go and like the page.

I am nursing the biggest spot on my face today.  Don't know where it came from.

I have a 10k race tomorrow - the 'inaugural' one near where I live.  There's a medal and goodie bag in it and i'm hoping that the 8 miler on Thurs pm will make tomorrow feel like a walk in the park but it's never like that on race days is it! :/

Good luck Booey with your R4L, Stripes with your 8 miler - silver with your run or kids events, Mal with getting back out there - sounds like you're really on it since the wedding and Maam - so glad that you had the op now - the only way is up (on an aeroplane - hee hee) x

14/07/2012 at 23:02
Good luck with the race Emma.
15/07/2012 at 13:57

10k race done in a personal best (LOL!)  Came in under the hour.... can anyone guess what time I did it in????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.