Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,401 to 2,420 of 3,477 messages
15/07/2012 at 14:14

Well done Emma. 57.51?

Did my eight miles. Tried the canal for the first time which was not sensible. Toepath was narrower in parts than I had imagined and very muddy in patches as well. Came off after a mile and then went the wrong way down a country lane and ended up on a busy main road with no pavement, after a U-Turn I finally settled into a rhythm but struggled during the last two miles, finishing in 1.10.31.  Feel good now though

15/07/2012 at 14:31

Well done Emma that's great, my guess is 59:59 just because.

Stripes glad you made it out alive!

15/07/2012 at 15:09

Ha Ha Mal. Fought off some Tigers and a few Crocodiles but the Garmin doesnt seem to have a page to show that

15/07/2012 at 16:29

hee hee - sounds like my kind of run stripes!

Mal - you're right for the clock time, 00:59:59, but my chip time was 00:59:29 

Always hot on race days!  bloody weather!!! 

15/07/2012 at 16:39

Well done on the run Em, good time too.

Stripes - good run, bet felt good to get out.

Wonder how Boo has got on.

Mal - good to see you are back to it.

I still can't put any weight on leg, but good to be home and have taken the bandage off so bit cooler for me.

15/07/2012 at 16:41

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/684170/gallery/tn_2012-07-13_18.56.35.jpg?width=350

This is in hospital after the op, but same day as op.

15/07/2012 at 16:42

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/684170/gallery/tn_2012-07-15_11.14.40_0.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/684170/gallery/tn_2012-07-15_11.14.18_0.jpg?width=350

This was this morning after removing the bandage. Next stop shower to was the writing off the leg.

15/07/2012 at 18:02

Ouch. Looks sore from here Maam

I thought the writing was a Tattoo

15/07/2012 at 19:06

It is sore stripes, hence the crutches. The writing was the surgeons. He put an arrow pointing to the knee and wrote left knee arthroscopy. Think to remind him what he was doing.

I've managed to get the writing off but not all the irodine so still have red patches.

I must admit I've never know all over body pain like it. My hands, elbows and arms from using the crutches. My hips from using one leg. My knee because of op. My back from being sat and laid so much. It's just one very big ouch!!!

The good news is I'm planning on hitting the spa for a massage when I reach cuba, now that the op is done it should be road to recovery and not long till walking, working and hopefully running again

15/07/2012 at 19:32

brilliant pics Maam - thanks!  you got good legs 

not long now til you can tick all those boxes, and now the worry of the op is done you just got that lovely holiday to look forward to.

when is it you go?

15/07/2012 at 20:33

Cheers for the complement Em. Don't think my legs or body are good at all.

Can't wait till holiday, got to be at airport 6am on Friday Can't wait Ave day temp is around 35 deg C at the moment

16/07/2012 at 08:55

Morning everyone

Maam - pleased your op went well and its all over, hope things soon improve, loving the pics  at least you have your hol to take your mind off things

Well I am very pleased with my race result, I got a PB 26.06  almost 10 minutes better than last year and over 2 minutes shaved off my last PB  whey hey  no rain and it was actually to warm for me but cant complain

Em - well done on your race and the result  how was the goody bag? R4L goody bag is usually pretty good but was rubbish this year  medal and water then in the bag was a small pk of cereal and a satchet of steak sauce mix  

Stripes - well done on your 8 miles

Mal - glad you got the running bug back

16/07/2012 at 11:59

Morning all.

Boo - great run and congrats on the new pb. Goodie bag seems a bit odd though.

I've just rang my travel insurance and they are fully covering my knee Didn't expect that one, but because holiday booked first it gets covered Started packing few bits, sorted dive things out, just waiting for final ok from Dr.

Rang hospital and waiting for them to call me back to get the rest of the info that I need.

Now just to learn how to get comfortable at night and sleep!

Keep up the good running everyone

16/07/2012 at 13:36

Booey - great times!!!!!

My goodie bag was pretty empty - I had a few flyers in it (including the Hursley 10k run which is same day as the new forest half marathon - hmmmm, which one to do) but they did give us a free water bottle.  Nice, but it'll be my third running bottle (and its the bigger size so quite cumbersome).

I also got a packet of 4 x bachs rescue remedy pastilles and a small sachet of muscle rub.  The medals good tho - got the olympic torch on it!

Maam - wow - Friday!!! woo hoo - bet you can't wait and diving is a good sport to have for non weight bearing injuries eh?  how long is the trip - a week? 10 days? fortnight?  you want any company??

16/07/2012 at 14:19
Well done on the run Booey. Great time that is
16/07/2012 at 15:03

Going for 2 weeks and yes it is good for not weigh baring, can't wait to get in and see how this works as I've got gloves that make my hands work like ducks feet so that I don't have to use fins Going to be different.  There are 7 of us going so should be good fun with bags of rest, a spa and all inclusive, what more could I need?

16/07/2012 at 15:10

All you need is some elasticated waist bands - all inclusives are amazing - I always put on a minimum of half a stone

So just enjoy it - it comes off again easy enough, when you're home x

16/07/2012 at 15:16

After everything this last month has brought I'm looking forward to getting away. I know the flight is going to hurt, but the spa will still be open when we arrive so I'm thinking massage to start the trip

Not going to worry to much about diet, this is all about fun and recovery, getting myself right again, and ready to face Silverstone in March

16/07/2012 at 19:26

good for you gal - have a few 'sex on the beach'es for me while you're there

16/07/2012 at 20:56

I'll sure try Em.

Finally heard from the hospital too, they are sorting the meds I need to travel with, I'm clear to dive 10 days after the op so let the packing begin Oh, and because I can't walk my OH will have to carry all my things

It is good to know that I can have some recovery time that isn't on the sofa alone. So chill holiday then back to hospital and work out when can walk/drive so I can get back to work!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.