Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,421 to 2,440 of 3,477 messages
17/07/2012 at 12:51

Maam - I bet you are so excited about getting away  please have a few cocktails for me also

I forgot to tell you yesterday, a chap I know from the village and was at school with has set up a running group.  I see him often when I am out running and he asked what I thought, I said yeah put something out and see what happens.  So he put out on facebook and also on the village noticeboard to maybe get out on a monday and friday at 6pm (he knows I can club run elsewhere on a tues weds thurs) and we had our first run last night  3 of us, we did about 3.2 miles  tbh they are both male and quicker than me but I told them I am slow and its upto them if they go ahead or slow down  we stayed together but I pushed myself and went quicker, you always do though when you are with quicker people which is not always a bad thing.  There is another female ( wife of one chap that came last night) coming on friday but i believe she is also quick  I shall see how it goes  so I now have the option of running with groups/clubs 5 nights a week  good ah

17/07/2012 at 13:05

Boo - that sounds brilliant, gives you so much flexibility, but there again also no excuse

I'll try to have some cocktails while away.  I've got to have blood thin injections so don't know how much I'll be able to drink  guess small price to pay.

17/07/2012 at 13:48
Blimey Booey. You'll be turning Pro soon

Where has Silver gone?
17/07/2012 at 13:59

Ha ha, like it stripes, but totally agree with you.

Silver is prob tied up with family and work stuff, he has sounded stressed lately and really busy. Sure he'll be back soon

17/07/2012 at 15:01
Hope so Maam. Got the same feeling I have when the OH manages to drag me into a Womens clothes shop
17/07/2012 at 15:06

Ouch, that can't be a good feeling, lets hope he reappears and explains himself soon then.

I'm off to start my packing Did I mention I'm off to Cuba on Friday Sorry only just feeling like I can be excited for it. x

17/07/2012 at 16:03

LOL at Stripes - the 2 I ran with last night made me feel unfit and slow to be honest  but I am not a quitter  they will just have to put up with me dragging along at the back hehe........oh to be a pro

Yes I was also wondering where Silver was  he did say that work had got very busy.  I am sure he will pop in soon.

Maam - don't apologise for getting excited about your hols  I love that feeling a few days before of "yes yes yes I am getting away on hols, whey hey" and after everything you have been through you really deserve it

17/07/2012 at 18:10

Maam good luck on holiday, bet you have an amazing time. I am so pleased for you tht you are able to go.

Booey well done and hope you like the new running club. Wish someone would start a snails pace running club around here so I could join in.

Stripes I am trying to think of something girly to take over the thread with until Silver comes back to rescue you! 50 Shades of Grey? Anyone read it? Worth the hype or total rubbish? (This book seems to be a hot topic at the moment but I haven't read it)

Emma, how's it going?

Moo hated her settle in session at nursery and got hysterical They had to phone me to get her. She has another one tomorrow and I hope it goes better because my first shift is Thursday. I just want to cry my heart out about it but I'm holding off and hoping tomorrow is better.

To top it off, just as I got my running back on track and before my first shift, I'm ill. Boo hoooo feeling sorry for myself but should pull it together as there are people with much bigger worries than mine.

17/07/2012 at 18:15
Ha ha Mal. All the women in my OHs family were talking about the book at one of the post funeral drinking sessions, when her nephew suddenly said 'my girlfriend is reading it and I had a look but there are no pictures
17/07/2012 at 21:17

Hi Mal

My very good friend at work is in the same boat as you, her daughter Inga is in nursery three days a week and she was really grizzly / crying the first few days - now she gets a bit grizzly but is easily distracted with toys.  She'll do a little relief cry when she see's her mum now, but she will continue to play with whatever toy she has before wanting picking up.  I guess i'm just saying that they come round to the idea pretty quick.  But must be so tough on you x It'll get better tho!!!

With regards to fifty shades of grey - loads of women at Gatwick the other week were reading it.  Some young girl said to me "every woman should read this book" and "you should read it".  However, i'm not a prude, but some other womans fantasty about some masterful millionaire getting some student so sign contracts to do loads of different sexual acts does not really interest me.  I'm more into Mark Billingham and James Patterson crime novels.  Or Sue Townsend - if you haven't read the Adrian Mole books as an adult, I'd strongly recomment them all - along with "the queen and I" and "Queen Camilla" - very funny! xx

17/07/2012 at 22:15

Emma, I have read all the Adrian Mole books since he was 13.75!

My favourite authors are Christopher Brookmyre and Carl Hiaasen. Scottish and American crime thrillers with a sick comic slant.

Had two days in the Gym and no running, cant wait to get out tomorrow night. Trying not to push myself too hard but really got the bug at the moment.

18/07/2012 at 09:14
Hi All sorry I've deserted you but life's been busy and I havent been out for 2 weeks now - I know Ive been bad, very, very bad! Rather than getting stressed about not running I thought I'd just have a bit of time off and as much as I love your company when I'm not running I feel a bit of a fraud coming on here. Hopefully with school and cubs coming to an end for Summer I can get some time back.

I haven't caught up on the posts properly but I see youve all been busy. Have you managed to get out in the rain? It's been dreadful, just dreadful and very depressing. Certainly the worst summer I can remember.

We're getting ready for our hols in Spain - only a month to go now. Best bit which Stripes will love is I've managed to buy tickets for the Real Madrid Barcelona game on 23rd August for me and my boy! It means we have to fly to Barca and stay there for a night in the middle of the hol but to be honest its a once in a lifetime thing and with 2 weeks away I'll be ready for a break from the SIL and family by then! Roll on August and some sunny weather. It's 38 where we are going apparently.

Oh by the way did anyone do the totals - I said I would before I went AWOL?

On the 50 shades Mal I bought my OH a Kindle thingy for her bday last week and I think she's downloaded it. She's certainly had her head down for last few days!
18/07/2012 at 09:16
Haha! Just realised what I said could be taken the wrong way! I meant she has been reading a lot. Haven't noticed a change in the other department but maybe she hasn't reached the juicy bits yet!
18/07/2012 at 09:59

head down.  LOL!!!!!! LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!!! got it immediately

18/07/2012 at 10:44

Welcome back Silver - it is good to hear from you even if you are not running.

The holiday sounds good too. I started my packing last night as I fly on Friday morning Really excited now. Back at hospital today to get the medication I need to fly, finish packing then I'm all set.

Oh, I also cooked my last meal last night as off to OH parents tonight and then out with friends Thursday night. Have to start the holiday in style

18/07/2012 at 11:14

Maam!!!! only 2 more sleeps!!!!!!

18/07/2012 at 11:30
Welcome back Silver. The match sounds tremendous. I am well jealous. Seen Liverpool play(and win ) in both of their grounds but would love to see them play each other.

Not long now Maam
18/07/2012 at 12:38

I know, 2 more sleeps Well if we sleep Thurs night as we'll be doing last packing, seeing friends then have to leave for airport at silly o'clock.  Just can't decide what to take, plus sorting everything while on crutches is such hard work, but worth it

18/07/2012 at 13:08
Hi Ma'am glad the op is over and you are feeling well again. Bet you can't wait for the holiday can you. Just to get away from the rain would be nice. How long is the recovery period? Will you be able to run again this summer or are you looking at next year now? Im down for Oxford half in October so I really need to start training again. Furthest I've run in last 2 weeks is across Sainsburys car park when it started to tip it down. I did sprint mind!
18/07/2012 at 13:15

Hi Silver, yes can't wait to get away.  They are forcast thunderstorm for first few days so wouldn't say that I'll get away from the rain, but at least will be hotter

As for running I don't know yet, will ask that when I go back to the hospital in about 6 weeks time, for now I'm focusing on walking, holiday and driving so I can go back to work.  It's 6 weeks since I was last at work!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.