Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,441 to 2,460 of 3,477 messages
18/07/2012 at 14:16
OMG 6 weeks off work - you'll forget where the place is! Have a great hol with or without the sun.

Speaking of which I thought today was supposed to be sunny. What the heck is going on?
18/07/2012 at 14:44

Hi guys and welcome back Silver  got the bit about the head down also and made me chuckle  not read 50 shades yet but intend to when someone can let me borrow it without me having to buy it haha

Had an eventful club run last night.  5 of us ladies got about a mile away and one of them went over straight on her nose  blood everywhere and possibly broken, was awful poor women

Get ready for the weather to change and the heatwave next week  whey hey

18/07/2012 at 15:52
Hope the sun does come out. Got a few days booked in Brighton next week.

Thats awful Booey. Poor woman
18/07/2012 at 19:57

Yeah, been off 6 weeks so far and signed off for another 6, but hope to go back before then.  Think I've already forgotten where it is.

As for the sun, we've had it all day Getting us ready for the holiday, expect it to be hot for next couple weeks though, it normally is when I go abroad.

Finally got my injections from the hospital too, now to see my GP for a sharps box to dispose of them in.  I hate Chester Hospital, 2 hours to collect a pre written prescription walk to the pharmacy in the hospital and collect, just to be told it's on the wrong piece of paper so have to start again but they won't re do it. Dragged secretary to talk to pharmacy and all now sorted, except they don't give you sharp boxes with needles, you have to get them from dr! Crazy or what???

18/07/2012 at 20:18

Oh, the other bit of news now I have the details from the hospital is that I have had my Plica removed but also I have a partially torn ACL! Great News!!!

18/07/2012 at 21:09

Hi Maam

Read up a bit on the Plica removal - that looks positive and should mean full recovery! lots of people on this site have mentioned it (quite interesting reads).

The ACL tear - does that need to be fixed with surgery also?  I'm not sure if it can heal itself or if it requires some pva glue and some sticky back plastic?

18/07/2012 at 21:33

Em, I don't know about the ACL, I've been readying/googling it and from what I have read I don't think it heals itself and surgery seems to depend on how bad the tear, how the stability is etc.  Surgery would be a graft prob from the hamsting to bypass the ACL.  This seems effective, but don't know yet. Guess will only find out more when back at the hospital and I start asking questions around sport/running and getting back to normal combined with how knee is recovering.

I'm trying to stay strong and focused but is difficult when I keep finding new things out.

Just been doing some more holiday shopping and packing so feeling like nearly ready now

18/07/2012 at 21:51
Sounds like a right palava Maam bet you can't wait to get away and just relax. Are you still going to dive while you're away? I'm guessing you won't be able to after the op.
18/07/2012 at 21:58

Oh Silver how wrong you can be, dive kit is packed and ready to be used. Will have to wait till second week but I can and will be diving and can't wait

It is a pain especially when I don't know if i'm coming or going with my knee, but 2 weeks away, sun, sea, sand etc a few drinks and I'm sure I'll come back more focused and positive.

19/07/2012 at 07:12
I'm well jealous Maam wish I was coming with you! Have a great time.
19/07/2012 at 11:34

After everything I've been through these last few weeks with I'm going, no I'm not, then I am. I now have all I need to go, almost packed, looking forward to meal tonight with friends.

Keep up the great running everyone, hope that you all have a great couple weeks and enjoy the sun - there is bound to be lots as I'm going away, always happens

See you when I'm back xxxx

19/07/2012 at 13:02

Maam - have a fantastic time, just relax and dont even think about your knee  am well jealous too, it was many years ago I went to Cuba but it was very beautiful

Went out for a run with chap from village club last night, we did 6.25 miles and it was my best time for that route I do  its amazing really cuz as much as i say I am running at my pace I obviously do go faster because I know he can go faster  I had a couple of short walk breaks and still did my best time  weird huh, all in the mind I guess  

I have run everyday since Saturday so I am having a well deserved rest day today  

Edited: 19/07/2012 at 13:40
19/07/2012 at 21:25

Maam - have an amazing holiday.  Thanks for the 'soon to come' nice weather that you've left us.  You'll have an amazing time!  Enjoy your diving - running can wait!

Booey - you are like the duracell bunnies - enjoy your rest day today.  I always rest on Thursdays and Saturdays (and feel guilty about it).  Tomorrow morning I will do 4 miles and my 10 miler this sunday looks dubious - my running buddy seems to have overdone it this week and updated fb earlier with tales of hobbling home and going to bed at 8pm.... 

19/07/2012 at 21:26

Too ill to read back, Annoying 'flu  Just wanted to quickly say no running but I got accepted for the part time vocational degree I want to study so I'll be a student (still working too) from September. Excited and a bit scared!

19/07/2012 at 21:48
Well done Mal. Hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy the holiday Maam. Hope you have a wonderful time.
19/07/2012 at 22:20

Congrats Mal!  You'll be super busy (super mum) - hope you feel better soon!

19/07/2012 at 22:57
Well done Mal. How's your girl getting on at preschool? Is she settling in?
20/07/2012 at 11:33

Had a nice rest last night now ready for a run later

tomorrow we are going to a Charity event in MK at someones house, they have tribute bands in the garden and lots of things going on so looking forward to that.  Its through a friend of ours, meant to be good its our first time.  The main act is a Bon Jovi tribute band, you have to dress up if you can like a rocker  I may have to dig the leather trousers out  haha

Have a great weekend everyone

21/07/2012 at 20:05

the sun has come out, down south!!!

21/07/2012 at 20:09
Good. Off to Brighton tomorrow

Did my LSR a day early. 9 miles after work. 1.18.45. Felt great until last mile which was a struggle. Longest run since Feb.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.