Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,481 to 2,500 of 3,477 messages
01/08/2012 at 12:08
Get In
01/08/2012 at 13:49

yay our first gold today  well done ladies rowing, and a bronze in the mens four rowing I believe

COME ON BRADLEY WIGGINS  AND FROOME DOG

Did 5.5 miles last night, so monthly mileage is 54.5  yes I know I need to pull my finger out ......what I need to do is a few LSR's before the HM

Loving the Olympics  watched Phelps make history last night  

01/08/2012 at 14:17
It was great. The Bronze was in the eight. Come on Wiggins
01/08/2012 at 15:07

Please could someone wrestle the chocolate out from my grip and shove me out the door for a run?

Moo hates nursery still, she won't stop crying and won't let anyone cuddle her or even touch her, she will not be distracted  work tomorrow, praying for a better day with her.

01/08/2012 at 19:17
Hi All I actually ran at lunchtime today. Only 3.5k and it was hard work but I tell you what I loved it!! . I have to get my fitness up again as I can feel my breathing is laboured but I'm determined to get back for my HM in October. Who knows I may even go for another trot tomorrow!

Loved the Olympics today watched the cycling and rowing on the Iplayer.

Well done with tickets for footie Stripes - the ladies were fantastic last night it was a really entertaining game. Looking forward to men tonight hope we bear Suarez and all. Did you see someone tweeted to say he should have entered the diving not the footie!

Sorry to hear about Moo Mal - hope it gets easier for you.
01/08/2012 at 20:01

**hugs** for Mal and Moo xxx I know this is hard, but don't let Moo sense any upset on your part

well done silver! welcome back!

Yay Wiggins - watching the recording of it now in bed.  First day went ok, quite tiring being friendly to peopel though.  Its not in my nature......

01/08/2012 at 20:23

Ha Ha Silver. Leave our Luis alone

Hope things improve Mal.

Glad the first day went well Emma.

Did a nice steady 5 miler in between the Cycling and Swimming. Fitting my life around the Olympics

01/08/2012 at 20:46
Lol Emma! We started 2 new guys a couple of weeks ago and we're just getting passed the being overly nice stage. Fortunately they get our sense of humour in the office they have fitted in really well.

Hope it goes well anyway - what did you say you did again - telecoms?
01/08/2012 at 20:58
Watching GB is like a breath of fresh air compared to watching England. I think they are all more relaxed without the pressure of wearing the England shirt. Bellamy has been superb.

Glad you are enjoying the running again Stripes. I think I'm where you were a few months back struggling to get motivation and distance! It's good to know its possible to get the mojo back!
01/08/2012 at 21:56

Hey Stripes - my new job is at IBM, inside software sales, before I was at Ericsson television - selling the technology behind satellite, cable, IP - selling encoders, receivers, multiplexers, satellite modulators etc to your television broadcasters around the world.  
It's a bit of a weird one to explain.

I'm loving the olympics so far - so many channels on bbc!!!  

02/08/2012 at 10:39

Em glad your new job going good, after a couple of weeks you will have settled in

Well, didnt we do well yesterday  Adlington tonight

Had a quick run when I got home from work yersterday did about 3.5 miles

Silver - great news you managed a run and enjoyed it

Mal - I hope little Moo soon settles bless her, my mum use to look after little tots and she said some just take longer to settle than others but they do get there eventually  try not to worry to much

02/08/2012 at 11:33
Sent off my first entry form since February. Hermitage 10k on Sunday week
02/08/2012 at 20:32
Well done Stripes. I can't wait to get going again so I can run without pain or fear of my lungs exploding!

I ran again at lunch today - another 3.5k circuit but this time with the new guy in the office who I have to say is so much fitter than me. He's also 16 years younger do that would explain him being faster. He was desperate to run ahead but needed me to point out the routes through the farmers fields so he ran behind me the whole way. Bloody difficult to not feel like an old man when you're running with a 26 year old who doesn't even break a sweat!

Still loved it again and quite enjoyed chatting a bit as we went round - when I could breath that is! - I can't remember the last time I didn't run alone.

Feel a bit nervous about Saturdays park run as I haven't run a straight 5k in ages without stopping - want to give my support though so I'll definately pitch up. Just hope I don't mark the occassion by having a cardiac arrest!

Hope work was ok Mal and Moo is settling - its a really difficult time and one of those big life changing moments isn't it. My 4yo starts big school in September which will be strange. Can't believe how quickly time has flown!
02/08/2012 at 23:16

Well done Silver, great running. I'm sure park run will be fine. I'm planning one for the first Saturday I'm not working in 3 weeks time. Big Girl starts school in September too, boo hoo!

03/08/2012 at 12:17

A quick Hi and have a great weekend  been extremely busy at work this week.  Finishing at 1 today we are off to Brandon Hall Hotel overnight so going early to use the pool, it was a travelzoo deal  6 of us going so should be a giggle

Catch you next week

03/08/2012 at 18:16

HI everyone.

Well done all on race entries and running with younger fellas!  don't feel intimidated Silver, I bet if you and he did a half marathon you'd rock up feeling stronger (speed does not mean a better runner - at least that's what I keep telling myself).

Off to be beaten up at 7.30 (sports massage).  I can't wait.  My recurring neck and shoulder problem is a real pain and i'm looking forward to being properly sorted.  At 25 quid for a 45 minute treatment, consultation, stretches etc its a steal.  and its only just round the corner.  A nice finish to a good first week at my new job!

Enjoy the olympics all x 

04/08/2012 at 16:52

Hi all, I'm back in 'sunny' UK Had great holiday, will write more later and read the pages I'm missing. Currently feeling very tired and jetlagged.

Em - will post pic of sex on the beach, it isn't like what you'd expect.

04/08/2012 at 18:56

welcome back Maam - get rested and you'll feel more human in a day or two x

04/08/2012 at 20:07
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/684170/gallery/tn_016.jpg?width=350

Em - This is the Sex on the Beach! Just sorting pics then off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited: 04/08/2012 at 20:07
05/08/2012 at 08:23
Welcome back Maam. Glad the holiday was good.

Did my LSR last night in between Olympics and thunderstorms. 11 miles including about 20 minutes of torrential rain. Was as far away from home as possible at the time so had to keep running
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.