Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,541 to 2,560 of 3,477 messages
16/08/2012 at 10:06

It all seems so quiet here. How is everyone getting on with the running?

Stripes - know your doing great

Silver - has gone to the lands of sunshine - I'm only jealous

16/08/2012 at 10:44
Hi Maam. It is very quiet. How are you feeling?

I had another rest day yesterday so I will do two shorter steady runs today and tomorrow.

I may regret putting this on here but I have come to the conclusion that I am no longer scared of the Marathon so I am going to aim to do one next spring if I can stay injury free.
16/08/2012 at 11:42

Hey stripes,

I'm doing ok, feeling stronger everyday at the moment. Just have odd moments where I seem to twinge if that makes sense. Hoping to try a longer walk today and see how I get on, but still not feeling confident on the clutch to drive

Sounds like you have got the running bug big style, and as for the mara, don't regret it. Look at it and take it serious, treat it with full respect and don't rush towards doing it.  I looked at it before I did my knee in and got some useful info on other threads on here. Such as the half way point for knowing you are near completing one is when you can run 20 miles. The last 10k is the worst and to be prepared fully for it. It is a different beast altogether.  I wish you all the best of luck with it, but please take it slow and steady, even if that means going for it in 2014 rather than next year, but better to take it easier and be ready than risk injury. Wish I had the strength and confidence to try one, but after the last couple of months I'm still questionning if I'll ever fully run again

Keeping chin high and doing what I can so fingers crossed

16/08/2012 at 11:43

I don't know if you can click onto my forum threads, but this is one that you may find useful

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/beginners/how-big-a-jump-from-hm-to-marathon/192599-2.html

16/08/2012 at 12:36

Hi everyone

Sorry for the absence I just seem to be so busy at work of late

I have been running a fair bit but still not put in a decent long run, and only 3 weeks sunday to my HM  starting to panic but I guess still time to get a couple in hopefully

Stripes - well done on your 10K race and getting a PB, well done thats so good

Maam - pleased to hear your walking as much as you can and I hope things are looking more positive

Silver - I know you have already gone away, but have a lovely time

I am off to Brum tomorrow with Mum for shopping drinking and over nighter  cant wait

Weather meant to be really warm over the weekend so I intend on sunbathing and either running very early or very late

Have a great weekend and sorry for the flying visit

16/08/2012 at 14:50
Thanks Maam. Will have a read.

Hi Booey. Enjoy Birmingham.
16/08/2012 at 22:44

Hi all

Silver - adios!!!!

Stripes - wow!!! the thought of doing a marathon would fill me with fear - I'd love to have 'done' one, but the time and training - woah - that's a whole different story - so fully support you going for it!!!! We can be your on line support!!!!

Maam - you're doing really well.... you've had knee surgery, you're walking again, then it'll be a little jog then running!!! 

Booey - you are the HM queen!!! i only did silverstone and it near on killed me *was hot wasn't it!!!*

Mal - hi  hope you're feeling less fatigued and that little un is settling with nursery more!

17/08/2012 at 09:38

Hi all

Good to hear that everyone is still around and doing well. Hope everyone has great weekend plans.

I'm off to see our friends band play tomorrow night and that is all I have planned, other than exercising/walking/practicing driving

17/08/2012 at 17:39

17/08/2012 at 17:54

What's up Mal???? Don't be so unhappy, we are all here for you xxx

18/08/2012 at 09:37
Hi All I speak to you from my lounger beside the pool and already it's hot here. 38 yesterday and probably the same today! I hear it's a warm one there too. Our villa is perched on the side of a mountain and every road goes either up or down STEEPLY! I ran 2k down the mountain this morning which was easy and ran/walked the 2k back. It was hot and sticky even at 7.30.

Can't see me getting many miles under my belt but the views are spectacular. I'll post something on here later.

Bye for now! X
18/08/2012 at 10:10

Sounds like you are having a great time Silver, and sure even walking those hills will help you. As for 38 being hot, that is cold in comparison to Cuba, it was 45 -49 degrees! Now that is hot!!!

18/08/2012 at 16:30
My goodness how can anyone manage in those temps Maam - that's ridiculous! It's been really humid here to day too so lots of pool time oh and an afternoon siesta.

Now where's my beer.......?
18/08/2012 at 16:34
Mal qu?? est?? sucediendo?

Don't you love Google translate? Hope it's right it could say anything for all I know.
18/08/2012 at 16:52

Silver - beer sounds good. Like you we used the pool and when I couldn't be in the pool I sat under palm trees, great shade Forget the running, swim instead, bar to sunlounger and back again with a drink on each lap for hydration

I also like your google translation. I ordered my teach yourself spanish on amazon yesterday and it's on its way So that is arabic, german, italian and spanish, just to order the norweigen manual and will be fully set I like a challenge!

18/08/2012 at 21:41

OMG, i'm melting and its twenty to ten in the evening and prob only mid twenties.  I would DIE in the 40's...

Silver - have a great holiday - keep running down the hill

I got my long sunday run in the morning......thinking I may go at 5 instead of 6 so i'm back before it gets too hot.... meant to be the hottest day of the year tomorrow....

19/08/2012 at 20:11

How did the run go? And hottest day of the year??? We've had rain all day!

20/08/2012 at 13:24

Hi everyone,

Just thought that I'd see how everyone is getting on. I finally went for a drive yesterdsay, only to OH parents which is less than a 10 min walk but felt good being behind the wheel. Only problem was that it hurt like hell and I've been in pain since

Good news though, my spanish lesson arrived today guess that is more for me to do now!

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend!

20/08/2012 at 16:44

Sorry this is another flying visit

Not run since Thurs, did 6.2 miles.  Had a great time in Brum shopping drinking etc sunbathed all weekend, my god was it a hot one, loved it. Cooler today but still lovely

Less than 3 weeks to HM, panicking more

Chat more tomorrow honest *waves*

23/08/2012 at 22:18

Don't all shout at once!

Things are difficult and stressful for our family at the moment especially regarding work and nursery but the end is in sight. Hope to be on here a bit more soon and running more too. Not intending to moan, life is generally good promise.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.