2,601 to 2,620 of 3,477 messages
08/09/2012 at 19:26

Ha Ha Silver.

My OH went yesterday and she absolutely loved it. I was very jealous

09/09/2012 at 10:08

Good luck to everyone racing today

09/09/2012 at 12:12
Thanks Maam.

Just home. Great race. Very well organised. Really warm for running but cant complain too much as I smashed my 10k P.B. 48:03. Think I could have gone quicker if I had paced it better. Started too quickly and struggled last 4k. Still pleased though
09/09/2012 at 12:22

Well done!!! Awesome time too, bet you are really chuffed Have a pint now and chill

09/09/2012 at 12:57
Ha ha. Could do with one
09/09/2012 at 21:04
Well done Stripes that's a great time. I bet you were boiling it was really hot here today. We had my 5yo party today - first for his 8 best friends on the morning and then for the family in the afternoon - it seemed to go on forever! Still he loved it which is all that matters - he went to sleep in seconds tonight.

Right advice on treadmills wanted - should I get one or not? I may be able to run tomorrow as I'm in the office all day so I'll see how I feel after that but I'd welcome your views on the pros and cons of using one before I fork out! Ta.

By the way I didn't mean to be rude about being married to Mrs S - she's not that bad really - I could have done a lot worse! Haha
09/09/2012 at 22:01
Oh bum a couple of glasses of vino and the Internet are not a good combo for me. I've only gone and purchased a treadmill haven't I. Seemed like a proper eBay bargain though. It's a Tunturi T30 I think. Got it on a buy it now for 100 quid and the only thing wrong with it is that the clip to hold it upright is broken. Looks like they retail new for close to a grand?? It's either bargain of the century or I've been right royally ripped off. Either way I'm opening another bottle of plonk. Bottoms up!
09/09/2012 at 22:07
Burp!
09/09/2012 at 22:08
Bugger - I've just realised its in Aberdeen!?!?
09/09/2012 at 22:20

Blimey. How you gonna get that home? Or have I fallen into your trap?

09/09/2012 at 22:22

LOL - Silver!!!! you're just chatting to yourself now aren't you!
I think the treadmill is a good idea, and a trip to scotland even better.  The treader will be good for doing speed training, which will speed you up overall - and when its super icy outside or Mrs S is off out and you've eaten a few too many tubs of icecream then voila - the inside running solution!

I don't think you'll stop the running outside either - it'll just keep your fitness up for when you can't go out.  Good purchase!!!!

And congrats on the wedding anniversary - did Mrs Silver say you could have a treadmill because she's got her eye on a hot tub / diamond bracelet / new car???? 

09/09/2012 at 22:48
Oh there is life out there!!! I thought it was just me and the vino!! And EBay of course.

I reckon it's a good purchase too Em. I was actually thinking ages back that having a tready would help me improve my speed a bit or at least pace myself better. I also hate the winter runs round the village as its bloody dark and the pavements are pants and the roads dangerous. Thinking about it like that it could be a life saver couldn't it. My decision is justified.

You've got me worried about Mrs S motives though - there's always a hidden meaning with Mrs S and come to think of it she has been looking at new cars lately - not diamonds or hot tubs though at least I don't think so - Oh - I've got it it's a new kitchen she's after - seriously she's mentioned it before and one of her friends said when they were in John Lewis they spent ages looking at fridges!

This treadmill could cost me a fortune - and I don't just mean the petrol to Aberdeen!
09/09/2012 at 23:02
Booey - what have I done!?

Did you race this weekend by the way?
10/09/2012 at 10:57

Silver you are so funny! Good buy on the treadmill, sounds like a good buy to me. Take Mrs S with you when you go to collect and try to make a weekend of it sort of thing

I like the idea of a treadmill for those days that you just can't face getting out or don't have the time. You can do speed or hills on treadmill and get a great workout too. Will never beat a great outdoor run though

I'm getting ready for the post op hospital trip and aren't looking forward too it, infact feeling scared about it

Hope everyone is having a good day, well as good as work can get, I've got that joy tomorrow for the first time in 13 weeks!!! How tough is 6am get up??? Does 6am really exist? The joys

10/09/2012 at 11:42
It's going to be difficult Maam. Just coming back from 2 weeks hols was hard enough.

Other good thing about a treadmill - I won't even need to get dressed to run - U can run in my pants if Ivwsnt and no one will know or care. JOY!!!
10/09/2012 at 13:55
Just read that back and it should have said I can run in my pants not U can run in my pants! Hahahaha
10/09/2012 at 13:56
Where is everyone?
10/09/2012 at 14:20
Ha ha Silver. Still waiting to hear how Booey got on in her race.
10/09/2012 at 17:06

I'm hear, back from the hospital and finally know what they have done, what is wrong, recovery process etc.  Someone who knew something, finally!!! Ok, so they have removed the medial plica and I have a stretched ACL (cruciate). I should have started physio the day it was done, that is only just over 8 weeks ago! Never mind will start on Friday instead. The pain I still have is because of the op and the tenderness etc. I should make a full recovery but they are expecting not much difference in the next 3 months but should be fully recovered and back to full running etc in the next 6-9 months! Looks like Silverstone could be interesting but she told me to still go for it My quads have gone, my hamstring doesn't want to play and there is some chemical trick where my brain can't talk to my lower leg properly.  Feeling more confident on knowing this is the start of getting better after all this time, that I can run again eventually and that it will take some time and intense physio sessions oh and painkillers still. Work have to play nice with me and all should work out fine.

Silver I'm still laughing at your vino conversation

Going to do dinner now as still have 2 more minor dr visits tonight before up for work in the morning so will be about less on the net Keep me laughing and smiling and happy please, I'll be posting running reports again, at some point in time

10/09/2012 at 18:52
Ooooo Maam all that talk of cruciates made me wince but I'm glad you had a good appointment and you're feeling positive about the recovery.

Apologies for my rambling last night and also saying you could wear my pants earlier. One day soon I'll do some running again and talk about that on here!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.