Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,661 to 2,680 of 3,477 messages
18/09/2012 at 15:47
Hi Mal. I hope you are well.

Just been for my thrice weekly drink of swimming pool, nipped back into work, off to do a gentle run later to see if I can be hopeless at two sports in one day
18/09/2012 at 18:16

Thanks for not forgetting who I am!! I've done no running at all in the last couple of months, exhausted doesn't even cover it. Luckily I'm right at the end of a busy and stressful time and the very first plan is a run. Can't wait to get out there, I'm sure I've lost fitness but I'll build it up slowly.

I've missed too much but I'm dying to hear how you've all been, can I have a cheat sheet of what you've all been up to please? How's running going and (more importantly) how is life treating you all?

18/09/2012 at 22:07

Hi Mal

Great to hear from you!!!! new you'd be busy with the family!

My cheat sheet - my other half is working in kos at the moment so i've been on my own since beginning of august  

on the plus side though, i've lost half a stone in weight and have been doing lots of exercise so i'm hot when he gets back  

Running is going ok - same old same old - small races and just enjoying it!  

Don't worry about loss of fitness - they say it doesn't take so long to get it back.  

Maam - I will post the magazine this week to you! hang on in there!  x x

Silver - lol!  Mrs S wanting something.  Sometimes, us women can be pretty cool about things (but you're prob right - let us know when she mentions the new car / designer shoes / holiday with the girls!)

Stripes - did the pool taste good today?  I dread to think about swimming pool water.

Booey - what's the next event for you?  With the autumn drawing in, the races are running out! 

18/09/2012 at 22:51

Ewww. Hadn't thought of it like that

18/09/2012 at 23:52
This is my 14th run and I LOVE IT running is FANTASTIC! Makes me feel on top of the world!!!!
19/09/2012 at 07:04

Hi Margrit!  you got those 'feel good' hormones going on when you run 

19/09/2012 at 15:18

Hi everyone

Sorry just a quick pop in, club run last night did 5.5 miles enjoyed it

Em - Santa Run in December, 5 miles I think.  Silverstone next March, thats it at the moment but looking

19/09/2012 at 16:06

Hi all

Still not doing great, today a bad day with knee collapsing all day.  Given in and having comfort food, but a last down before hitting the exercise hard, well as hard as I can get away with.

The good new is I've today picked up my new glasses so a bit of a makeover in progress.  I've got a visit to a department to apply for a new job closer to home. Oh and OH took me Christmas window shopping at the weekend (early I know) but as the sale was on got a leather jacket. It is a bit tight but wearable tight, best to get that way with the weight I still want to loose.  The best bit is it's a size 10! A big one I think but I'm still having that one

Mal - My cheat sheet is that I've been off work with a bad need since June, had surgery July. Still made Cuba, just. Back at work just on a phased return.  Feeling down and stressing as can't run, but trying to get there. Still hate work and especiallly the travel. Pray for a lotto win. Good news is me and OH still really happy and loving life, making the most of what we can do.

Stripes - Enjoy the swimming, I've still not made the pool On the to do list.

Silver - hows the tready?

Em/Boo - Good reports as always.

19/09/2012 at 20:29
Evening All. Well I can at long last report some....wait for it....running!! Yes, having taken the plunge and purchased my treadmill I've been running like its going out of fashion for the last 3 evenings - had to really as I don't want Mrs S saying I told you it wouldn't get used.

I have to say I love it too - surprisingly - I can do a bit before dinner, eat, put kids to bed, and do a bit later on all with the footie on in the background. I've been shifting it too. I ran a solid 10 mins at 8mph and I've done some 30min programmes on top too. I'm knackered and aching but it's great fun. For the first time I've taken my heart rate too. It's about 60 at rest but 144 after 10 mins of 8mph which is probably dangerous at my age. The good thing is within a min it's back down to 80ish which hopefully means I'm still quite fit! I reckon I've covered about 8 miles in the last 3 evenings.

A special hello to Mal ...hello... Where've you been?
Quick Update on my life Hols, hot, Barcelona, work, Paralympics, school starting, my 5yo first day, work, footie season starting, work, my 5yo birthday party, work, work and more work. Phew no wonder I'm shattered.
19/09/2012 at 21:05

Thanks for the cheat sheets, some ups and downs for everyone. I'm aiming to run tomorrow so will report back with actual running news hopefully!!

19/09/2012 at 21:13
Not actual running news?!? That's not what we come on here for - is it?
19/09/2012 at 23:17

Well...no, not really but need to keep the facade for purely official purposes, really I'm checking in on ice cream status for the evening.

20/09/2012 at 08:58
I've Cream consumption is significantly down from its usual level Mal, although my SIL left a dozen chocolate covered honeycomb ice cream lollies and some cjicolate covered peanut butter flavour ice cream lollies here after my sons party and I've been seeing them off at the rate of one a night for the last week - it would be silly not to as they take up so much space in the freezer!

Oh I didn't run last night as I was busy/ knackered from 3 nights of sprinting. . (Phew just remembered to mention the R word)

Good to have you back don't dissappear for too long next time! You're the only one that appreciates the stress and strain of having little ones!
Edited: 20/09/2012 at 09:01
20/09/2012 at 19:44

yeah Mal, we all were thinking of you x  just pop on even if its just a super quick hello x

20/09/2012 at 19:57

Will do, thanks for the welcome back.

I've started my course now so am officially a student again but I managed to get lots done today. Missed you all!

20/09/2012 at 20:10

Welcome back Mal, good to hear you are keeping busy. Miss you too xxx

How is student life treating you ? x

21/09/2012 at 09:34

Woop Woop, physio today sounding promising for me getting back to normal Yipee!

21/09/2012 at 09:53

Maam that's fantastic news, your hard work and dedication must be starting to pay off.

Student life is not how I remembered it...all night parties, no food, late nights and later mornings, occassional bit of work...

Now it's much more like normal life with an extra dose of crazy work added in! I'm doing most of it from home apart from study days and tutorials x3 per month in Bristol or Havant. Having said that I'm enjoying it despite the business.

I have a cold and feel a bit run down with it, can't remember the advice on colds, is it ok to run still? (got the r word in!)

87+

21/09/2012 at 10:00

Mal - good to hear that you are enjoying your course, but not good to hear that you have a cold.  The advice the Dr gave me is that if it is from the neck up you are ok to run, if it's in the throat or neck down then don't.  Hope this helps and hope even more that you get better soon.

Can't wait to get back to exercising Speaking of which, off to do physio exercises, making the most of this good feeling from this morning.

Oh, and I'm diving tomorrow again. First time in the UK since I did my knee in, can't wait and hope all will go well

21/09/2012 at 12:22

Mal - good to see you back and running looking positive apart from the cold  hope it goes soon

Maam - some goods news for you, thats great  enjoy the dive tomorrow

Did my local short run last night of about 3.4 miles, nice and pleasant

Have a great weekend everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.