Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,701 to 2,720 of 3,477 messages
26/09/2012 at 19:32

Silver you are so funny, careful you don't do yourself an injury in setting up your wires ready for your run. Question is will it make you run faster???

Like the idea of the the cushioned tready in the garage, but would have to find space amongst the fish stuff, tools, dive kit and of course the Lotus! Oh well, will stick to the cross trainer for now. Praying for a lotto win so can get a bigger house, more kit and some more hols

26/09/2012 at 19:44
I'm praying for a lottery win so I can afford a Lotus!
26/09/2012 at 23:18

Silver - I'm still chuckling about yours and Mrs S's big sesh in the garage!!! You are perky today eh!

Mal - hi!!! hope all that course work is going well!

Maam - enjoy the magazine.  I've cancelled my womens running and runners world magazine now.  They do somewhat repeat themselves after a while so i'm going to scale back on my outgoings for a time. 

Run this morning (4 miles) and 16km spin this evening.  Tomorrow, I got a run planned with a couple of graduates at work.  They're like 23 so it should be interesting to run with the young whipper snappers....i shall be back at my desk all pink!

Booey - how are your joints now that the weathers turning cooler?  Are you suffering or is it going ok on your medication?

Stripes - how many miles you done this month?  I'm up to 85 miles - don't know if i'll hit the 100 mark again.

oooon - my exciting news is OH is coming home next weds pm.  So I will be at gatwick to meet him.  So excited!

27/09/2012 at 08:10
Hi Emma. Bet you are glad the OH is coming back. No more spider trouble

My mileage currently stands at 86.9. How sad am I???
27/09/2012 at 09:22

My mileage is appalling this month  but I did have a good week off after the HM  went club running last night with the Run England group, we only ever do about 3 miles but its such a nice group I really like going out with them now and again

My joints are doing great Em the medication is defo working  I was getting acid and explained this to hospital last week so I am moving from the methotrexate 8 tablets to having weekly injections of it  I am cool with that apart from it means weekly visits to hospital as local GP cant do it.  I can only see how it goes.  Blood tests moved from 2 weekly to monthly  and other 2 lots of tablets say the same.

Silver - you be careful with all this activity in the garage  glad you enjoying the tready

Em - be great to have your OH back  what does he do?  Well done on your mileage you are so good

Stripes - you too  excellent mileage

Maam - was it the diving that irritated the knee?  At least the physio seems happy with whats going on, thats one thing

A week today I go to Fuerte  yeehaaaaaaaaa

27/09/2012 at 16:06

Those electric wires hanging from the lights worked wonders last night.

Here I am mid flow in the garage - and there's Mrs S turning up the power in the background.  Haha!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/672640/gallery/imagescasgowvz.jpg?width=350

27/09/2012 at 17:53
Ha ha ha ha
27/09/2012 at 21:15

Silver - Mrs Silver is HOT!!! 

Stripes - i'm just as sad - thanks to the garmin I can report 88.68... not much in it at all is there - show's we've been busy!

Booey - my OH is a photographer.  He also set up a photographic studio for other photographers to use (hire out the studio).  He's been out in Kos taking pictures of people, horses and places!  He seems to be getting a good reputation out there.....

I'm booking next thursday off work because I will collect him on weds pm just after midnight and thursday we will have a lie in. Its been a long time since i've had a snuggle with him and I cannot wait.  Just for the cuddles if nothing else 

27/09/2012 at 21:45

Nobody is really interested but the reason I am so sad is that I have deliberately run 86.9 miles ready for the 13.1 I hope to complete on Sunday

More swimming today. Not much progress, still can't get the breathing right.

Not doing anything tomorrow or Saturday. Will have put on three stone by the start of the race

27/09/2012 at 22:26
Hey Maam I got an email from the national lottery today saying my winnings would be paid directly into my bank account. It took me 10mins to login to my NL account as I forgot and had to reset my password and guess how much I won. 3 effin quid - 3 quid! Is there any part of a Lotus I could buy for 3 quid?

I've just done another couple of tready miles after my exertions last night didn't manage 4 miles in 30mins but I'm determined to get there.

Just opened a bag of popcorn as I'm bored and out of Ice Cream. I'm eating like a big lately.
27/09/2012 at 22:28
That should have said Pig!!!

Sorry meant to say well done on spectacular monthly totals Em and Stripes. Not sure how you find the time to fit it in but well done anyway.
Edited: 27/09/2012 at 22:32
27/09/2012 at 22:59

Congratulations on the big win Silver. Hope you still speak to us now you have come into money

28/09/2012 at 21:19

Stripes - love it - a nice round 100 miles for September for you!  woo hoo! Let us know how you feel after running half marathon distance on sunday! and what time - seeing as you are the super quick one on this forum thread!!

Silver - was that euro millions you won on?  I only play straight forward lottery draw nowadays as whenever I 'won' on euro millions (twice I think in a million years) it was always £2 or £3 - I'd rather not get excited over the 'news about your ticket' email.

Did a cheeky 4 miles this morning (slower than yesterday lunchtimes run with the young uns) but all good.  Its so dark when I go out in the mornings... difficult to get out but great when you're out!!

Is everyone here from sporty backgrounds, or did the running come about later on in life?  

28/09/2012 at 22:43
I've always been sporty Emma. Footie, rugby and my favourite cricket at school and college. All stopped in my mid 20s though when I became a professional spectator! so the running is the first real sport I've done in almost 20years!

Ran on the tready again tonight 2.25m in 20 mins. Hard work and I got a right sweat on but great fun too. I'm determined to run 4m in 30mins soon but I'll need to improve my fitness for that to happen. Haven't run outside since Spain so I'm a bit jealous of your early morning running.

Now back to the golf!
29/09/2012 at 17:30
Hi all! I have done my first 10 mile run today. YIPPEE!!!
29/09/2012 at 18:11

Well done Margrit!! 10 miles is a long way!

What time did you manage to do it in?  How did you feel during it - heavy legs or relatively easy?

Silver - enjoy the ryder cup.  I can't get into golf unless I play it on the xbox (very rarely nowadays!)

29/09/2012 at 19:59

Well done on the run Margrit.

Had a good day. The reds finally won and I have been offered a job if I can extricate myself from my failing business.

All pasta'd up and ready for the early start tomorrow.

29/09/2012 at 20:06

Hey Stripes - I'm in a good mood too because Spurs beat Man U!!! Yesssssss - we are now in 4th!!!!  Great news about the job offer!!! Sorry to hear your business is not going so great (hard times for self employed - my partner is self employed but luckily I am PAYE so we get by).  Well done for giving it a go though - I don't have the guts to work for myself....

I had my fish finger sandwiches and maybe some crumpets in a short while.  Spinning today and some vibration training at the gym.  Now a warm bath before the early morning run tomorrow.... between 10-11 miles.  Its not meant to rain in the morning and I have a feeling these rain free days are going to be few and far between....

Good luck for tomorrow Stripes - let us know how it goes!   the 100 mark, here we come eh?!!!!

29/09/2012 at 20:46
Good luck tomorrow Stripes and you also Emma. 100m in a month is fantastic. What time you aiming for Stripes - must be sub 2hr?

Good news on the job too mate - you're not the secret replacement for Brendan Rodgers are you haha! Good result today at last.

Hi Margrit hope you're legs are ok after 10m. That's a great distance. Are you an experienced runner?
29/09/2012 at 21:48

Thanks both.

Good luck with your run Emma. Hope you are right about the weather(only about 200 miles away!) I love fish finger sandwiches

Ha Ha Silver. One week on his wages would do me for a few years.

Hoping to beat my P.B. (1:56.24 for my only HM so far) but it sounds like it is a very tough course whereas my first one was as flat as a pancake

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.