Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,721 to 2,740 of 3,475 messages
29/09/2012 at 21:53

You never know what the day will throw at you either - the 10k I did last week was in fact a mudslide in disguise, so a PB there for anyone was out of the question!

You'll have a great time!  post up a piccie of your medal afterwards! will be thinking of you while I take it easy out there, on my own listening to queen on my ipod 

30/09/2012 at 01:49
Hi all! Thank you for all your kind words. It was my 44th birthday so i have been running an 8 mile run for 2 weeks so i wanted to up the anti,as i do want to be a distance runner. I am 9 minute mile runner,i know its slow but i want stamina first speed can come later. I can run for about 1 hour 40 minutes before i get heavy legs but i always find the first few miles are the toughest and then i kind of float along. I do lots of stretching YOGA after my runs so that sorts all the heavy ness out of my legs. I really want to do a marathon but i thought maybe after xmas doing a 13 mile one. Keep going all of you and thank you. xx
30/09/2012 at 09:17

Hey Margrit - your slow 9 minute mile is my race pace - I am more comfortable between 9.5-10 min miles.  Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Did my 11.5 miles this morning - it was a struggle to get out of bed but ok 'on the road'.  Had to stop 3 three times - due to a wardrobe malfunction (ladies - sports bras that come unhooked???!!!!! nightmare!)

Anyway, I wonder how stripes is feeling today - fingers crossed he has a good run!

Must go - the fridge is calling 

30/09/2012 at 10:15
Well done Em - is that your century?

Hi Magrit - I reckon 9 min miles is my normal pace too. I haven't run 10miles straight for ages now but I did a HM back in April. I'm supposed to be running another in 2 weeks but despite my regular treadmill runs I just don't think I'm fit enough for it. Ill see how I feel next week but I reckon I'll be bailing on this one.

Any one want to take my place? Oxford HM on 14th Oct? You can have my entry number for free but you may have to run under my name!!
30/09/2012 at 11:10

Morning all,

Well done to all those running, having birthdays. I'm jealsous, but slightly more jealous of the fish finger sandwiches, nom nom indeed!!! I've just decided to cut bread out my diet for a bit, makes me so bloated

Nothing much new with me, but after reading your posts I'm going to get changed into some fitness gear and give my upper body cardio a go. First time since before Cuba. I've been saying for ages I need to get back into it and you have all given me the kick that I need so very much thank you Hopefully my arms won't fall off, and lack of bread this week and 4 days on the cereal diet (Em you gave me inspiration) should kick start me into diet/fitness motivation. Plus only doing 3 days this week, such hard work

30/09/2012 at 13:01
Hi all. Managed to finish. Evil course. Didn't realise Macclesfield was in the foothills of the Himalayas

Got awful stitch on 12 miles but walked/hobbled home in 1:49.22ish.
30/09/2012 at 13:08

Stripes - That is a brilliant time - sounds like a new PB and one you should be very very proud of!

Now for a rest, chillout and well deserved beer, hope the legs don't ache too much for you xx

30/09/2012 at 16:16

Thanks Maam. Just home. Legs are fine. Just about to have a bath. Probably fall asleep once I'm in it

30/09/2012 at 16:20

Official time on website 1:49.26. Gonna try to find a very flat half and see how close to 1:45.00 I can get. Maybe not for a while though

30/09/2012 at 16:31
Hi all. Managed to finish. Evil course. Didn't realise Macclesfield was in the foothills of the Himalayas

Got awful stitch on 12 miles but walked/hobbled home in 1:49.22ish.
30/09/2012 at 16:33
Bloody phone. Am trying to set a record for most posts in a row without a reply!
30/09/2012 at 18:02

You are doing well at it tripes, and a great official time too! Sure you'll break the 1:45 on a flat course.

30/09/2012 at 18:59
Well dOne Stripes. That's an awesome time on a hilly course. I'm sure you'd manage 1.45 in a flat course.
30/09/2012 at 19:00

Well done Stripes (or should I say Tripes - eh maam?)

That's an amazing time!!! only in my wildest dreams....

I did 11.5 this morning and my legs are buggered!!! I think because last week I did a 10k race and the week before a 5 mile race so i've not been doing such high mileage on sundays.... so to go from 6.2 mile to 11.5 was a bit of a shock to the old pins.  Never mind - I ate a complete three cheese and garlic and herb flatbread for dinner tonight!!!

30/09/2012 at 19:18
Thanks all.

Tripes - thats what I talk lots of
30/09/2012 at 20:08
Just limbering up for a tready run if anyone's interested!?!

Your fantastic running has spurred me on and I'm going to try for my 4m in 30mins at a steady 8mph. It's getting into heart attack territory for me but hey what else is there to do on a Sunday night? (I mean running not having a heart attack!)

Will report back in how far I get in half an hour while listening to the Ryder Cup on radio 5. Oh sometimes you have to wonder if life can get any better!
30/09/2012 at 21:18

Go Silver. Go Silver.

30/09/2012 at 22:03

Silver - are you ok? did you fly off the back of the treadmill or did it all go ok???

01/10/2012 at 10:21

Stripes - amazing time  well done  and after getting a stitch at mile 12 you did brilliant  hope your ok today and not aching to much

Maam - you made me laugh calling stripes tripes haha

Silver - same as what Em said - are you ok  

Em - well done again on all the running and mileage this month

Well I have had my worst month for mileage since I started  I did 6.24 yesterday so that brings my total mileage to 42 for September  oops must try harder  I shall endeavour to run everyday in Fuerte

Here is a pic to make you all laugh of me just about to finish at HM 3 weeks ago, I was giving mum the thumbs up when she was fighting back the tears haha

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/657705/gallery/me.jpg?width=350

01/10/2012 at 17:53
Hey Booey looking good - despite what appears to be a steep hill! Bet your Mama was so proud? My folks are very supportive of my running even though they never see me doing it. I guess that's what parents are for.

Good news is I survived the intense tready run but bad news is I didn't manage 4m in 30mins yet. I did however make 3.5m almost exactly which I'm pretty chuffed about. A constant 7mph. The step up to 8mph for that length of time is a big one but I'll get there.

I have to say despite the lack of scenery and reduced distances I am loving the intensity of the tready workouts. I sweated buckets last night so I must be working harder - either that or the treadmill is too close to the boiler! Haha - I'm not kidding is right next to it - I'll probably die of carbon monoxide poisoning before I reach my 4 miles!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.