Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,901 to 2,920 of 3,476 messages
27/10/2012 at 16:44

Good luck for tomorrow Em, not that you need it

27/10/2012 at 18:10
Lilac..or blue! It's freezing outside here now it's gonna be cold in the morning! Good luck I'll look out for your lilac bonce!
27/10/2012 at 22:45
Good luck Ems let us know how you get on
27/10/2012 at 23:01

Hi Guys,

Been a busy few days,

Emma good luck tomorrow,

Silver some good running on the tready I did a mile at the gym varying the elevation between 1.5 and 3, I supose it's ok but I find it easier running outside,

Booey it was my first HM and I'm still raving about it to anybody who'll listen, can't wait for the next ome in March ,

Maam, good luck with the job application and I hope the knee has stopped giving you issues.

Took the 1 mile group on Thursday, all newbies who where jog walking, they were so full of appoligies, I kept telling them it was ok and I was in a similar position when I started way back in Feburary.  After JS I went for a run with another leader he was looking to test a new route, mandatory hill, BOY! it was steep but short.  5 miles 47 mins good to get the legs stretch before tomorow's 17.46K race.

I'll try and get on here sometime in the afternoon and let you know how I've got on, thats if the hills haven't killed me!

ps.  I've just heard the head Jog leader for Inverness and Muir of Ord has won the Jog Leader award

Edited: 27/10/2012 at 23:02
28/10/2012 at 01:32
Good luck with the runs Emma and Stewart.

Just back from pub so took forever to type this

11 mile pootle tomorrow once rehydrated and before football. Extra hour is a boon
28/10/2012 at 10:22
Good luck Stewart. I'm just watching the GSR on tele. Did Jo Pavey really run 10m in 52mins last year!?! And she's 39. It's just not fair.

Got my parents on the tready earlier - they loved it but Dad panicked at 3.5mph. Mums a hardened gym goer so no problems for her.

God it's cold this morning and kids woke up an hour earlier due to clock change so no lye in here today! Oh well Halloween party later - cant wait.

Come on Liverpool I'll be watching too Stripes. Said, sterling and Wilson were great in the week hope they start again today.
28/10/2012 at 15:17

Cold - it was blaaaaady freezing!!!! I have just about got the blood circulating back to my fingers!  

So - race report.... got to portsmouth, stood around freeeeezing for ages in my pen, some opera singer sang Jerusalem so I put my ipod on.  Ran 10 miles. Finished 10 miles. Legs feel tight (calves), picked up goodie bag, put on medal and silver foil blanket, got in car - came home & showered.  Now in bed watching re-run of the race! 

Came in at 1:34:50.  This is almost 7 minutes quicker than my time for last year so i'm super happy!

this website is being a dog at the minute so can't upload a pic just yet - will do so when I have more patience 

28/10/2012 at 15:43
Well done Emma - great time. It looked freezing on tele didn't envy you there today.

Jo Pavey was awesome.
28/10/2012 at 15:50
Well done Emma. Great time. Excellent race report

Tickets to the Opera for Christmas?
28/10/2012 at 18:43

Hi Guys,

Emma, great time you're right to be happy, what channel was the race on? hopefully I'll be able to catch a re-run

A fuller race report to follow:

17.46KM/10.8 miles in 1:41:15, and there were some steep hills in there, ran them all though

28/10/2012 at 20:33

Well done guys, great runs by you both

Bet you are both really happy and now chilling out as well deserved

28/10/2012 at 20:54

Well done Emma!

29/10/2012 at 12:59
Well done Stewart. Great effort keeping going on the hills too especially in your neck of the woods where I imagine a hill is a real hill not a soft southern shandy drinking slope!

Thinking about doing the Bedford HM as its flat and in December. There's something I like about that distance and I'm determined to improve on my time. Anyone know anything about it? Isn't that your area Booey?
29/10/2012 at 16:15
Hi Silver.

Have a look at the reviews on here. Bit mixed. Put me off it to be honest.
29/10/2012 at 17:40
Hmmm see what you mean Stripes. The short armed kagoul would be a disaster for me.

I know a lady who runs with Bedford Harriers (I think) so I've asked her for an honest opinion. May have to look elsewhere but there's not too much close by in Dec.

Santa Run in Marlow with my boy is off by the way, not due to footie, but cos he wOn a day trip to Bruges in a comp and he's going with Mrs S on that day. Nevermind!
29/10/2012 at 18:33
Sod running. Go with them. Belgium is great
29/10/2012 at 19:03

Hi all

29/10/2012 at 22:59
I had a girlfriend from Belgium many years ago. Loved the place - cant beat Brussels for a bit of nookie and a chocolate croissant!

My boys desperate for an Anfield visit Stripes so I'm eyeing up a match early next year which may have tickets. I'll speak to my mad Reds mate and see what's available. The boy wants to watch Spurs but I'm guessing tickets will be like the proverbial rocking horse poop!
29/10/2012 at 23:00
Sorry - Hi Maam! How's the job app going? I'm interviewing all day tomorrow - joy!
29/10/2012 at 23:06

Silver. Sunderland would be easy to get tickets for as its January 2nd. Kids would still be off school wouldn't they? Spurs isn't until March is it and could still be moved for TV. Saturday games are always a nightmare to get tickets for.

Nookie in Brussels. Ha Ha. I only ever get a beer

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.