Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

2,921 to 2,940 of 3,477 messages
29/10/2012 at 23:17
Sunderland could be a good one to aim for. I'm planning to stay in Yorkshire so itd be an easy drive back. Could wait for West Ham in April to give Carroll a bit of stick. Hopefully they buy a decent striker in January and start winning again.

The nookie was a long time ago - I'd be happy with a beer now!
29/10/2012 at 23:45

Ha Ha Ha.

I am trying to work out how much a Road Bike and all the accessories will cost. Can't believe how expensive it all is. May just stick to running!

Edited: 29/10/2012 at 23:46
30/10/2012 at 07:02
My God Stripes you are taking this exercise lark very seriously. You must have your sights on a triathlon - go on admit it you're amongst friends!

I'd love to do one but I can't stand cycling and my swimming is pants - I'm not the best runner either so not much hope I'm afraid!
30/10/2012 at 12:49
Ha ha. Yeah thats the long term plan. Been swimming three times a week for the last six weeks. Still awful. Managed three lengths before first breather last night but Ironman is a long way off
30/10/2012 at 20:14

Hi all

Tripes - good to hear you are looking at a tri, I'd love to do one.  For now I'd settle just for running. My progress is that I'm now allowed to cycle   The not so good news is that my physio is not so confident on my running in time for silverstone.  They are currently concerned since I still can't straighten my knee, if it doesn't get straight I'll have to be referred back for possible more surgery

As for my job application - they have extended the closing date to the 6th November so very much still waiting I hate waiting!

I'm loosing heart with everything at the moment, trying to stay positive but so tired it's draining me. Since I injured my knee I've had about 4 full nights sleep Sorry for being down, but just need a pick me up big style

30/10/2012 at 20:39

Sorry to hear you are so down Maam. Hopefully the knee won't need surgery.

Are you into cycling? I haven't got a clue where to start

As for the job, I know how you feel. I have actually applied for one for the first time in over 20 years and am waiting to hear. The one I was offered wasn't up to much so have to sort something else out.

30/10/2012 at 20:57
Maam sorry to hear you're down today. Hope things improve with your knee and you don't need surgery again.

I've sat through 4 interviews today - met some interesting people but sick of saying/ hearing the same things over and over. All good candidates though so still not sure who should get the job.

I talked to my super running Dad mate today and get this he ran the GSR in 58mins - that's 10m in 58mins!!! Finished 64th out of 20000.

Also talked to a lady friend about the Bedford HM and she said its well worth running so I'm going to give it some thought.

Sorry feel bad talking about running when you're feeling so bad - keep your pecker up things will get better.
30/10/2012 at 21:23

Maam!  you can cycle.  Then you'll straighten your leg, then you'll run a half marathon.....   I bought my first EVER bike at the beginning of this year - a white boardman mountain bike and i love it!!! so much fun just finding the routes you can go on a bike that are scenic!! and nostly with a nice pub serving food at the end of it!!

When you are back out running and once you've done your first race back - we'll all have a little slice of cake to celebrate with you!  its in all of our long term running goals to have you back out there!!!

Tripes and Maam - job hunting is bleuk - hope you both get something worthwhile and paying well!!!

Silver - your running mate does the ten miles the same speed as my brother.  Pah - barely worth doing it if you're only running for an hour (lol).... I could not imagine being that quick.  How must it feel??!!!

Anyway - my new thumbnail pic is of me with this years GSR medal..... 

30/10/2012 at 21:39
My bike cost 80quid all in and it's rubbish. The front wheel fell off as I cycled to the Spar - not kidding it really did - I had to carry it back in one hand while I carried the shopping in the other hand and it's bloody heavy too - solid steel (think of a tank) there's no carbon fibre on this puppy!

Anyway I reckon it's worth spending some cash if you're going to buy a bike like these ones.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/dollar-10000-bikes-whats-the-point
31/10/2012 at 10:25

Hi Guys,

Maam, hope you're feeling in better fickle today, getting to cycle is good news and as Emma says it a step in the right direction.

Stripes, hats off if you're planning a Tri, I could do one as I swim like a brick!

Silver, you got a decent resitance session in, carrying that bad boy! 

Emma, nice pic, how are the legs after the GSR?

Still no report done, I've been lazy! and a little crazy, I signed up for another race on Sunday evening, a 10 miler on the 10th of November, almost signed up for a half a week later but I managed too stopped myself.  A gentle 3 miles last night, in truth a little slower than I would have liked, but its good to give a little back to the group, planning to do some intervals this evening at the track if it's free,  

31/10/2012 at 11:24

Emma - congrats on your race time  thats brilliant  very well done

Stewart - also congrats to you  also an excellent time and well done

I had a fun packed Birthday weekend  Saturday went to the Rugby and watched Saints v Saracens  we lost  lol but great atmosphere had a kebab after haha  Sunday went to Northampton street fair and out for a meal which was great, I love the throw you upside down rides  Monday Birthday and went into town and spent money  had my make-up done and then purchased some  had a lovely meal then family round in the evening

Now all that is over I shall endeavour to get in some serious running and lose some lbs  hehe

Maam - try not to be to down  your knee needs to be proper sorted so you can get back to running  it takes time but I am sure all will come good for you.....keep your chin up

More intense club running now the dark nights are here

Silver - I fancy doing another half before xmas  I only have one raced booked before and thats a 5 mile santa run

31/10/2012 at 18:07

Hi all

I'm feeling a bit better today thanks.  Thank you for all your help and encouragement.  I know I should stay strong and keep my chin up, just sometimes is easier said than done.

Today I have got quite a lot done.  More Christmas shopping done, food shopping done, treat to myself (some nice new earings), ordered the new guest bed to be delivered in time for Christmas, loft stuff ordered for garage to create more space, fed fish, afternoon nap, letter written to seller of the apartment I bought and email to Watchdog in hope that I can claw something back and not sit on the fact that I've lost 60k Euros.  It's a long shot but I'm living in hope of it pulling through or winning the lottery. Now to chill out and hide.

Stewart - your mad on your races, but go for it, sure you'll do great.

Silver - glad you've decided on the Bedford one.

Boo/Em - you two just keep going Hope you had good birthday too, sure you've both just had or about to have one.  Boo, with you on the rides too, I did Alton Towers for my birthday

Mal - hope you are doing well xxx

Santa run - I'd love to, but slight snag, it's too far for me.  Must get Carl to get the bike sorted for me so I can get out and about. Not looking forward to it being cold, but better than nothing.  As for enjoying riding, not in the past, I'm afraid of bikes after falling off them, having broken ones, being knocked over by one.  Things might be different now, you never know.

Ok, off for dinner before feeding the fish yet again. Should bake too but that can wait until tomorrow me thinks, or will do later if get the energy.

31/10/2012 at 19:36

Happy Halloween

31/10/2012 at 21:30
Well 5 kids and 5 parents here for Halloween. The trawl round the local village was dreadful as it was windy and tipping it down with rain. Still the kids enjoyed it as they got bag fills of sweets. We came back to Chilli jacket tats, cake and red wine ( well for me and the BIL anyway) while the kids had hot dogs and watched spooky films. It's actually been a good laugh. Now I'm off to finish PDF this bottle of plonk and watch the Chelsea game finish - anyone know the Liverpool score?

Happy Halloween!!!
31/10/2012 at 21:32

Swansea 1 up

01/11/2012 at 12:46
Lost 3-1. Apparently they were pants! Great to have Jo Cole back isn't it!!!!!

Did you go Stripes?

I'm at a kids activity centre chasing the it's down slides, through ball puts and across rope swings. It's great fun but Im getting too old for it - and too tall - I've clouted my head on everything below 5feet which is just about everything in this place!
01/11/2012 at 13:02
It's should have been boys!! Not sure what happened there!
01/11/2012 at 13:45
Ha. Sounds like fun.

Didn't go last night. Money a bit tight. Listened on the Radio. Sounded awful.
01/11/2012 at 19:39

I'm making macaroons Nom nom

01/11/2012 at 20:10

Hey - Macaroons...... nom!

Just been out for a little run as 1) I didn't go out this morning as I laid in 2) I didn't go out at lunchtime and ate loads.

I ended up running at the back of the 'summer starter' group of my running club - it was a 11.5 min mile but nice to see how the new guys are doing and to remind me how far i've come (and how it doesn't take long to progress a lot).  

Home now, showered and ate a tiny tea due to my nommy lunch.  Got the ghost run tomorrow night.  I have my head torch ready!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.