Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,021 to 3,040 of 3,477 messages
26/11/2012 at 11:11

Hi all,

Congrats Stripes, inpressive mileage, I've only ran 14+ miles twice, the first time I was also totally pooped, but last week it felt a lot better than I expected.

Silver, hoping the mini cruise went well

Emma, I hate those sorts of dreams, the one I hate the most is when I'm driving and reversing the car hit the brakes but it keeps going!!! 

Sorry for the absence, been an eventful week, not much running for me last week, mainly due to picking up a calf niggle on Thursday night, I ran down to JS as a warm up (2 miles) adn we went out to field for interval session, did another half mile or so warm up and went into doing some strides, and it was on the last rep of strides I felt the calf tighten and get a little painful, so I decided then to call it a day.  Thanfully it nothing serious, I've been good and rested up, did some cross training at the gym yesterday and ran on the amt machine with no ill effects.

I'm going to test it out this evening on a flat route running at an easy pace fairly close to home just in case.

27/11/2012 at 18:06

Evening all

Hope all going well and no more dodgy dreams.  I just don't sleep so not much chance of them for me.

Silver - enjoy the cruise, should be extra fun with no kids

I've not been feeling too good so not done much.  Did some dive teaching on Saturday which wiped me out a bit, got more on Sunday, but other than that nothing.

Will catch up soon x

27/11/2012 at 22:55
Evening All. Back from France after eating way tooo much on the ship. All that free grub though - its difficult to turn down!

Anyway ran on the ships tready 2 days in a row - 7 miles total - while looking at the sea. I tried to run round the deck but it was too windy.

Also treated myself to a full body Swedish massage on board which was fantastic. Really therapeutic and very relaxing. That little Thai lady had such strong hands it was amazing! I almost fell asleep it was so relaxing - although my neck was stiff the next day.

I've clearly put on a couple of pounds so I've decided to run 3m everyday for the whole of December to lose a bit of weight and also to prepare for my next half sometime in the new year. Hope to make 90m before New Year's Day.
27/11/2012 at 23:47

Hi all,

Silver, Good on ya for getting some running in on the cruise, the massage sounds devine.

Maam, rest up you sound tired

Went out last night and did a 3 miler, calf felt tight but no sharp pains during run, afterwards it was a little tender but was fine when I woke up this morning.

Took the 5 mile group this evening average pace was just over 10mm, last two miles below 10mm and last .3 below 9mm.

Delighted with the run and no niggles at all, but I'm going to lay of the intervals for a while, as this is the second time in the last two months I've had an issue with it.  I'm planning on doing lots of strength/stretching exercises and see where I'm at after the new year.

30/11/2012 at 10:01

Hi all,

Boy it's quite in here! it will be good to hear how everyone is getting on.

On Wednesday I went out for a 90min easy run, 9.14miles in 94 mins 10:20mm, relatively flat run out by the river and round industrial estate, I also started to notice how cold it was getting, so I decided to bite the bullit and get a pair of running tights.

Thursday is Jog Scotland night, I was at the back of the 5mile group, a slow 5.2 miles in 59 mins 11:11mm, it took me over a mile to warm up, the conditions were not great, it was raining and dam cold! on the upside the tights really helped to keep the calfs warm, which I think will help keeping the niggles away

30/11/2012 at 12:21

Santa run this sunday  think I will be glad of wearing the suite to keep me warm

Have a good weekend

30/11/2012 at 19:33

Have a great weekend everyone

30/11/2012 at 19:38
Booey is that you???

Love my tights Stewart. They made running in the cold enjoyable. I wear them under my jeans now when I'm watching my boy play footie. Definately have then on tomorrow morning.

My mission to run 30 days in a row starts tomorrow and you know what I can't wait. I'll have to find time between work, kids etc. but it should be doable.

I really want to do another HM in the new year so any suggestions welcome. I was planning to run Marlow Santa Run with my boy on Sunday but he's off to Bruge with his Mum for a day and I don't think my 5yo is up to it. Maybe next year.
30/11/2012 at 19:53

Frustratingly ran 99.07 miles in November!  Will aim for 80 in December again.

I was in sweatshop today ogling the ronhill green hi viz windproof running jacket and matching hi viz green hat.....oooooh......

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wmaDOTa/exercise.png

30/11/2012 at 21:08

Well done on the miles Emma,

I eclipsed my best total, 146.58 miles, all at an easy pace.

Have run the last four days and legs felt a little tired today, if I manage the LSR on Sunday it will be five runs in a week for the first time ever. Not increased the weekly mileage, just spread them over an extra day. I wanted to try it to see how I would cope before starting a Marathon training plan.

Hope the Santa Run goes well Booey.

Have a good weekend Maam.

Glad you are back into the running after the niggle Stewart, I agree with Silver, I love the tights. If I had enough spare pairs I would wear them to the match tomorrow(under my jeans I hasten to add) Mind you after a few pints I would have terrible trouble with a half time loo visit

30/11/2012 at 22:41

Hi all,

Booey, +1 for the santa run, my OH and daughter are also doing it with me, fingers crossed for some good weather,

Emma oooh so close to the hundred miles congrats on the total great mileage for the month

Stripes awesome mileage totals you've got there, all this slowing running you've been doing will stand you in good stead.  Good luck with the marathon training when it starts, which one are you planning for your first?

Hi Maam hope you're well

I'm starting to appreciate the tights after runing last night and tonight, another slow 5 miler tonight bring my total for the monthe to 138 miles distance pb for me

30/11/2012 at 23:05

Nice one Stewart. If you hadn't had the niggle you would've beaten me

I am looking at the Marathon de la Meuse, just outside Liege. It follows the river Meuse and goes into Holland, through Maastricht and back into Belgium.

If that doesn't come off I will settle for Stratford on Avon, its only an hours drive away.

Don't want to do a big, or hilly, race as my first

If I do manage to do one and come through it unscathed and wanting to do another I will aim for Liverpool next autumn.

Do you think you will do one in the future? I wouldn't have ever thought I would be planning this when I started doing 10 minutes at 5mph on a treadmill 18 months ago!

30/11/2012 at 23:47

Tough too choose between the two events, I imagine they both have the strong points, me personally would go for one closer to home, easier for friends and family to cheer you on.

I'm seriously considering it but I'll have to build up the endurance considerably before I could even contemplate completing a marathon, there are a number of potential races but Loch Ness is the one I'm drawn too, but it's a hilly one, I'll wait until after the Inverness half in March before making a decision on it by then I'll have been running for year and the base mileage should be high enough to contempate the training required for 26 miles.

01/12/2012 at 10:09

OMG, what milage has been done last month.  You are all crazy, but great and OMG!!! That is all I can say.

I don't know when I'll be running again.  Being satisfied with diving at the moment though.  Off again tomorrow to teach some deep diving, should be great fun, Stoney Cove in a little place call Stoney Stanton between Leicester and Coventry.  Water will be about 5 degrees at depth

Need to get back on the bike, literally.  Am back doing my house exercises too now that tum has settled back down, but today is fish tank shopping, I'm after a skull

Hope you all have a fab weekend and make a great start to the December targets.  I'll settle for opening my advent calender every day, don't you just love mums

Ok, off for coffee and to sort dive kit

02/12/2012 at 11:00

Hey all! So did a medium distance run this morning of 7 miles and almost came a cropper on a frozen leaf.  However, I made it home safe!  Not sure what to do about this week though - going out at 6 in the mornings - is it a good idea?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wdHe1Rs/exercise.png

02/12/2012 at 19:17
Evening All and well fine on the mileage - just brilliant totals for November.

I started my December Runathon with a gentle 3.5m on the tready at 10.30 last night. Run no. 2 after the boys are in bed - another 3-4 miler.

I have to say when I run late at night I really struggle to get to sleep afterwards. Didn't turn in til 1 this morning and then back up at 6.15 with the boys.

Careful running in the cold and ice!
04/12/2012 at 00:54

Hi all,

hope everyone has had a cracking weekend, and everyone has made a start to there December totals.

Maam how was the diving, I'm sure the students are getting a lot out of it,

Emma, good start to the month, whatch your step out there it been a cold few days.

Silver, no chance of you slipping on the treadie I know what you mean especially after a recovery run I'm just full of energy.

So it been a weekend full off running, 7 miles on Saturday with some fellow Jog Scotties up in the hillls above Loch Ness, Abriachan forest it was a cold on up here, and we were up in the snow line, 1,400 feet up the views were spectacular but boy it was a little frosty!

Sunday was the Santa run in Inverness, which I ran with my OH and daughter, it was good to run with them, I think Jess might take some convincing to run again, but judging by the photo at the finish she looked fairly happy.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/696098/gallery/santa_run.jpg?width=350

04/12/2012 at 14:52

Oh I forgot to add Glo(my better half) is pictured just over my left shoulder, I hope now that she has run in a crowd she considers joining me at Jog Scotland.

Last night I did another six miles easy in 1hr 6 mins on a flat route.  I'm enjoying the base building phase I'm going through, this will hopefully make me stronger and able to start adding in some tempos and speedwork into the mix after the new year

04/12/2012 at 19:25

Great pic Stewart.

The diving went ok, student took ill (not dive related) so did put a bit of dampener on the day but all had great time, lots fun and 2 more deep divers in the world

05/12/2012 at 10:26

You must get a lot of satisfaction from teaching Maam.

4.6 miles is the freezing cold last night with Jog Scotland, another easy run under my belt, the roads were worse than the pavements, normally it's the other way round.  There was a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning, this will probably freeze, which makes for interesting conditions underfoot.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.