Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,081 to 3,100 of 3,477 messages
30/12/2012 at 22:36

hey everyone - last day of running for the year tomorrow.... time to get that last one in then stat time!!!! I had a quick look at mine - the hours i've spent running and the calories i've burned!  Should make an interesting read!!  still not willing to end the christmas smileys just yet...... am loving the tree too, so its staying up until next weekend (when are they meant to come down by?)

Anyone got any plans for tomorrow night?  I plan to stay in and enjoy not having to go into work new years day (though I have to work tomorrow!) Boooooo

31/12/2012 at 18:16

Final run today - 4.20 miles in the peeing down rain!!! 

111.64 miles for the month 
1018.00 miles for the year 
189 hours 
113,000 calories 

Looking forward to resetting the clock and beating these stats next year.

Happy New Year everyone

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wt7np0y/exercise.png

31/12/2012 at 21:09
Hi all,
End of year stats
8 miles for my final run of the year
180 miles for the month
1000 miles for the year(started running in feb)

Happy new year guys and gals hoping you all have an awesome 2013
01/01/2013 at 10:53

Great Running everyone and Happy New Year.

Had great night out with friends yesterday, just bit groggy after hospital but all ok.  Only issue is that they hit the nerve in my wrist putting the drip in Ouch!!!

Have great day and let the 2013 running tally start, well for all of you

01/01/2013 at 11:56
Won't be long and you will start to accumulate some miles
02/01/2013 at 10:18

Well been to the Dr and the nerve issue is temporary carpal tunnel syndrome which will take at least 2 weeks to heal, in the mean time need to keep use of hand/wrist to a minimum. Welcome to 2013!

02/01/2013 at 15:43

Hi everyone Happy New Year to you all  and hope you had a lovely Chrimbo

back to normal today for most of us I guess

I did run over Xmas but I have to say not as much as I should have because of the awful weather  even my local running route of 3.5 miles had 2 major floods of which I was unable to use unless I wanted water upto my calfs  but the runs I did manage I really enjoyed....am hoping the water is subsiding abit now

I reckon I have put on about 5lb which is just terrible  so from today I am back on it with a vengence  weight loss and high mileage solid for the next 2 months to take me upto Silverstone HM

03/01/2013 at 16:45

Good luck Booey! Im planning a HM in March eek! I actually lost a few pounds over xmas - I work really long hours usually so having time off to run during the day was fab and I made the most of it hehe! Floods sound really annoying -  theres not much you can do about that hope you get some good (not underwater!) runs in the next few days!

I did spin last night as it was really dark and blowey by the time I finished work so caught the last spin class. Sadly Im working til 2300 tonight so not much chance of a run today  Hopefully Ill make it to running club tomorrow evening woohoo!!

04/01/2013 at 06:35

*sticks head sheepishly in*
....er...hello. I'm still alive.....remember me? Er...I...er.....no excuse!

Happy new year!

04/01/2013 at 18:51

Happy New Year Mal xxx

04/01/2013 at 23:29

Helloooo Mal!!!  no need to be excused - you have a busy life!  nice to hear from you though!

Complete day off work today, so laid in until 11am.  Disgusting isn't it.... then took the xmas decs down, goodbye to the christmas tree 

Did a massive clean though and am have written out all my 2013 birthday cards and got some bits for Christmas this year, in the sales - santa fun sticker books etc for all my mates little kiddies....nothing too drastic.

May go for a run tomorrow, if not then definitely a long run on sunday.  i've ran a lot recently so having 2 days off in a row won't be a massively bad thing 

Got a small race end of this month at Broadlands estate in Romsey - its a five miler and its local - plus there's a medal at the end of it. 

ttfn x

06/01/2013 at 14:23

hey,

just took our decs down too. or should i say took some down and then said for oh to do rest. it is so hard working with only one hand, especially when left hand and im right handed  this is not getting easier

06/01/2013 at 19:07

oh Maam - you've really been in the wars recently haven't you - keep your chin up though, your wrist will mend soon and your dicky knee sounds like its definitely improving!!!

All our crimble decks are gone except the flashing led lights in the hallway  not giving up on christmas that easily....

Just come back from a 5.3 mile run with my fella on his bike for company.  Work tomorrow - booooo, why do weekends go so quickly!

06/01/2013 at 19:59

I think that we should have a 5 day weekend and 2 day week on the same pay, and of course workload adjusted acordingly

Feeling a bit like when will I be healthy, when I feel like I'm getting there something else puts a spanner in the works. Ouch, wrist hurting

06/01/2013 at 22:48
Maam, so sorry you're suffering. Em your run/ride sounds great, what a nice way to spend a weekend day.
I've been running sporadically and not enough really, starting to feel the urge to get out in the fresh air. Went for a lovely muddy walk with the children today.
Lots of adventures on here while I've been away. Hi to all the people I've not met yet.
Can't promise not to disappear again, I'm under the weather a bit lately.
07/01/2013 at 12:21

Hi everyone

Well my NY has started as I mean to go on, my first few days of Jan I have completed 22 miles  did the ressy run Saturday and actually did a lap and a half (nearly 10 miles) I struggled abit towards the end but it has been a while since I did a 10 miler.  Just need to shift some pounds and then onwards and upwards to Silverstone  got a few smaller races before then

While I think, here is the code for £10 off at Sweatshop until 11th Jan TGHJNY, I have stocked up on my runners and purchased a pair of Asics already in the sale and got them for £36 whey hey  well worth using if you need something

07/01/2013 at 19:02

Hey all

Boo - great milage! Fab start to the year.

Mal - good to see you back, hope you feel better soon, know how tough always feeling down.

Knee update - physio happy with me, muscles finally starting to work. Need strengthening but I'm allowed back on my cross trainer (as long as I don't do too much)   Don't think Silverstone is going to be an option, I don't want to rush this, I want to get it right so can keep running.  Now just to get wrist sorted and all will be good again, oh and rid of the runny nose but guess just that time of year. Here is to a good 2013

09/01/2013 at 09:37

Club run last night, 5 miles  its all going good  could be on for record mileage this month for me  might even get over the 100 who knows

09/01/2013 at 10:16

Go for it Boo - Sounds like a good target to aim for to me. 

I'm going to get on the cross trainer today and try to start the weight loss again, put on a few pounds over Christmas and need to get it all gone ready for holidays.

09/01/2013 at 19:06

OK, cross trainer didn't happen, danish pastry did instead  guess diet will have to wait until tomorrow.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

I'm watching Les Mis, looking forward to the cinema next week, tisues at the ready!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.