Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,101 to 3,120 of 3,475 messages
09/01/2013 at 21:41

tried to sign up for silverstone today but missed the boat. gutted

10/01/2013 at 14:53

Em - I had an email the other day to say only 7 weeks to go and that Silverstone was full, I just presumed you had already entered

Maam - any cross training today  I went to see Les Mis on stage and loved it, hopefully get to see it at the cinema

Club running tonight hopefully

10/01/2013 at 16:18

sadly not - as I started new job last august i've been away on lots of training courses - I have a 2 week intensive course (grad school) which may have landed either side of silverstone - instead now, it finishes just before so all excited I went online to book it yesterday.

Keep your ears open, in case anyone you know can't make it......

10/01/2013 at 19:25

Em - if you can just swap places you can have mine, no way I'll be ready in time.  If you want me to ring them and transfer to your name

Only just in from work and not feeling great so no cross trainer for me

Tired and down, need to pick up!

11/01/2013 at 13:42

oh MAAM!!!! that'd be great.  I'll transfer you the money immediately if they can do it?

11/01/2013 at 19:11

can you message me your name, number, email, address - just thinking details they will want

11/01/2013 at 23:15
Evening All

Still here and looking in from time to time. Sadly my ruining has been poor over Christmas and strangely I seem to have put on a couple of pounds mostly due to mince pies I think.

Good news is I did 3 miles on tready tonight and as of Monday I've been caffeine and diary free. I've spent most of the week with a splitting headache as a result but now it's happy days and I'm focused alert and sleeping like a baby!

Anyway looking for another half in a couple if months so any suggestions welcome. Maybe we can finally meet up and have a run together this year. At the moment I've got London 10k, Reading and Oxford on the radar. Bit more training needed beforehand though!
12/01/2013 at 00:49
Aw, lovely thing to do Maam.
Hi Booey , Em and Silver.
How's everyone doing?
12/01/2013 at 11:16

Silver, well done on getting back on the tready, always good to get back on the wagon so to speak. I too am caffine and dairy free, it does help, but can be tough when you are pulling long days.  Just be careful if you do have caffine as it can give you shakes and heart tremmers if have too much once body not used to having it

Mal - good to hear from you

I've been out delivering Avon catalogues this morning, decided to try and do something different, got heap job apps in again so fingers crossed something comes this time.

I'm just having a decaf brew then going to do some exercises, need to lose the pounds loaded over Christmas, but now the house is Christmas free it might just be possible to get back on track.

Love the idea of us all running together, even if a little one, will have to be later in the year for me.  Where is a central place to us all? I'm in Ellesmere Port (near Chester).

Have a great weekend everyone xxx

12/01/2013 at 16:01

I've been on the cross trainer!!!! Only managed a minute or so but at least it is a start.  Did a bit on floor bike and knee exercises and sit ups I'm coming back!

12/01/2013 at 21:14

Well done Maam.

13/01/2013 at 14:09

Thanks Mal, feels good to be doing something again, did more sit ups this morning, and not forgetting the housework

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

How is Tripes, not heard from him in a while???

13/01/2013 at 15:53
Well done maam, good to here you're on the way back,
Silver, glad your back on the training, I couldn't survive without my cuppa
Emma, good running keep up the good work,

I'm still plodding along, getting the miles in the bank, 44 miles last week, just back from my long run, 14 miles and I ran part of the HM route.
14/01/2013 at 11:07

Mileage is still going well, plenty of running being done  problem is I dont seem to be losing weight  oh well all in good time I guess

Snowing heavy here at the minute (Northampton)   I hate it

Maam - keep up the good work, you will get there

15/01/2013 at 19:11

Em - sorry but can't transfer the place to you seems a bit mean given they have my money and I don't get a refund. Oh well, next year

16/01/2013 at 11:03

Maam - just send Em the number etc when you get it, all that happens is she runs under your name, loads of people do it

Club run last night in the cold and ice, managed just under 5 miles without falling  it was very trecherous in places I have to say  loved it though  love running in the freezing cold

16/01/2013 at 15:30

Boo - too late for that, we tried to do it above board so they have stopped the pack being issued to me but won't transfer the place

Well done getting out in the cold x

17/01/2013 at 16:03

Maam - ummmm if you paid for it you should still ask them to send it to you

No girlies going club run tonight so I think rather than risk the icy pavements of the village it will have to be the dready tready

snow flurries here at the mo and loads forecast for tomorrow

18/01/2013 at 16:25

hey hey - so i will be running at silverstone but I had to do the charity place - a bit of a shame as i plan on doing a marathon next couple of years and hate to keep asking people for their hard earned cash.

However, i will be running.

Maam thanks so much for trying.  I think next time I wouldn't bother doing things above board - the money grabbing, lazy administrating adidas marathon staff!  I mean really - there was plenty of time for them to transfer a place, then when I said about me registering for a place in the knowledge that Maam could not run they simply said that they over book people to run their events anyway, as they know people will drop out.  So they're just a money making machine!! so disappointing.

shameful organisers!!!!

However, we shall move on!  snow like crazy here and we always get it last of the country!  No run today but did a 4 mile walk in my snow boots instead 

23/01/2013 at 11:38

This snow has proper messed up my running and record breaking mileage  I am having to use the treadmill all the time and as you know I am not keen  I actually did nearly 6 miles on it on friday which is a record tready run for me  I cant see any let up either until the weekend when its suppose to rain  no running club either as its been way to icy  I may still be able to break my best mileage ever month of 81 but getting to the 100 now is prob not likely  maybe February will be kind to me

Hope you are all coping well with the snow, I have to say the weekend was awesome, Me, OH and Mother were all sledging, I loved it and felt like a kid again

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.