Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,161 to 3,180 of 3,476 messages
02/03/2013 at 20:42

Hey Booey - Great!!!  I'll hang about to the left of the track (by the fence) as close as poss to the lollipop.... i'll be in my red British Heart Foundation vest and you'll poss recognise me as I have a spot on my forehead and a few tattoos on my arms!!! x  will keep an eye out for 930!! xx

02/03/2013 at 20:44

oh and Stripes - welcome back.. you love running, just go and see the docs and see what they say.  it could be really easily dealt with and if its not going away anyway, then at least you could be given options!!  go on........ get it checked out!!

Maam - great news - breakthrough on the exercise front!!! keep it up - I can't wait for the day you've gone out and trotted a few miles around the block again xx

Excited about tomorrow now.  I've had my pasta tonight, my sisters just donated £50 towards my run so i'm almost at my target and i've got some nice food for a packed lunch after i've done the 13.1 miles and created a few more blisters for my sad feet.... xx

03/03/2013 at 10:09

Thinking of you ladies, run well and enjoy it, Em I'll give you £5 sorry not much but at least something.

My OH has set the bike up in the garage as an exercise bike so I don't have to pound the streets on it, try to build my confidence/cardio before I go out on the streets again, plus won't have to hold on so much if wrist hurts.

03/03/2013 at 13:29

How is the running going? Hope it isn't too hot for you, the sun is out here! Big Cheers from me

03/03/2013 at 15:18

I know it isn't a HM, but today I have done 15mins on the bike (thanks to OH setting up as stationary bike in garage), plus knee strengthening exercises and sit ups. Feels a bit like a road to recovery and getting there

Also applied for yet another job today, with acknowledgement from the hiring manager - on a Sunday!!!

Can't wait to hear the Silverstone results

03/03/2013 at 17:22

Hey hey - Maam - so good that you're able to do more and more exercise!  It's really a positive step in the right direction!!!

Silverstone went great this year.  My only mistake was possibly going too slow - last year started out too quick.  My time 2:14:27 seconds.  18 minutes quicker than last year (lol).  So I stuck with 10 min miles to play it safe as its a strange distance for me and had enough for a sprint finish (lol) and no need to stop and walk any of it.

Such a good race - really enjoyed it, must push myself next time though!.

Hung around the barrier near the 10 min mile lollipop at the start but didn't see Booey  

How did it go Booey?? x

03/03/2013 at 18:14
Oh Em I can't believe we missed each other, I didn't see any minute mile lolipops just one with finish of 1.45 and the 2.30 so I put myself in the middle but walked up and down looking for a while.
I can't believe how close we were, I was about a minute behind you 2.15.39 I am also well chuffed as I too didn't walk at any point the weather was spot on and I enjoyed it much more this year the last 3 miles were a drag and my legs were saying "had enough" lol but a good race and mum and OH were there supporting me a good day got out reasonably easy aswell gutted that I didn't find you
03/03/2013 at 18:21

i know - such a shame we were 'so close'...... still - next year (lol) with Maam, we'll be the three musketeers (well, there may be more of us - silver / stripes........??)

Well done on your time!  we both completely smashed our times from last year! can't complain about that - and especially seeing as you've not been out running much lately because of the dog! you did amazing!!!  you must be so proud!

03/03/2013 at 19:49

Well done both of you, so very proud and happy and very much loving the idea for next year, just fear I'll be far to slow to run with you  but at least should be there to enjoy it.

xxx

03/03/2013 at 20:45

Well done both!

04/03/2013 at 17:16

I'm here to report that I'm feeling very happy and upbeat and full of good news. The hospital have told me today that not only can I wear heals again, but they are happy for me to run again!!!  Only condition I judge how I am by the pain I feel, but hey I'll take that for good news, now just to get my physio to agree then I'm back pounding the streets

04/03/2013 at 19:29

To celebrate I have been cycling again Only 10 minutes as don't want to overdo it and I can feel myself about to go mad for exercise, but need to put rains on me to hold me back, I've got months of non running to make up for!!! Big Desire to train

04/03/2013 at 19:37
That's great news maam well plsd for you

Had a day off today lovely day round the fields with the dog but I have say I do ache haha
04/03/2013 at 19:37

fab news Maam!!!!

04/03/2013 at 19:50

Booey - the pics are up lol!!!!

04/03/2013 at 20:17

Thanks, I am well happy, will be happier once I've been out to see how much I can't run anymore  before going out though I will aim to improve cardio on the bike and speak to my physio to see what he says as at the end of the day they are the experts, but at least I'm allowed to try, big challenge will be holding myself back and listening to my body so I don't over do it.

Do we get a link to the pics??? Really hopeful for next year, decided will get tatoo on my foot, after all it represents my running

04/03/2013 at 21:20

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/663370/gallery/runnersworldsilverstonepic.jpg?width=350

04/03/2013 at 21:21

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/663370/gallery/runnerworldsilverstonepic2.jpg?width=350

04/03/2013 at 21:22

Here are two that my fella took - the actual marathon foto ones I look dead miserable and....well, dead!! terrible pics - but because I saw Rus, he made me smile - a much better piccy!!

05/03/2013 at 18:50

Looking good Em - great pics xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.