Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,261 to 3,280 of 3,477 messages
01/04/2013 at 13:46

I'd upload some pics from the weekend if this website would ever let me.  They are on facebook if interested, I'm Angela Dawn Best.

Hope everyone is having a great easter x

01/04/2013 at 14:04

HI all

not been getting the notifications again and remembered about the site this morning and what do I find - stripes is back and stewart...... the wanderers return!  Silvers been for loads of runs and mentioned twitter AND MFP (of which i'm on both) and we have a couple of new faces too !!!  

A lot has happened huh!  So first of April.  Going to aim for 100 miles again this month. Only just managed 100 in March (101.20 to be precise) and I need to find a short race for April.  I have booked Marwell 10k in May which is a bit hilly and running past the animals but should be nice.  I can stay in the zoo afterwards (but could be me smelling as bad as the hippos?!!)

Hope you're all having a nice bank holiday weekend.  Silver - funny you should say about poo stories.... actually, i'll save that for another day

04/04/2013 at 15:26

Hi Peoples hope your all ok

I have managed a couple of runs in the last week so hopefully getting back into things since Silverstone

I have some news - we are looking at a dog this weekend  she is a springer and I cant wait - lets hope she is suitable  we have been reluctant to look to hard because we are going on holiday for a week end of the month but these people are willing to wait and keep her till after if we are all suitable which is nice of them  keep your fingers crossed for us, we are so excited.  We also are looking after Meg, friends springer, the following weekend so we may introduce them

I could have a four legged running buddy soon  yippeeeee

04/04/2013 at 16:18

aaaah - that would be so lovely!!! fingers crossed!  I'd love a dog to run with.  I'm particularly taken by the italian greyhounds (but quite fragile and smelly mouth) and whippet (with labrador if possible like my old dog)   keep us posted and keep up with the running x

04/04/2013 at 20:38
Hi Peeps! Well my running is really coming on again. It's just tready stuff (not real running then Booey!?!) but I've been on there every night for last week and I'm now back at 7mph for half an hour, which, take it from me is knackering!

I'm getting that sense of achievement again though after completing each session and I haven't felt that for ages. I've also dropped about 5 pounds in a week with the help of my diet app. And as for Easter I have seriously resisted everything which for a man with a sweet tooth has been a serious challenge.

I've been off work this week minding the boys while Mrs S works. We yavent done too much as Junior has been sick but we've got outside a bit despite the cold. I took minor on a bus today as my car was being serviced. It was only his second time and he loved it. You can't beat the front seats on a double decker can you.

Anyway I'm off for another run in the garage so wish me luck.

Booey - the dogs sound fantastic - I love the idea of one myself but I'm just not home enough to look after it and Mrs S would only walk it if she could hold the lead through the car window while she's driving.

Emma - one word for you POO? (Note the question mark)

Maam - your not related to George are you?
04/04/2013 at 20:52
Oh sorry Happy Paulo - I did look at your website which, I must say, is very nicely done! but I forgot to reply with inspiration for an article. We all got started on here as we were over 40s so maybe you could write about why running has become so popular in this age group over recent years. I have a few theories myself these being 1. It's cheaper than the gym membership. 2. You can fit it round a young family and 3. It's a realistic alternative to getting divorced! Haha! That's a joke by the way.
04/04/2013 at 21:03
Emma can we follow you on Twitter? I've had an account for ages but never really tweeted anything! Do you tweet anything interesting? Haha! Only joking again!
04/04/2013 at 21:55

lol - i'm @run_twinkle_run  and yes, i basically follow lots of other runners..... its quite good actually 

Poo - yes, twice within last month I've had to stop and practically hobble home due to urgent toilet requirements..... the last time I had to literally throw keys and ipod on the floor to get there in time.... but that's not as bad as the time I actually had to go, on the golf course (ha ha) I hope that it could've passed as a doggie one..... not fun. but funny now!!!

I took a photo and sent it as a message to my brother - completely grossed him out.  

04/04/2013 at 22:09
Now that is gross - and I was just settling down to sausage casserole too!

Didn't want to appear stalky re the twitter - just thought it may be interesting to see what you've posted. I only ever read other people's posts so mines well boring. I'm Windy Tonite - no I haven't got the farts that's my twitter name!
04/04/2013 at 22:33

can't see you - are you @windytonite or are you putting other characters in your name?  and don't worry about stalkerish!  twitter is open for the world to see

05/04/2013 at 10:13
I've followed you Em so you should be able to see me. I am @windytonite I think. Ill tweet you something now.
05/04/2013 at 11:58

I had to go behind a barn for a poo once  whilst out running, its the only time its happened thank god but I had to go or else I really would have pooped myself  luckily I always carry tissue  had many experiences where I have had to go straight to the toilet when through the door at home

Have a great weekend everyone, we are off to Moggerhanger Park Hotel tonight with friends

05/04/2013 at 14:07
You lot are making me lol with your poo stories!

Em I made a right balls up of the tweeting and sent you a message for my office twitter account by mistake. I've sent another from my own but god only knows if its reached you?!? I'm well confused and should have stayed away from all social networking apps - aren't you in computers - can you help . Either way let me know if you've received anything?

Oh and no more poo stories please!
05/04/2013 at 14:19

lol - have a great weekend booey! keep us posted with the doggie news.

silver - I got your tweet from your work twitter.  Do you'tweet' from your phone or from your PC? 

If you tweet from your phone, if you click on 'ME' with the head icon at the bottom right of your screen, there should be your page showing.... halfway down there's an icon with a wheel (settings) and then two heads.  If you press the 'two heads' icon, then if you set it up - you should see all the twitter accounts you are running? 

If not, don't worry - i'll just refer to poo stories on your work twitter

07/04/2013 at 13:47

Hi all,

Silver - not related to George, not for a lack of being asked though lol

Still not been out running, trying to shake off a cold, it has even stopped me diving.  My kettlebell has arrived last week and I really want to use it, but just not felt able to breath enough with this cold Thinking of having a go this afternoon, just want the washing to finish first so I can hang it up and not get distracted with the sound of whirling

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend, oh, I'm joining Chester Zoo too Can't wait, will be able to get the camera out I got for my birthday and see what I can do.

On a sad note though my triggerfish died this week from stress  very sad, my OH has buried him for me, I can't look at him without getting too upset, I miss him heaps!

Em - keep the poo going, I too carry tissue just in case as with my colitis I don't always get so much notice so bushes can be very handy

Have a great weekend everyone, if I'm not on often don't fret just my internet is a bit iffy at the moment.

07/04/2013 at 14:54

Kettleblast workout done! Ouch!!!

08/04/2013 at 15:48

Yippeeeeeeeee we are having Poppy  she is a springer spaniel nearly 4 years old and very sweet  went to see her and went out walking with us all and she is good off lead and to command, needs work on lead and jumping up but I can soon sort that  we are going to go and see her a few times before we get her as they are willing to keep her till after our hols so end of month should get her.  They are only rehoming her as their 18month old daughter has become allergic to her fur  which is rather sad

We have Meg, our friends springer again this weekend, so going to introduce them and see how they get on

So excited

09/04/2013 at 00:47

Booey, exciting news about Poppy. Hope she settles in well. 

I have done no exercise and eaten too much for ages and now am a beached whale with a baby bump. Starting my wussy stretchy class on Wednesday which hopefully will remind me why I want to be slim and not a huge fatty!

11/04/2013 at 15:25

Echo???

12/04/2013 at 22:03
I hear you Mal! You beached whale you!

How's the pregnancy going? Are you over the morning sickness phase yet? When's the bubba due?

I'm running again yey and losing weight like nobody's business (sorry not what you want to hear if you feel like a beached whale!). Maybe you should consider a marathon - it's never too late you know.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.