Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,321 to 3,340 of 3,476 messages
02/05/2013 at 17:55

Hello ladies,

my last night in edinburgh and loving it so much that the night I had booked here with OH for July has been extended to 2 nights, yipee, it is so nice, but also the office is refreshing, great people and actually been enjoying work! So long since I've been able to say that.

Mal - sorry for thinking nearly there, never had kids so don't get it all really. But sure you are loving it, those that love kids love all of it from what I hear, just not for me

Em - good luck with the Ballot, can't believe you are going to join the mara club! Good for you.

I went into a running shop yesterday to discuss best tactic for getting back into running and planning a little run at the weekend, if can fit in among festival, social and diving

Last night here so heading to Hard Rock Cafe again, but do I pig out on the haggis burger???

02/05/2013 at 19:50

Don't be sorry, I don't like pregnancy much but I do like lovely, well behaved children after...just got to find some!

Really good to hear work has been enjoyable and that you've enjoyed your time there so much. Not  too long to wait for July.

Hope you're able to squeeze a little run in at the weekend around your million other activities!

02/05/2013 at 21:16

Never had haggis - doubt I ever will.  I'm quite stuck in my ways with food..... Enjoy your last night Maam!  Why the sad face - do you want to have babies one day?

Mal - i'm sure you'll find some time to run again, it may be when the kids are older but that's when a lot of women go running. They also say something about child birth enabling women to become better runners,....so with your brood, you could be up there with Paula in a few years time!! 

Love dogs so much.  I like dogs more than humans...... lol

03/05/2013 at 18:54

I'm back home now and missing Edinburgh already, but can't complain as at a Rock festival tomorrow. 

Don't want human kids, got my own babies, some beautiful fish    The sad face is I sometimes wonder if I'm a true female since that kids part of me is totally missing, I can't imagine anything worse than having a kid, having to give my life and bank balance over, I'd rather have me, my OH and the fish

04/05/2013 at 21:44

I think you are every bit a true female without needing to have children, it doesn't make you any less a woman (just better rested with more hobbies and with a nicer house!)

I felt really awful just wondering around a fair today with my family, I held it together until my Mum went to her car then stumbled all the way back to ours, I'm starting to worry about the heart defect causing problems again.

Have you all got bank holiday plans?

05/05/2013 at 09:30

Mal - you mustn't soldier on if you're feeling awful!  you're too important to be unwell!  You should get yourself checked out xxxxx

Maam - don't worry, i'm also missing that gene. Mines not fish though, i'd love a dog!!!!

Speaking of Dogs.... when's Booey back - she picks up her doggie doesnt she, when she's back!

The men in hiding?  don't worry guys, we've stopped talking babies for the time being....

05/05/2013 at 10:08

Mal - I agree with Em, get yourself checked out, you need to put you first (and the baby) but you know what I mean xxx

Boo should be back soon but probably too busy with new dog to show us pics etc

Don't know where the men are but agree they are missing!

Not running today as I was on my feet pretty much all day yesterday being at the festival. Was a good day but didn't enjoy last couple bands, one coz there was so much pushing and shoving going on could hardly stand up, as result bit sore today and I'm diving tomorrow so best to rest a bit. Try on Wednesday instead but do need to get back out there.

Hope everyone had a great Star Wars Day, and is having a lovely weekend

06/05/2013 at 01:05

Er...Sorry about the baby talk guys, stopped now!!

08/05/2013 at 08:35

Morning Ladies!  Seems the men have all dissappeared fron this forum So Im here to redress the balance!

Mal - love your comments about the kids. If I was kid free I'd have money, time, patience and inner peace and not just Chaos! still got to love them haven't you!

I've had a manic weekend which started with a 5k Parkrun in Wycombe on Sat morning - got round but it was a struggle  Then I spent Sun and Mon running after my 5yo at the local car park as he learned to ride his bike. He did it too by Mon afternoon he was off on his own leaving me absolutely knackered with a bad back.  also spent all of Sun pm at a footie tournament. 

so a busy one topped off with a run at lunchtime yesterday in the sun and loved it. Only 3k or so but it was great! 

08/05/2013 at 10:08

Welcome back Silver, good to hear from you, I hope your back isn't giving you too much grief though.

My run today is on hold, woke up and can only just breath! Full of cold again, so not fair

08/05/2013 at 17:02

Hi Silver, nice to hear I didn't scare everyone off! Hope your back isn't too bad, are you undergoing any treatment for it?

I watched a women running in the sunshine today while I was driving and felt jealous, I momentarily thought about going for a run myself then remembered why I'm not. I blame the lady running, she somehow looked really fresh and radiant with that healthy glow some lucky other people get when they exercise (I'm in the tomato face camp myself!)

08/05/2013 at 17:03

Oh Maam, hope the cold is better soon.

08/05/2013 at 17:44

dont you hate those fresh faced individuals I'm in the old man close to a cardiac arrest camp myself. 

08/05/2013 at 22:28

i'm tomato faced, face collapsed in a pained cringe, even though i'm not necessarily hurting camp.  Not a good looking runner (hence the 6am preferred start time!!)

Mal - you can chuck as many baby comments in as you like.....I think from one person is ok - especially a pregnant lady (its your right)

09/05/2013 at 21:25

Face collapsed in a pained cringe! - I can't even imagine how that would look Em - for some reason I'm thinking of The Elephant Man? - I can see why you run at 6am now You don't want to scare the children do you? Haha!

09/05/2013 at 21:30

Oh forgot to mention I ran at lunchtime again today. Just 3.2k but that wind in my face made it feel like 5k. Still time is vastly improving and fitness levels going up at last. Oh and Im loving it too, the countryside, the solitude, the smell of fertiliser - fantastic! 

10/05/2013 at 11:06

Hello I am here lol and yes your right the Poppy dog has taken over my life

Had a fantastic week in Spain with OH's folks, they recently moved back there from France.  Weather was pretty decent and came back with a half decent tan

So, on to the important new doggie in my life  we have had Poppy exactly a week now and she has settled very very well.  First night a couple of grumbles and that was it, we had the first four days at home with her so the test was this week going back to work, she has been so good bless her.  We have got her into a routine which dogs need to keep them happy  week days I am up at 6 and across the fields with her then OH home at 2 and another big fields walk.  I dont think she was getting very much exercise with her previous owners so I am sensing she is very happy with us, which is great cuz its a big worry when taking on a 4 year old you dont know.

Naturally running has taken a back seat at the moment although I managed a quick 3.5 miles last sunday  we are working on her heel on the lead at the moment on a slip lead as before she was on one of those god awful extender leads grrrr they should be banned

Am planning on incorporating my running with her in the morning over the next couple of weeks.  It will be all fields/trail running and am sure it will be alittle stop/start running but thats cool with me as am desperate to keep my running up some how

I can third the child bearing issue  never ever wanted kids, and like you Em dogs are so much nicer than humans haha Poppy and I have many a heart to heart whilst out walking

Hope your all good and I will drop in when I can  and post a pic as soon as I can of Poppy

10/05/2013 at 22:05

ahe sounds lively Boo - Can't wait to see her. 

11/05/2013 at 21:57

Poppy sounds brilliant, can't wait to see the photographs. Running with her should be lots of fun, my twin has been working on training my parents Dalmatian to go running, they both seem to really enjoy it.

13/05/2013 at 12:39

Hey all

I have my new fish, 3 skunk clownfish My OH has also bought me Les Mis to cheer me up as I'm still off work with chest infection, if no better back to Dr tomorrow

Boo - hope the dog is going well for you x

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.