Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

3,381 to 3,400 of 3,477 messages
12/06/2013 at 21:42

YAY MAAM! I'll cheerlead carefully from the sidelines.

13/06/2013 at 18:56

Will be needed as family won't be about to support

18/06/2013 at 23:13

Sorry to hear it, will bring two extra cheeky cheerleaders and paint a "Well done Maam" message on bump too!

25/06/2013 at 20:57

Sounds good Mal, feeling happier so far with running too.  Feel stronger every time I go out

03/07/2013 at 12:03

5k run in 36 minutes today, that's 2 minutes quicker than last 5k! I'm feeling very happy but knacked as a result, but to help kickstart the new body I've done some crunches too!!!

I hope that everyone is having a good time

03/07/2013 at 15:39

Hi Maam glad your doing well  you deserve it after the 12 months you have had.  I have the R4L in a couple of weeks so i really do need to pull my finger out and do abit of practice  I spend all my time out walking Poppy.  Work have accepted my working part-time so my hours change hopefully from beginning of August so I do permanent 8-3 every day, this is when hopefully I plan on a routine of getting back to proper running with the extra time i have  plus I am starting to feel fat haha

03/07/2013 at 15:41

How are you Mal? how long now?  how exciting

I know we all speak on twitter now but sometimes you just cant write what you want to say because it doesnt allow the room  hence popping on here to see who is about

Had a great time in Bude camping last week, Poppy loved it

12/07/2013 at 22:50

Glad you had a lovely time camping with your cute little Poppy Booey, how lovely to be able to get more running time in. 

Maam that's great, sounds like you are going from strength to strength, you deserve it.

34 weeks pregnant now but my midwife said I'm in slow early labour which is exciting and not all at the same time. It can go on for weeks apparently! Ouch! I am really looking forward to the baby being born but panicking a bit about looking after three children.

Can't wait to be able to go running and once the baby is here and I've recovered I'll be starting operation get my body back, I fear it will be quite a challenge!

Where is everyone? What are you all up to?

23/07/2013 at 23:34

Hello All - just popped on to see who's still about. I have to say its nice to be able to write more than just a few words!  I have a friend at work who's in need of some moral support and encouragement as she's training for Abingdon Mara in October. if I suggested this forum do you think there would be enough of us here to reply? Can't think of anything better and Twitter is so restrictive (but a lot more instant!)

i know I wouldn't have done half of the running I did /do without you lot encouraging me!

24/07/2013 at 08:58

Totally agree Silver its not as easy to talk on twitter with the space limit, but then we all seem to not bother coming on here now  I do pop in to have a look now and again and yes tell your friend to have a look on here  I will look out for them and give some moral support  Like you, when I started out I really couldnt have done without this forum and the people that gave me advice and supported me

Storms all cleared here now and its beautiful again  long may it continue as far as I am concerned, I love it

Looking forward to starting my new hours at work from 1st Aug, 8-3  and I will be back to running yippeeee

24/07/2013 at 10:47

Silvertop!  You said Stripes had been on here and we'd been neglecting him!  where IS he!!

Must go - i've almost used my 140 characters....

24/07/2013 at 11:49

Shame we have lost stripes, maybe he is on twitter, along with Stewart

24/07/2013 at 20:56

Stripes? You still out there? 

24/07/2013 at 21:56

Ok dilemma time - I entered Mo's 10k run in August but haven't raised any sponsor money (need min 75 quid) and haven't run more than 5k for weeks!  Do I pull out now or give it a go and pay the money myself?  #icantstandaskingforsponsorship! oops wrong web-site! 

Answers on a postcard please - either twitter or RW Forum. 

24/07/2013 at 23:45

Be brave, ask for sponsorship at work, from friends, relatives, on twitter and FB if you have it then go run - might want to make it either late at night or early to avoid the worst of the heat. You can do it!!!! #bebraveforcharity I'll be labouring and giving birth in the August heat so no excuses allowed for not running it!

25/07/2013 at 11:59

Lol Mal when you compare a 10k to giving birth I realise I shouldn't complain there are clearly more difficult things in life! 

im going to tap my wife's extensive family for the money as the people at work are the tightest I have ever known - particularly one few bit that's another story. 

If my 4 SILs and 1 BIL give a tenner each and then the wife sticks her hand in her pocket that'll be £60 right there. I can raid the kids piggy banks the rest!

And when it's really hurting half way round Ill think of you in the throws of labour for inspiration! Haha! #itsgonnahurt 

Edited: 25/07/2013 at 12:00
25/07/2013 at 14:52

Ha ha ha! Impressed I've shamed you into it!

25/07/2013 at 14:52

What's the date of the run? I'll cheer you on virtually.

25/07/2013 at 15:31

11th August. What's your due date?  No excuse for not cheering me on even if your in labour! 

25/07/2013 at 19:01

Well 1 text to 6 relies and Ive got 70 quid so I reckon that's a done deal. I better get done longer runs in or Ill be walking the last 2 miles And infront of Mo that will be embarrassing. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.