Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

381 to 400 of 3,476 messages
08/11/2011 at 11:21

Oh!  It seems I accidently hit the ‘ignore member’ button. 

Sorry Sabbie don’t hold it against me.

08/11/2011 at 12:04

Ha ha, I reckon all the Tattoo talk has scrambled your brain Silver

Booey, I was worried that the race on Sunday would be rather serious as it was the annual race of a running club but it turned out fine. Maybe there were less 'fun runners' than the first one I did but everyone was very friendly and it was really well organised and marshalled. Only difference was this time I finished nearer last than first

Am trying to find a race to aim for in January that would be my last prep for the HM on February 19th but am struggling. Was considering the 'Stourbridge Stagger' a 10 mile race that is less than an hour away from me, until I discovered that it included climbing over several stiles

08/11/2011 at 12:09

Just checked out that race Silver, you ought to go for it if you can. Sounds perfect.

I know I am childish but I love the name 'Herberts Hole' . I gather its the name of a valley?

On Sunday I ran along 'Butt Hole Lane' and am still giggling about it now

08/11/2011 at 12:14

Stripes maybe that's partly my problem, being scared of being last   all the races I have done so far have been charity organised or similar and I have always seemed to stay more or less in the middle of the pack  

One of the chaps who runs the running club came in last once  he said your not a true runner until you experience coming last  that made me feel better haha

08/11/2011 at 12:19

Butt Hole Lane hahahahahah thats well funny

08/11/2011 at 12:36

Butt Hole Lane  - that’s a classic Stripes.

I have to say in this part of the world everything is ‘bottom this’ or ‘hole that’.

I’ve just looked again it seems to be a bit of a grueller – no level paths apparently all up and downhill.  We train in the Lowndes Park at the beginning and I know that’s a real slope and a drag out of the town.

I agree with Boo on the quality of runners – I don’t mind coming down the field but I wouldn’t want to come last especially when I run with these guys every week.

08/11/2011 at 12:52

I must admit I am scared of being last as well but I checked out results from previous years races and was hopeful I wouldn't be

There were lots of older runners in Sunday's race who would no doubt have spanked me in their prime but are maybe not as quick as they were!

08/11/2011 at 14:36
Guys - go and read the post.....Even with all the training....in this forum......its f*cking hilarious hahaha
08/11/2011 at 14:37
You need to read it all from the beginning, page 1 haha
08/11/2011 at 14:39
Which post Boo?
08/11/2011 at 14:44
You need to read above I have said
08/11/2011 at 14:45
Even with all the training....
08/11/2011 at 14:52
That is one bizarre thread
08/11/2011 at 15:23
Hi silver, stripes and booey
Glad I'm still here! actually silver, I'm always on my phone surfing an it's well easy to ignore someone on this forum so ur forgiven

Stripes I remember now Exeter had a game with Liverpool, lad was gutted cos he couldn't get a ticket bless!! And yeah Haldon hill kills many cars.. I had an old vw beetle once and tried to avoid going up the hill at all costs Unfortunatly there seems to be an abundance of hills round here so no getting away from them running!

Uv all got club runs tonight and I'm being slack an missing mine! Was toying with the idea of going early b4 work tomorrow but I think I'll more than likely stay in bed an justify it with club run thurs which will be long for me
08/11/2011 at 15:25
Haven't got time to read the whole thing now but the first page sounds a lot like the last page!

Have we been going round in circles for the passed 6 weeks and 400 posts then?
08/11/2011 at 15:54

Silver, its only a short thread. In the beginners section. Started by someone called Ghostrider.

Sabbie, I think the hills help your training. Thats what I tell myself anyway when I'm struggling up the one by ours

08/11/2011 at 16:07
That's v funny. Lol. Let's hope the flu guy doesn't come near this thread!

Hi Sabbie - glad you are back. I think in all that tat talk I managed to blacklist you and strangely all your posts disappeared.

Its wet and cold outside but I can't wait for club run tonight. Have a good one Boo and Stripes. I'll be thinking about you while I'm climbing another blinking hill in Chesham!
08/11/2011 at 16:40

lol have just posted on that thread

Yep same to you both enjoy your club runs, am looking forward to it even though the weather is naff

08/11/2011 at 17:31

Enjoy your club runs Silver and Booey, am gonna go despite the nasty weather and achy legs!

08/11/2011 at 20:57

Didn't go out tonight, have no idea where I went or how far yesterday, I will attempt to recreate it on a map but not convinced it'll be very accurate. Debating whether to keep going with the killer exercise class on Wednesdays or not, I really dread it all week but enjoy it when I go.

Had a lovely afternoon today and my Big Girl was truly delightful, Mr Mal was very helpful tonight too. All cheerful in our house.

How did you all get on with your running this evening?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.