Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

541 to 560 of 3,477 messages
17/11/2011 at 19:17
lol pork chops, mash and roasted veg! was nom nom nom!
Run go good Booey?
17/11/2011 at 20:16
Lol at nom nom nom Sabbie! I had the kids leftovers!

Now watching Lady GaGa with a glass of red - guilt free after today's run too.

Hope you are feeling a bit better
17/11/2011 at 21:05
Loads better now Thankyou Dosed up on allsorts Guess that means back to work tomorrow (hopefully the sneezing will have eased off hahaha)
Reckon I shall put this wk down to a rest wk rofl
U watching the children in need concert then? Just put it on now..
17/11/2011 at 21:23
Yep. Kids fast asleep, wife out for night and I'm watching Elbow. What could be better? I think Booey would probably call this old mans music but I've been a big fan for years.

Are you watching then?

Glad you feeling better. Shame about work tomorrow.
17/11/2011 at 21:44
Got to see Elbow (just then) they were great! hopefully I can watch it all catchup!
It really is a shame about work.. I'm there 9.30-7 tomorrow :'( detest Fridays now lol

Watching the Ricky Gervais thing now..
17/11/2011 at 22:25
I like Elbow too
17/11/2011 at 22:26
9.30 - 7. Thats a long day? Do you work Sat after such a long day on Friday? I bet you're knackered on Friday night aren't you?

We sometimes work longer hours if it's v busy but it's quiet at the mo so it's just 9-5.30. Its a fairly long drive to work but it let's me see the boys for an hour in the morning and again in the evening before bed.

I guess your 4yo is ready for bed when you get home?

Not a lot on the box here now so may retire early with the whole bed to myself. Joy!!

Nice one with Elbow Stripes. Thought I'd be the only one on here.

Edited: 17/11/2011 at 22:27
18/11/2011 at 08:54

Had a nice little run round the village, although was a tad dark in places  I did 2.85 miles.  I have worked out some other roads I could use so I reckon I can increase that mileage abit to 3-3.5 so that will do fine when I have to get out and its dark.  My pace was pretty good aswell but that was probably down to dinner would be ready

Sabbie - that Ricky Gervais thing is Life's short, how funny is it.  Johnny Depp getting Warwick Davis to Riverdance how funny was that  its on everyweek

18/11/2011 at 10:57
lol Booey it is funny but it feels soooo wrong to laugh at some of it!! glad u had a good run there's hardly any street lights where I run so may have to get a head torch or somat.. Or maybe get in the car and run somewhere else lol but that kinda defeats the object to me

Silver yeah, it is a long day, and I do do Saturday's too I don't mind doing the hours but I just don't enjoy this place. On the plus side the other place I talked to is happy to have me but winter gets really quiet in this business so he'd rather wait till after Jan/Feb unless the situation changes here, so I just have to stick it out a little while longer
18/11/2011 at 11:32

LOL at Sabbie - dont worry its a total spoof, like Extras did you ever watch that?  Warwick is totally game for it and its not really his real life.........did you see Liam Nieson last week, absolutely hilarious   I love Ricky Gervais sense of humour although I know alot don't

A few of the people at run club have head torches and they are very good, I think I will prob get one.  I find it quite wierd as I only ever think of pot holers wearing them haha

18/11/2011 at 11:37
Sabbie - have just realised have you not gone in again today?  How are you?
18/11/2011 at 11:57
Good one on the run Booey. I'm also looking for new streets to extend my regular run although I haven't been out at night for a while so the streetlights haven't been a problem as yet.

I'd love to watch Elbow live btw. My brother saw them in Manchester a while ago. They had a full orchestra on stage. Apparently it brought tears to his eyes! Soppy git!

I saw the Ricky Gervais thing with Liam Neeson too Booey it was genius and Warwick Davis is excellent. Must watch catchup for last nights.
Edited: 18/11/2011 at 12:00
18/11/2011 at 12:06
I am in work today but it's really quiet so I may as well have stayed home! think the boss man may be in later so I'll see if I can leave early if it doesn't pick up
I never watched extras and only a few of the office although I do think I'd like to watch that one an yeah, I've seen the interviews Warrick and Ricky have been doing.. was it Graeme Norton they/Ricky where on with Johnny Depp? I did see the Liam Neeson one yeah that was funny. 'I've got AIDS'.. it really does go against acceptable humour though doesnt it I do enjoy Gervais, follow him on twitter I was just a bit late actualy getting into him
18/11/2011 at 12:57

Silver - defo try and do catch up on last nights episode, really is funny

Sabbie - oh so you made it back to work   bet you wish you hadn't

Yeah Depp and Gervais were on G Norton, I really think they have a great rapore together.  Both funny guys and a tad mental

18/11/2011 at 13:43
I got into Gervais late too. The office passed me by but Extras was superb. This is similar with the celeb appearances. Loved Lim Neeson explaining that Steven Spirlburg gave him the part in Schindlers List because he made lots of lists. Brilliant!

Also enjoyed Idiot Abroad.

What's the plan for weekend runs? I'm aiming for 10k on Sunday morning this week. I will not be defeated by the Jill at 7k and will carry on for another 3!!

Oh we're taking the boys to see the lights in London on Sunday pm too. Should be good if they don't get too tired!
18/11/2011 at 15:03

Yep we also love Carl Pilkington   have you been watching Paul Merton oh his travels? thats also very funny

Well I am away this weekend with Mother.  Off to Brum tomorrow morning for shopping then show in the evening.  Its the Abba Show at the Symphony Hall, from what I can gather you can have a sing a long so should be a laugh.  Probably have a curry before hand then a few drinks after, staying Prem Inn over night so back home Sunday.  IF I dont overdo the drinking I may have a little run when I get home

I have the day off work on Tuesday, docs for blood tests but then I shall more than likely get out for my LSR then

I may or may not have a quick village run or treadmill tonight.  Might just have a walk with hubby, we use to go out for a walk alot but since my running no where near as much.  He was abit down in the dumps y/day so may just give him some attention tonight as I am away Sat night.  We have steak for dins

18/11/2011 at 15:04
Silver - if the JILL at 7K were naked would it spur you on  haha read it back
Edited: 18/11/2011 at 15:07
18/11/2011 at 19:09
I think my fingers are just too fat for this keyboard Boo but a naked Jill would be much better than a long Hill haha! . Been busy in the office so I haven't posted much today and didn't have time to read back. If you ever read something rude from me it's probably a mistake so I'll apologise in advance!

I've been waiting for your reply all pm too but guess what I seem to have pressed Ignore under your name! What an idiot! Fat fingers again!

Anyway enjoy Brum - did I ever mention I went to Uni there for 5 years. Loved the place but haven't been back in yonks! Abba sounds excellent I'd love a drink and a sing along to Abba songs. I'd need the drink first of course to loosen me up a bit!
19/11/2011 at 20:06
You lot are quiet today. Has anyone been out? Stripes are you ready for the race? Mal, Sabbie are you feeling any better? Suzie you must have been out today?

Just preparing myself for LSR at 7 in morning by drinking more Cabenet Sauvignon. After months of abstaining from booze the wine is slowly easing its way back into my evenings and also into my belly! Mmmmmm!

19/11/2011 at 21:45

Glass of wine sounds lovely Silver. I haven't posted because I haven't been out still, feeling a bit better but not ready to run yet, thanks for asking.

We have a children's birthday party to go to tomorrow, I'm feeling a bit guilty because I'm recycling a present which has never been opened because I want to give the lovely new books I bought to my own daughter! Not my finest Mum moment!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.