Excited new runner

Lurking no more!

601 to 620 of 3,477 messages
23/11/2011 at 20:40
Hi suzie i get sick feeling when been running my boxing trainer says it adrenaline rush i only get it when push myself you be fine keep up good work x
23/11/2011 at 20:43
Seriously Stripes he was everywhere! Every post on every thread on every forum had his face on the left hand side. It was bizarre! Wish you'd seen it

How are the legs?
23/11/2011 at 21:17

Hi Silver. I wish I had seen it as well.

Had a Deep Heat bath and leg feels a lot better. Still not sure how long I should leave it before going out again. I know I could run tomorrow but know it would hurt afterwards and worried what long term damage I could be doing.

24/11/2011 at 00:57
Run tomorrow with my sister
24/11/2011 at 07:57
Stripes - Weirdly I put the tele on last night about 10.30 and Family Guy was on! What was going yesterday Peter was everywhere - I think it must have been my imagination! It was a good one though he had plastic surgery and lost all his weight.

Mal - good luck with the run today.
24/11/2011 at 10:12

Morning

Had a good club run, we did about 3.5 miles there was only 5 of us  The Run England group is more laid back than DRR, we have abit of a laugh and only ever do around the 3 miles as can only last from 5.15 - 6.00pm

I find it quite amusing how the two clubs I run with vary.  Like I say Run England pretty laid back and we always have a quick run then stop and do warm ups all together then run then same at the end

DRR straight off running and push on as hard as you can, never done over 5 miles with them but to be honest that suits me fine as they start at 7 and happy to be finished within the hour.  They have a nice little thing where we all shake hands at the end where we all meet up and say well done  nice little touch I reckon

Stripes - sounds like the leg is mending, only go out when you are 100% sure and then make it a slow easy one to test it

Mal - enjoy you run wid your sis

Silver - So? did you look at Silverstone HM?

24/11/2011 at 14:15
Sounds like a good run last night Boo. I like the idea of a more relaxed one. My club run was full of younger people this week and they were a damn site faster than me too which is why I got a bad stitch I think.

Anyway I looked at Silverstone but my only concern is that's its pretty close to Reading and I need to be well fit for that as some of my work colleagues have entered. Also as good as it would be to meet up and run together if you beat me Ill never hear the end of it on here!

I'll give it a bit more thought tonight as it still looks like there are spaces available.
Edited: 24/11/2011 at 14:16
24/11/2011 at 15:01

Silver there is no way we would run together anyhow, I am a great believer when racing get in the zone and run at your own pace.  Ours would be totally different, I am 5'3 and have ickle legs, I believe you said you are over 6" your one stride would be 3 to me I bet  hehe

It might be called a race, but believe me I will not be racing round the circuit.  Hopefully my training of longer runs nice and slow will see me get over the finish line  and you could be there cheering me over

24/11/2011 at 15:29
Or in the back of an ambulance on my way to hospital! Not cos you have hurt me in any way but cos Uve pulled something on the way round - I mean my leg not a woman btw - or naked Jill perhaps hahaha!
24/11/2011 at 15:38

hahahahahaha yes thats it, a naked Jack and Jill at the finish line  that would keep us both happy

24/11/2011 at 15:45
Those sort of races definately exist Boo but I don't think I'll be entering one anytime soon!

We are getting dangerously close to that Friday afternoon discussion a couple of weeks ago - remember! I still come out on a cold sweat thinking about those images on Google
24/11/2011 at 16:10

What the dog houses  hahahahahaahahaah jk

I wonder what we can google tomorrow and post some piccies

Well hopefully I am off soon, its my aunties 90th B/day today so all the family are going over to Dunstable to see her and have a meal

Laters Dudes

24/11/2011 at 16:22
Hahaha! I forgot about the dog houses - they were excellent!

Had to google jk by the way as I didn't know what that meant. I learn so much from you guys! Haha!

Have a good evening and enjoy the 90th birthday party!
Edited: 24/11/2011 at 17:07
25/11/2011 at 09:46

OK so where is everyone today

Auntie Joan had a very enjoyable 90th Birthday Meal bless her

Well I am finishing at 1.30 today so will be out running this afternoon and all good intentions for Sat and Sun  cant wait  I need to get my mileage up for this month

Whats everyone else upto?

Oh my hubby has got me a headtorch for Xmas  whoop whoop

25/11/2011 at 11:34
Hi Boo. I'm here! V busy last few days so couldnt write much. I've no idea where everyone else has gone.

What's all this about leaving at 1.30 part-timer!

It's a nice day here so I'm contemplating a lunchtime run - just worried about recovering for my LSR on Sunday morning but if I take it easy today I should be ok.

Are you doing a ressy run this pm? I'm guessing the weathers good with you too as you aren't too far away from sunny Oxford?

Still undecided on the SS Half. I know I'd love it but not sure if my old body will recover for Reading 2weeks later. What d'ya think?

Can't believe you've got another head torch. You'll be running out of space to put them and I'm telling you the batteries will slow you down soon.

Do you wear one of these on a night out?

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=safari&q=hat%20lights&sa=N#i=128

25/11/2011 at 12:02

Yeah its a lovely day here too, going to run from home this pm then prob do the ressy run over the weekend

I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover  why not just enter it anyhow its only 15quid and then if you are not upto it your not much lost

Don't wear one of those no hehe very interesting ..... not sure yet how the headtorch is going to work with the cap  lol

The joys of working flexi time ah

25/11/2011 at 12:07
I'm v jealous!

Speaking of new kit my off road trainers arrived last night. They are as good as new and have big bobbly soles for grip but guess what - they are too small Grrrr! I'm an 11 and they are 11.5 so they should be fine but no chance and I wouldn't risk running in them. Oh well back onto eBay unless you know anyone who may be interested?

25/11/2011 at 12:26

oh dam thats a shame  no sorry my hubby has way smaller feet which is a shame cuz he prob would have like them

Wonder how Stripes leg is doing?

25/11/2011 at 12:36
He's been v quiet hasn't he. Hope it's not dropped off! :-/
25/11/2011 at 12:53

Stripes? We'll be ringing A&E's all over the country:

"Have you got a runner there? ... Er.... Name of Stripes?.....Um.....Bit tricky to locate if it's not his actual name, no I see....er...how about any running types with limbs dropping off? ... "

Booey and Silver I'm here too.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.