Experiences of big-weight losers

I'd like your opinions please

21 to 24 of 24 messages
13/05/2006 at 11:57
wait a minute OTH! -you said you felt full of beans after weekly shop as opposed to exhausted - aint that a feeling of "fitness" -or at least start of it? -so start being happy a tad, eh:O)
13/05/2006 at 12:22
Oh I am Hoose - it seems strange to be happy at what most people take for granted but believe me it certainly does make me happy. Everyone around me has noticed a difference too. I have always been pretty upbeat since I first got back on my feet after my back problems, but now I am 'lively' and happy too - first to suggest a walk, first to get up, first to ask where shall we go this weekend then ... etc. If you'd known me back in the dark old days you wouldn't recognise me now :-) I just feel like life gets better and better - each new chapter brings something to celebrate and be grateful for .... but boy! can I bore people with how much better I am now than then. If I sound pessamistic it is probably just the words I choose when writing - and the fact that I am an unreformed 'worrier'. Like now my problem has changed from how to fill the voids in the day, to how to find enough day to fit everything in !!!! LOL
13/05/2006 at 12:22
I agree OTH, the increased energy is great...it's the opposite of a vicious cricle...I find the more I run or go out on the bike the more I want go out.

Today was supposed to be a rest-day but I did a slow plod around the local woods with the dog and did two laps (around 4mile).....This is the most I've ran since getting back into it two weeks ago.
13/05/2006 at 13:36
it does show through in your writing too OTH...I smiled with delight for you when you described your walk a couple of days ago and how you felt like "breaking into a run".

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.