fat and 40!!

5 messages
27/07/2014 at 21:43

Hi all,

Been on and off these forums for, i think, about the last ten years. I still don't have a regular habit due to extreme laziness. Unfortunately this means that I have now hit the big 40 and am 2 stone overweight, I think I have to stop being lazy.

The problem is that i tried to start a couch to 5k program but after I completed the first session I had a huge pain in my right upper butt cheek (for want of a better description} I went for a walk today as I thought i had just started too hard the last time, I was still sore in the same place when i got back. I also noticed that the ouside of my right trainer under the ball of my foot is more worn than the rest.  I wear motion control shoes as i have flat feet.

Can anyone help?  I am totally ready to get started but don't want to create a major injury.

Thanks in advance

Sharon

27/07/2014 at 22:38

Start reaaaaaalllly slowly.  Walk a bit as a warm up, then run really slowly, before finishing with a walk to warm down.

27/07/2014 at 23:04

Possibly piriformis- look upsome stretches, and try rolling the sore bit on s faom roller or tennis ball.

28/07/2014 at 10:18

And consider new shoes - it you're noticing wear it might be time to replace them.

28/07/2014 at 10:47
Thanks guys!!

Tricialitt just had a look at piriformis. I thimk i maybe need to do some gentle streching before i go out, normally i just use a walk as a warm up.

Screamapiller i've just been researching the web for new shoes. I have had the ones i've got for abour 4 years, wear them a lot but haven't done much running in them. Daft that i thought they would be ok really.

Faithsdaddy i only have one speed and its mainly slow, really slow. I sometimes grt a little overexcited tho......

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.