finding a running partner

9 messages
Ann
28/08/2002 at 18:41
Any ideas?

I have been running for about a year ( on and mostly off!) and joined a running club to spur me on although I can only go once a week. I am currently running at weekends and mornings on my own but need company for motivation ( and to stop me getting bored and giving up) I live in a large suburban area in the North east and see people out running all the time but have no idea how to find a like minded person ( without coming across as some sort of nutter)

Any ideas?
29/08/2002 at 17:12
Ann
how far NE, and what is your pace?
Ann
30/08/2002 at 18:05
I live in the Teesside area, as to my pace .....I dont really know, somewhere around an 11 minute mile. It depends who i am running with because if i'm on my own i slow down. I know that i run faster with others because when i can make it to the running club i run farther and faster than i do on my own.
31/08/2002 at 18:43
Ann
I am a 'plodder' who would love to train with you if we live close enough. I live in Darlington.
02/09/2002 at 09:03
thanks ann.. had my mother in mind, but she's quite a bit further north...

good luck in the search
02/09/2002 at 10:37
Any hints and tips for a complete begginner at 50 would be appreciated
24/11/2012 at 12:25

I want to find a running partner or partners in the Sandal area or south Wakefield, e.g.round NewMillar Dam or Pugneys or further afield. I recently completed Couch to 5K with my wife, in the summer. In the past I 've run 10K and Half Marathons. I'm fit from swimming and walking regularly,and want to get back into running several times a week.

31/03/2013 at 00:56
I am looking for a partner in Bridgend area. I am a Complete unfit, overweight beginner looking to do Super Sprint Triathlon in September.
31/03/2013 at 11:07
Joggingbuddy.com ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.