first half marathon

6 messages
28/03/2006 at 22:06
Hi all running my first half marathon in sheffield this year training was going good but ive just got a stinker of a cold and the sheffield lord mayors 10k coming up is it wise to cary on training or give it a break for a few days ( dont want my fitness to sufer )any advise plz
28/03/2006 at 22:59
take a break for a few days....it won't make much (any) difference to your fitness - but running through a stinker and making it worse could end up with you off running for a longer period.

Take the opportunity to do some extra stretching if you want to still feel virtuous :-)
29/03/2006 at 16:33
Ditto what Heckenhocker said.

When you get back into training,and assuming you're following some sort of schedule, its probably worth stepping back a week or so to bring you back to where you are now.
31/03/2006 at 20:07
thanks for that gave thursday a miss feel not bad going to have a short run sunday then take it easy till the 10k on the nineth
31/03/2006 at 20:38
glad you're feeling a bit better....hopefully by Sunday you'll be bouncing around :-)
01/04/2006 at 21:26
dont know about bouncing but will be doing five to six miles depending on how i feel then after the 10k will be uping the mileagehoping for a 2 hour 10 half

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.