First race since starting running again

plus a daft question

2 messages
12/07/2006 at 08:45
I did my first race since starting back running last night the Swansea Harriers 5k.

I really really enjoyed it, I started at the back for the sole reason that I'm quite short so I couldn't see I was at the back until I looked behind me and realised there was just a few people there.

But it was great fun making my way through in the first half and at the turnaround I felt really good so just went for it.

My best in training is 23.19 and I didn't think I'd get near that as it was quite busy at the start.

So when I approached the finishing clock and saw 22 something I had a frantic last dash and just made it under 23 in 22.55, so I'm really chuffed and can't wait for the next one now.

Just a quick question though anyone know what the cat number is on the result sheet ? As my wife has one next to her name and I don't so we're just curious as to what it is .

Cheers
Steve
12/07/2006 at 09:05
Cat = category

Results are often listed in the whole race AND within your age/gender group

M55 = men over 55
F = Senior Women (under 35)etc. etc.

In a race you are really only racing people in your category

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.