for all new runners .....

for those looking at threads but dont want to intrude ........

10,601 to 10,620 of 10,812 messages
18/10/2009 at 22:04
..........and Scorpions trigger, don't forget the Scorpions!!
18/10/2009 at 22:09

Yep them too.. my OH is a Scorpio too

Missed my LSR this weekend because I had a twinge in my back that I didn't want to make any worse. I was also full of snot when I woke up this morning (I hope none of you are having your tea reading this, hehe), which wasn't nice. I'm sure my legs are pleased after all the training recently, but I already feel about 5 stone heavier because of it though.. doesn't really help that I've been tucking into a large box of Thorntons chocolates that my friend bought me this weekend either. Yum!!!

Might go out for a cheeky 5 miles tomorrow if I get home on time and then it's running club on Tuesday. 

How has everyone's weekend been?

18/10/2009 at 22:17

Hi LK I was eating wheat crunchies.lol.Hows ur OH doing now? OOH I love thorntons,I gota get back into training,never made running club this week cos went for a run and had lots of niggles so decided to have a good break.I have printed off training programme for a Marathon cos by the time I get a place I will be realy good.lol. Im just guna have another week off running let my legs completely recover. I am also back on diet as from tomoz,hubby did the most gorge rocky roads and toad in the hole for tea,not much help realy.

Hi everyone hows you all doing,hi to those who have come back,I will have a catch up promise.

19/10/2009 at 09:34

Mmmm... toad in the hole! LK hope OH is better soon Happy b'day to virtually everyone.

My last run was Thurs night, and it was really hard work. Decided I might have been trying to do too much too soon recently, so had a few days off - should be back out tonight though.

Want to start cross training too - getting an exercise bike and a cross trainer donated to us. OH wants Wii Fit for her birthday as well - does anyone here do Wii Fit - is it any good?

19/10/2009 at 10:31
Fat teague it was lovely,he puts me to shame tho cos I cant make yorkshire puds at all,bad realy as Im a yorkshire lass. We have wii fit I love it,the yoga is good as it tells you if you are doing it wrong.
19/10/2009 at 10:37
Morning all!  Just the 8 miles for me on Saturday and am pleased to report that I felt no niggles or anything so hopefully will be able to manage 10 miles this weekend ahead of Stevenage Half Marathon on 1/11.  Fingers crossed.
19/10/2009 at 11:57

"Just'"8 miles

I'm looking forward to saying that one day.

19/10/2009 at 12:05
Keep at it FT and you will.  I started off walk 1 min run/stagger 1 min and 3 years later I can just about do it!
19/10/2009 at 18:28

FT I was just guna say that too,JUST 8 MILES.thats my dream,nice to know that you have built up tho Trigger 2,theres hope for me yet.

Not run today,going boxercise tonight and def going to running club tomoz,I have decided on a local athletics club and have my induction there.They do endurance work and stuff,they also meet up to do weekend runs and hill work.

Hope everyone else is ok.

20/10/2009 at 09:11

Can't remember my exact stats last night, but did about 3.2 miles at around 9 m/m pace.

Glad I could get still get round that distance having not run much last week.

OH bought some poncy scales yesterday - she's decided she wants to lose a stone and a half before she goes back to work in January - I'm glad she's feeling more motivated as hopefully she'll keep me on the straight and narrow too!

I keep thinking about a running club Ecky, though I've enquired about the local club previously and they didn't come across as particularly friendly - might try again though - let us know how you get on.

20/10/2009 at 14:00

Yeh FT I will let you know how I do,they know Im not amazing thank goodness,I just dont think I will get any further if I do it myself, Hope OH weight loss goes well,I love my scales,like you say it should keep you on straight and narrow.

Hi everyone hope you all ok,my ankle playing up again so not much running for me at the mo,just hope it holds up for running club so I dont make a fool of myself.

20/10/2009 at 20:49

wow ... some old faces back -how are you all ?

I have shamefully been neglecting you all again ..... !

Im thinking about RC too , think I will need the support for all the miles ahead of me !

had a 10k on sunday ... its a real hilly one, seems I am getting slower ... do you think its because I am now focusing on distance rather that speed ?

entered the bath 1/2 yesterday in prep for the big one ! £35 !!!! same as VLM ! but its the only one near me at that time, so thought sod it and just paid up ! daylight robbery !

hope everyones running is going well

x

20/10/2009 at 21:28

Yey I finally managed to get to running club,decided to go with Jog England,they only do 3-4 milers but have all levels of abilitly so will build up my confidence then I can do some endurance work.They were so lovely and welcoming and I almost managed to keep up with the faster runners.Its just enough to give me a boost then I can improve.

Nice to see you back Albs I def reccomend running club,gosh £35 is bloomin steep,thats what stops me doing more of them is the price.

21/10/2009 at 08:37

Maybe you were slower because of the hills Albs?

Glad you enjoyed running club Ecky - I take it the ankle was ok in the end?

21/10/2009 at 14:34
Yeh FT it held out.I did struggle later on in the evening tho,it gets realy stiff and painful and I have trouble standing on it,few days rest and its good again.I supose I should get it looked at but am scared someone will say I need to stop running.
22/10/2009 at 08:32

Quiet in here....

Did around 3.4 miles last night at about 9.5 m/m.

Happy with my distance, but I seem to be getting slower. I think it's the cold. i hate running in the cold. Does anyone else think they run slower in colder weather?

23/10/2009 at 15:08

Hi Guys,

Sorry I've not been around much. Caught up with work this week. One member of staff off sick and one being made redundant. Not the best week in all honesty! Think I might treat us to fish & chips tonight to make up for it

OH is much better now and even talking about decorating the lounge (our lounge has been a building site for 3 years!!), so I think they did something to him in hospital, hehe.

Albs - Well done on your 10k. Upping your distance is bound to have an impact on your speed because your 'comfortable' pace gets slower as you run for longer. I wouldn't worry too much. I have much more respect for long distance runners than fast runners anyway I think it takes more grit and determination.

Glad you enjoyed your first club night Ecky. Well done for going Hope you ankle is feeling better today.

Fat Teague - I wouldn't worry too much. You might have just had an off day or something. I'm sure I read somewhere that PB's were more likely in the colder weather though because hot weather slows you down. I'm sure you'll get used to it

I'm now officially a committee member for my running club and went to my first committee meeting last night. Quite excited about becoming involved with it all. It's club night tonight, so we're doing a hill session involving SEVEN hills. It's a killer, but very satisfying

Oh, one more thing... WOOOOOOOO FRIDAY!!!!!

23/10/2009 at 18:47

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Friday and the start of half term!  Had an extra day off today and did 5 miles in the autumn sunshine - wonderful.  Niggly foot this p.m.  hope it's ok for 10 on Sunday.

Enjoy the Fish & Chips Lostkat - OH ordering indian takeaway as I type - scrummy!  Sure it doesn't feature in my new book though - Go Faster Food - well a girl can dream!

24/10/2009 at 10:28

Hi Guys

Hi LK hope you enjoyed your fish and chips,well deserved,wel done getting on the comittee of running club,my ankle is not too bad ta,still niggly,realy ought to have it looked at I spose but am just resting it for now, till running club at least.

Trigger well done on your run,hope your foot is ok,I love half term too,I only work lunchtimes at school but love the hols.Hope you enjoyed your takeaway too,must have a look at that book go faster food I seem to be eating all the rubbish at the moment.

FT thats a good run,I do tend to run better in the cold tho,mind you my best is 10min miles.

No running for me today,must rest my ankle and got the start of a rotten cold(bottle of grape juice last night dont help either.)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

24/10/2009 at 10:34
Eckytump grape juice is my favourite medicine!  Hope the cold feels better soon.  No running for me today - intend to spend the whole day curled up on the sofa with a good book and consoling myself about the +2lbs this week
10,601 to 10,620 of 10,812 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.