From 0 to a Marathon in 22 weeks.

Preparing for a marathon from scratch, in 22 weeks.

321 to 340 of 3,374 messages
17/12/2012 at 20:52
Cheers
18/12/2012 at 10:50

Feels great when you lose so much weight you're proud enough to show your body, doesn't it?

18/12/2012 at 11:55

Yes. It is isn't it.  Really feel like i've got somewhere

18/12/2012 at 11:56

Slightly sad, but in a positive way, emailed and cancelled my participation in the Lakeland 50. Even If I started running today I've missed a month and just cannot get my oomph together to do the training for that it's not even a flat ultra it's mountainous. So swallowed my pride and getting a refund.

Doesn't mean I'm not running just that I have to be realistic after my not doing anything for a month, and not sure when I'll start again. Be it this weekend or another two or three weeks.

Still going to sign up to do Leicester marathon again as soon as I can register, and will find other fun challenges this year, fancy Milton Keynes marathon but that is May so not sure if I'll be up to that distance in time. I guess I can do it slowly, but I've done a slow one ;/) want to do a quick one so might just do shorter distances and save my marathon effort for same place as last year and aim to take some serious time off what I managed this year.

Lots to think about and plan bit will I be running again yes will I run an ultra yes, will it be in 2013 probably not just means I'll savour it that little bit more when I do achieve it, and frankly delaying that for my new boobies.... I'd take that swap any day I love them
18/12/2012 at 12:30

well done booktrunk im sure you will get into the swing of it next year.

do think a name change is in order though!!

maybe boobtrunk hehe

18/12/2012 at 18:13
Grin, some of my friends on twitter said the same as I'm @booktrunk on there as well
23/12/2012 at 22:00
Hurrah 1.62km in 10:44

A very short jog, but my first in 5 weeks, and 30 days since my op.

I went very gently but frankly about 10:20 is probably the quickest I've done a mile in so that was actually quite quick for a slow sensible plod

I was paranoid that I'd lost it all completely, so bloody happy.

Used two shock absorber bras and new boobs didn't hurt, guess I need to see how I feel tomorrow. But, I'm running again no matter how short a run.
25/12/2012 at 00:19
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

MAY YOU ALL GET SHINY NEW TRAINERS AND GPS WATCHES.
27/12/2012 at 20:32
First 5k run since op

5.01km 31:34 in fact I'm a very slow plodder I think that is actually my fastest 5km !! Slow but getting there
01/01/2013 at 15:52

Nice one - your speed has really come on.  I've done nothing since the marathon in Oct - went out today for 8.75 miles but it was really slow (trying 3 months of HR training before starting a 12 week HM plan) to keep under 140 bpm.  1 h 42 (11:40 min/miles) which felt easy but HR said otherwise - this after a 8.08 min/mile GNR in Sept - oh how I wish I'd kept ticking over!  Half in May, GNR and Berlin Marathon this year.  When it feels hard to motivate myself, I re-read your thread from the start and then went out and ran.

03/01/2013 at 21:28
That's awesome

I'm back now from my boob job it was nearly six weeks ago and I feel good now, it's slightly weird as I've managed to thump myself in a boob once, oops!

I've done 8,2,5 km do far this year so 15k in the first 3 days. Lets see how I do.

I put on just under 1/2 a stone over the two Xmas weeks so I've got to spend the next few weeks taking that weight off if possible. Fingers crossed.
04/01/2013 at 21:22

Hello!

Glad to hear you and the twins are well! and that youre getting back into your training!

I had to lay off in December as knackered ankle but seems ok now - hope everyone else that has been following your thread has come to the New Year ready for plans discussed/ hoped for last year.

Did you get round to entering Loughbourough half? Im looking forward to it and must get round to entering Ashby 20 - its the hoody and cheese cob that beckons!

17/01/2013 at 18:58
Boo!!!

Been busy at work and slightly twisted my knee so only done 21k in the last couple of weeks.

Went out tonight in the snow, my first ever snow run, it was awesome and lots of fun!! 6.5km not a lot but better than nothing.

Hope everything is going well for all of you.

Jen, no I've not signed up yet, but looked at the website a bit ok very broke after Xmas but come pay day I'm going to sign up for it

Steph
26/01/2013 at 18:21
So two 7.x km runs this week my general speed is getting a little bit better, a minimum of 10.5km tomorrow, so a 1/4th of a marathon.
27/01/2013 at 13:55
14.5 km (9 miles) in 99 minutes. been a good week.
01/02/2013 at 21:20

Hi, well done on keeping up the running through the bad weather - I gave it a go but over on my arse before mile 2! (Figured better to do something than nothing,so got the Nell McAndrew Recharged DVD      (and enjoyed it  )

Bad weather also stopped me getting to Parkrun ( at Conkers) which I've given a try after so much positive comment on the forums,  Can't recommend it enough if you fancy giving it a go. Never thought I'd turn into such a stats addict!

Shame you had to withdraw from the ultra, but with good reason it seems, (both of them!) have you had a look at Ladybower? Apart from the 50, they also have a 20 and 35 mile option and as it's end of Sept, I'd like to consider training up for the 35 distance and then after, well, lets see how it goes!

Anyway, back to some sort of routine now as got Ashby 20 mid March and Loughborough just after - you gone for it yet?

Anyway all best to you and fellow thread followers!

04/02/2013 at 11:56

No... not gone for loughborough yet, spent the money signing up for the great midlands run in June, so going to have to wait until 21st feb (pay day) and hope not full.

Managed to slog through 16km yesterday (Sunday) which was good, 9k to begin on road then 3k through very slippery muddy fields, and 4k along a toepath full of fishermen and I did this in 1h 55m  didn't feel to out of breath or anything really controlled.  Still stuck weight wise at my 10 stone hump can get below it for 2 or 3 days but always back at 10 or 10.05lbs at weigh in day. Oh well!!  But the annoying thing i want to get rid of diet wise is my tummy and that's just going slowly with the running even though i'm not physically gettting any smaller.

04/02/2013 at 12:09

I mean to say and forgot above looking on my.asics.co.uk i'm upto a grand total of 799.4km since I started last May.  hehe .6 km to hit my first 800 km.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:10
08/02/2013 at 20:55

Well that got me thinking about finally registering my Garmin...887 km, but that's since last March, when I got the garmin and when I was trying to train half decently for last VLM. And have slowed down since last Nov/ Dec. Just been getting back into it now for both my events in March. So impressed with where you are and sure you will crack 1000 in a year!

Once again, great thread Steph. Why bothered about 10 stone - seems like a pretty healthy weight (unless you're about 4'6"!)

08/02/2013 at 21:48
Not sure why bothered but I just got hung up.

I've got a little roll around the tummy I'd love to get rid off anyway down to 9 13 now

Ohh today's run was marked as a gentle 5k run, only 8:30m strolling just part of relaxing week. I got carried away previous fastest 5k 31:39 tonight I did 1st k in 6:24 then 6:16 so 12:40 for 2km and then I blasted the last3 for a total of 30:20 which is 1:19 better and a sub 30m 5k is now in sight!! Exciting and something I thought that I would never be able to do.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.