Gammy Knee!

Recovery time for an injured knee/shins

2 messages
21/05/2012 at 11:00

Hi All,

Just started running and I am into my 4th week of training for the GNR this year.  I seem to has strained something just below the knee of my right leg.  Unsure whether it is shin splints or just a pulled muscle around the knee.

I am keen to get back out as I am really enjoying it and seem to be making good progress but do not want to cause any long terms problems.  Difficult question I know (given it depends on so many factors) but how long do you think I should wait before running again?  It seems to hurt in the morning and I get the odd twinge during the day.

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers.

21/05/2012 at 17:52
Depends on a few things. You'd to be a bit more specific on here about on your knee. Inside, outside etc. The injuries I've had, I was usually ok after 3 weeks off. When I tried to run any earlier it always came back. There's loads of stuff on the internet if you can be very specific about symptoms.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.