getting back to it

Starting after sickness

3 messages
11/01/2013 at 20:58

I have been ill since the New Year, flu type symptoms, and I have not been out for over a week. I want to start this week end, is it best to start slow, walk run or just go straight into it?

I am 63 years old and I have been running for 6 months. Before the lay off I was running 3 times a week, 3 to 4mile.

It’s the first time I’ve had a lay off like this and I’m feeling a bit flat and I don’t want to spoil the work I have done in the past 6 months.

cougie    pirate
12/01/2013 at 12:47
I know people who've had the flu bug this year and it's hit them hard. Are you sure you're over it ? It's taken a lot longer than a week to recover ?

You don't lose much fitness if you have two weeks off so I would be very wary of trying to come back too soon.

Take it very very easy.
12/01/2013 at 13:21

Hi Cougie,

Thanks for that, no I'm not sureif I'm over it as I still feel a bit weak but wasn't sure if this was just me starting to be lazy.

Anyway thanks for the advise and I will start of slow and easy.

Edited: 12/01/2013 at 13:22

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.