Giant Steps are What We Take

Plodding On the Moon!

21 to 36 of 36 messages
02/06/2003 at 20:39
Oh Pix, sorry to hear about your crap run...remember we all have crap days, don't worry about it.

I don't mean to put a downer on everything, but I am having such a rotten day today. Work is so busy at the mo, I've got exams this week, I had about 2hrs sleep last night because I had so much on my mind and lots of other stuff in my life is a bit crap too.

Sorry, venting finished. Feel better now.
02/06/2003 at 20:41
Oh Pardu, I can relate to that. I often get that expression from my cats, normally when I find them sitting adjacent to a) a dead bird b) a dead mouse or c) some vomit.

Animals...who'd have 'em!
02/06/2003 at 21:12
Pwt, the older one of the naughty pair, decided that he'd had enough of my wrath and went back to the cage fairly quickly this evening when I let them out. The naughty baby is still on top of the other cage, still looking innocent. The budgie-sitter has been warned so they'd better not mess with her, she's a formidable lady.
02/06/2003 at 21:15
Jill, I thought your speed was quite fast!

Pardu, have a good time away, Rascal you are doing really well, must be pleased.

EP, at least you got out there, and Smitch you sound really pi**ed off. Good luck with your exams, I had bad start to the day, but has improved as day gone on..... probably when I left work tonight!

02/06/2003 at 21:26
Thanks Bodjit, just another one of those days I suppose!

Bad hair day, bad skin day bad everything day really! I think I should be put down!

How is your training going anyway?
02/06/2003 at 21:39
Training....what's that ;-)) well starting this week with a vengeance, as been desperatly lazy for the last 2 weeks, daughter got married last Thursday so had good excuse. Rest day today (schedule says so!!) but I have got a really painful left knee, which developed last night for no reason, so hope will be ok for gentle plod tomorrow. Bet you wish you'd never asked now!!

Sounds as though your club is going well, wish I had the nerve!

02/06/2003 at 21:41
Oh wow! Congrats oh proud mum! I would say that is a fair enough excuse Bodjit!!

Good luck for your plod tomorrow. I am a bit scared, we are supposed to be doing hill work (my 1st time) tomorrow night. I think I have got to get there half an hour before everyone else because we have to run 3 miles to get to the aforementioned hill (in the woods). I need a head start obviously
02/06/2003 at 21:51
I s'pose the 3 mile run will warm you ready for the hill work ;-))))) You will be fine, and think of the speed you will eventually reach, sooooo fast. Is the hill very long?

02/06/2003 at 22:04
I think its about 400m, but looks v v steep!
02/06/2003 at 22:08
I don't think I will ever be fast Bodjit, I am not really built for speed. Want to do a marathon or two and survive, don't care what my time is really.
02/06/2003 at 22:10
Oh dear! how many reps or is one enough??
400m is a fair distance, I do admire you, I would have to crawl the last 200m...... you are doing really well, have you thought about the Abingdon Marathon in October yet??

02/06/2003 at 22:11
Abingdon welcomes slow plodders, they keep the course open for 6 hours, there are quite a few forumites doing it, and a few of us plodders

02/06/2003 at 22:13
Don't think I'm ready for it yet Bodjit, max run has only been 16 miles so far, and felt like death afterwards.

Will definitely aim for one next year though.

I think we will have to do 8 of them. Oh shite, I don't want to go now...

Off to bed now. Night B, & have a good plod tomorrow!
02/06/2003 at 22:14
oops sorry for swearing by the way
02/06/2003 at 22:16
Sleep well, you will be ok tomorrow, let me know how it goes, you will feel great once you have achieved it....

Nite
02/06/2003 at 22:17
where????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.