Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,181 to 29,200 of 31,422 messages
yeo
30/07/2012 at 08:45

Carnivores anonymous

Brekkie cereal counts as nasty processed food, I fear.

Can you go raw without the vegan bit? I don't mean raw meat, but milk and dairy products?

30/07/2012 at 09:59

Morning everyone

Sorry to hear your Crohns is playing up.   Hope you feel better for doing your vegan raw food challenge; you're much braver than me, don't think I'd get through a day!  Tried one of those sort of things before and found it made me hate food and feel really ill so I went back to what I normally ate.  Am seeing the dietician on Friday though so will have to see what kind of changes she wants to make

Watched most of the opening ceremony, thought it looked amazing although reckon a lot of other countries won't have understood a lot of it (I didn't even understand some of it!).  Feel asleep during the teams coming out though and missed the flame lighting which I was gutted about   Also missed Macca though, which by the sounds of it wasn't a bad thing as even some of his fans have said it wasn't good. 

Am going to have another chat with my boss today about what happened in my appraisal; I've learnt that people are seriously shocked when they find out as they don't see me as an alcoholic so I thought it would be a good idea to have another chat now that he's had the weekend to let it sink in.  Just thought it would be a good opportunity to let him ask any other questions and to show that I'm being open and honest about it all.

Oh, and as a good start to the week I won some fancy, expensive face stuff today!    I enter a lot of things where you can get free samples of stuff as they usually come in little bottles or sachets so are great for taking on holiday, but this one also entered you into a draw to recieve a fancy bag with a full sized set of moisturiser, face mask, water spray, face mask and bathrobe and I got an email today to say I'd won!  How exciting is that?!   

30/07/2012 at 10:51

Morning

I'd fail from the start I'm afraid as I don't like bananas   Hope it goes well though SL as I seem to remember you saying how much better you feel when you eat more raw food.

Yay to the fancy face stuff TST   What will you discuss with your dietician this week?

We also fell asleep during the teams so missed Macca too, seems it was a good thing!

Its a part-time Accounts Assistant job HTF, only 2 days a week.  It's a friend of a friend needing an extra person.  Could work out.

Hi Yeo, how is work?  Still busy?

Any news from Apps at all?.....

30/07/2012 at 12:36

Got the stuff I'm winning a bit wrong, I've won moisturiser, sunscreen, spritzer thing and vanity case, but still all good!  The sunscreen is factor 50 so ideal for me as I burn quickly.  When we have any sun that is!!  Will be discussing how not to be a fat little fecker Cinders   Well, why I can loose the weight down to 11 stone and then no further   Which makes me depressed, which then means I binge and put it all back on again.  Plus how I can fit in loosing weight with food to help Andy's RA.  Have to keep a food diary this week and the weekend wasn't too good with some binging in there, but at least they can see what's going on.  I know a lot of it, but I just need some help in the way I did with quitting the booze.  No guarentee I'll have anything more than this first session, but figured it's worth a try. 

Good luck with the job, meant to say that earlier!  It'll help keep you occupied when Little C is at school and I'm sure you can find lots of smart running stuff to spend the extra pennies on!!

30/07/2012 at 13:41

Lol HTF - no cereal and milk for brekkie - both are cooked, you should look up the facts on milk - enough to put anyone off, and it's  a well known but not advertised fact that drinking milk depletes your bones of calcium rather than enirching them.  All the non milk drinking populations have almost no osteoporosis .  That said I'll probably still have my morning cup of tea, it's worth that drop of milk just to set me up for the day.

Why not give it a go but just have fruit for breakfast and lunch with some salad then whatever you fancy for dinner, that's my nomal routine and a good way of easing yourself into it.  Go on cronometer.com or fitday.com and you'll be amazed at the nutrition levels you get just from fruit and veg.

You don't have to have bananas Cinders,  lots of people don't like them but they tend to be a staple because they're cheap and readily available all year round.  You can stock up on any fruit, pears are a good substitute but nanas are easy count and know you're getting the calories in - roughly 100 per banana.  That's the beauty of eating this way - everyone on 'normal' diets are restricting calories and I'm stuffing my face till I'm full and still have to make sure I've got enough in   Good luck with the job, a couple of days a week is perfect if you can get it.

Yeo - cereal is indeed nasty processed food, you'd never eat the raw ingredients if you saw it growing in a field 

Good luck at the dieticians TST, it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.  Congratulations on winning the fancy stuff, always nice when something like that happens 

If you want to know more about the way I'm wanting to eat then have a look at this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/80-10-Diet-Balancing-Luscious/dp/1893831248/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343651975&sr=8-1

And this one for TST, I think you'd find it interesting x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/China-Study-The-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343651975&sr=8-2

30/07/2012 at 13:52

And this website gives a really good explanation of why raw vegan is so good for humans, as with most things there's alot or crap stuff out there too.http://rawschool.com/raw-food-basics/

The only sites I bother with now are 30bananasaday and foodnsport, both follow the 80/10/10 principle and are full of good before and after photos which always spur me on!  I have to ignore all the 'ethical vegans', they're the militant hug a bunny sort of folks who think you're evil if you put milk in a cup of tea let alone eat meat.  To be honest they make me laugh when they get all emotional if someone says they fancy a burger   I've seen a really good youtube video of before and after pics, I'll see if I can find it again and post it here x

30/07/2012 at 18:01

Just back from Wisley Gardens and the Pub.  More time spent at the pub to be honest.  2 cokes and a burger, but I did enjoy it, and it was my friends 4th AA birthday, so a lovely reason to celebrate.

Youngest is lying on the landing pleading with me to play tennis....now if I had have had at least a veggy lunch I probably wouldn't be feeling so knackered.

30/07/2012 at 18:57

Sounded a nice afteroon out tho HTF  

I'd like to see the youtube vid if you can find it SL.  Just looking at the 30bananas site....

30/07/2012 at 18:58

*afternoon* even!

30/07/2012 at 20:52

Evening all

I haven't been to Wisley HTF, is it as nice as I imagine.  Did you relent and play tennis ?

I'll ask on the 30bad site about that video, it's just lots of piccys of befores and afters but very inspiring - SL sucks in belly flab and tries to look like an after photo 

We've been to Calverly Grounds in T.Wells this afternoon, the council have put on loads of activity days throughout the holidays.  There was a climbing wall, bouncy castle, football, cricket, tag rugby and loads of other things for the kids including some arts and crafty stuff.  KC had a great time and I sat on the grass with my son's girlfriend enjoying the rest 

30/07/2012 at 20:57

I keep pressing submit too soon - doh!  Best thing about it is it's all free .  There's one on in Southborough on Wednesday and another in Pembruy Friday plus loads more around the borough over the next month.

I'm taking kc swimming tomorrow but won't be able to do any swimming myself as she can't swim so I'll be making sure she doesn't drown   Running/athletics club tomorrow night so we should me knackered by bedtime 

Anyone got anything else planned for tomorrow?

30/07/2012 at 21:00

A good day all round SL!    Calverly Grounds are lovely.  Yes I played tennis.  Very hard to say no to a child that otherwise would go and sit on the xbox.

Wisley is lovely.  I have their membership, so can just pop in for a stroll for an hour or two and not feel like I have to be there all day.  They have a lovely gift shop if money was no object.

Edited: 30/07/2012 at 21:00
30/07/2012 at 21:22

http://foodnsport.com/

Cinders, there's 3 videos at the bottom of the page.  Click on the middle one, the first part is people showing off how fit they are but the 2nd half has lots of befores and afters.  You'll see some of the names on 30bad and the facebook challenge.

31/07/2012 at 10:20

Morning everyone

Sounds like you had a busy day HTF!  I'd love to have a go at tennis, we've got some rackets but the only courts belong to the school and I can never get through on the number to book them.  I was never any good at school, but it would be fun to have a bash about every once in a while!

Busy day for you too SL!  That's really good that the council put loads of activity stuff on for the kids; they always seem to get so bored with the long summer holiday, especially if the weather's not nice.  How does KC get on with the other kids at those sort of events? 

Swimming for me tonight, last lesson with this coach I've been using. I've decided that he's taken me about as far as his abilities can really so I'm going to go to the Masters class on a Sunday morning at a different pool.  The cost will be about the same overall, but as it's a club the coaches will be teaching me to swim better and faster using lots of drills and stuff whereas the current guy just knows how to teach people to swim really.  Have been having some more shoulder problems so am going to check with the physio next week that I can go, but am hoping there shouldn't be any problems.  Got up to 7 x 5 seconds on my exercises this morning, so pleased with that   Reckon I can get two of the leg raise ones (foot pointed outwards and foot pointed upwards) up to 10 x 10 seconds faster than I thought but the last one (foot pointed inwards) is a real struggle and I think that will take a long time to build that one up.  Still, I'm getting there and that's the main thing!

How is everyone today?

31/07/2012 at 12:11

Howdo, knackered.com here  Annoying cough kept me awake last night.

Would you be joining the Masters swimming with a view to competing or just training TST?  I swam with Masters for 10 years and loved it.

Thanks again for the links SL, will have a look later.  Really need to adjust my eating regime so it will give me some ideas.

Enjoy the swimming with KC today SL

31/07/2012 at 19:45

HTF, is your Foxhills spa in Surrey?  Just been reading on the BBC news that Bradley Wiggins had his training lycras taken when he was using the showers!

01/08/2012 at 10:14

Yes #hides hands behind back# 

01/08/2012 at 12:16

Lol, hope he finds something to wear for his tt this afternoon

01/08/2012 at 12:39

Afternoon eveyone

Will just be training with the Masters Cinders, think I'd get laughed out the pool if I tried to compete at the moment as I can only average a 35 second 25m length!!   Should help a lot with my technique though which should increase my speed in the long run.   It was quite obvious from our session last night that he has no idea where to go with me any more so it's the right decision to move on.

hopetofinish wrote (see)

Yes #hides hands behind back# 

Shall be looking out for you prancing around in those around Surrey then!

01/08/2012 at 12:41

Oh, meant to say, dreamed about being in a pub last night   First time in months and it's left me all out of kilter today.  I don't remember having a drink in my dream, but I'm not too sure it's a good sign as I was stressed in my dream which was why I was in there.  Think it's probably to do with the dietician appointment on Friday, although I don't know why I should be stressed about it.  Apart from the fact that I've had a very bad week and my food diary doesn't look good at all  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.