Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,241 to 29,260 of 31,454 messages
09/08/2012 at 11:27

Morning all

TST, you had me laughing out loud thinking we'll be super fit for Beachy and ready to go - more like just about hanging in there and quivering with fright on the start line!  As for eating raw - you'd be great at it - I reckon you've got to have a bit of an addictive personality to do well on it - and lets face it whether its booze, food or sport most of us on here have that   As for the running - better to take whatever time it needs to get better rather than go too soon and end up nobbling yourself for good - as they all say 'slowly slowly catchy monkey 

I've got the Horizon programme recorded, must have a look, it sounds interesting but nothing new really.

HTF - how are you getting on with the book?

Have a lovely day everyone and enjoy the sunshine 

No migraine so far today, bit of a bad head last night but it passed without developing into a migraine.  I reckon I'm over the worst of the initial detoxing bit now, I actually feel pretty good today and am looking forward to running club tonight  (maybe the smiley should be a ) I'm tired because I haven't had much quality sleep over the past few nights but an early night and lots of fruity stuff should sort that out 

Cinders  - you're only asking me the name of that race cos you want to snigger again - it's TITSEY 10K are you coming to join us 

09/08/2012 at 11:41
09/08/2012 at 13:09

Glad you are migraine free today SL.  Are you taking KC to running club tonight as well?  How has she been over the last few days?

Nah, the raw eating isn't for me, it's just not my thing.  I'm a chef at heart, even if I can't do it any more, and what I love is not just the cooking but the whole process of creating a dish from inception through shopping and cooking to eating.  If you took that away from me life wouldn't be worth living!  I think everyone has their way they deal with food and what suits them, you just have to work out what works for you.

09/08/2012 at 15:07

Were you a chef TST?  Why did you stop?

Thanks SL.  I'll chat with Mr C and see.  I'd like to do it.  Still sniggering at the name

Hope you get to running club later too

Just applied for 2 jobs, fingers crossed now I hear something. 

09/08/2012 at 19:24

What jobs have you applied for Cinders?

TST - I hate shopping for and cooking food.  This diet thing should work out well, but I really do fancy eating something hot!!

SL - Enjoying the book.  He makes valid and convincing facts as to why we are not natural meat eaters and have more in common with the apes.  However, can't help thinking of the adage, adapt or die.  Apes are still in the trees, or zoos, and I am typing on a laptop.  

Feel a lot less tired today, and played tennis this morning.  Have to try and eat some salad for tea.  Would taste a whole lot better with mayo!

09/08/2012 at 21:53

I can't stand shopping for  food/meals in the supermarket but I do love going to a market and choosing lots of fruit, I've always been like that, it's so hard to resist when you see it all out on the stalls.  I've never enjoyed cooking, it was always something that had to be done to eat but I don't have to do it anymore - no wonder I like my raw fruit so much 

I know what you mean about adaptation/evolution HTF, I just reckon as a species we've gone too far so are now harming ourselves - no other animal species gets the age related degenerative illnesses we do unless they're in captivity .    Roy bought home some freshly baked bread rolls at luncthime and I really fancied one but didn't give in and had some nuts instead because I needed stodge right there and then,  I wish I hadn't though as I couldn't stop doing big mens belches  and they made me feel sluggish 

I didn't get to running club in the end, I was so tired by 6pm and little 'en wasn't well and had a headache, I'll get some sleep in so I don't collapse when I do get there!

10/08/2012 at 11:15

Morning all, and what a lovely sunny one it is .  KC's at the stables till 2pm so I'm going to take it easy and lie in the sun for a bit after I've done the paperwork I didn't do last night.

Cinders, I saw on fb you've got an interview, is it for the one at your friends place?

I got to see that programme last night, very interesting but I couldn't fast if I tried!  I saw the blokes breakfast with the berries and apple peel and was thinking 'chuck some bananas in it'.  Hopefully I'll get the same results without limiting my calories at all.

Hope everyone's having a good day and enjoying the sunshine x

10/08/2012 at 12:34

Agree SL, beauty of a day.  Enjoy your r &r!

3 miles done this morning on the tread, stopped twice to get some a drink, but 3 miles still done!

Hubby back tonight, so have to whizz round looking like I have been busy for the last 3 days!

10/08/2012 at 13:49

Enjoy your rest SL

Well done on the run HTF   Good luck with the whizzing around lol

It's for a part-time Accounts Assistant at the local Peugeot garage doing the same job I left at the Renault garage to have Thomas!  Waiting to hear about the friends' job.  So nervous and none of my old work clothes fit so either a drastic diet before Tues or to buy some more for the interview

10/08/2012 at 18:55

I've been lazy today and done bugger all, most enjoyable 

Not so enjoyable was for some reason I decided to eat a scone, I was getting one for kc's snack and just ate it and boy am I paying for it.  I had pain within minutes and still have it and felt sick and thought I was going to have an upset stomach.  It hasn't happened yet but it's going too   Who'd have thought one little scone could make me feel so ill   Serves me right 

If you get this job will it be just a couple of days a week like the other one Cinders?  Good excuse to get some new clothes 

Well done on the run HTF, more than I've managed for a few weeks 

What's everyone doing this weekend?

10/08/2012 at 21:11

Was it the wheat in the scone SL?  Sounds like a very quick reaction.  Hope you feel better soon from it.

This one is 4 mornings a week, same hours as the other though.  It's the sorting of holiday child care that will be a pain!

A run this weekend would be nice

10/08/2012 at 21:19

I don't know Cinders - it's likely that it was the wheat but it could just be because I've been eating natural unadulterated food then had something cooked and processed.  Still in agony and needing to be sick but it's not coming up 

A run this weekend might be a miracle for me 

10/08/2012 at 22:36
What do u mean u ate a scone!!!!
11/08/2012 at 10:01

4 miles done this morning across the common.  2 massive mozzie bites on my legs though.  Not an attractive look.

Hope everyone is feeling great this morning.  Already watched our first gold medal.  

Off to do some gardening!

p.s - my legs are back

11/08/2012 at 10:43

Yay HTF   You'll be the fit one at Beachy then   I will get out for a run this weekend!

Watching the diving at the mo....

Hope you're feeling better this morning SL. 

11/08/2012 at 19:03

Spoke to Mr C and he's ok for Titsey *snigger* so will try and enter over the weekend

11/08/2012 at 19:26
Great stuff cinders
12/08/2012 at 14:34

Yay, we'll all get together at last - I've run with both you lovely ladies but not in the same race 

Yes HTF - I ate a scone and boy have I paid for it, still peuking up yesterday and had a detox migraine - just when I'd got over them all, I was calling myself some very bad names Friday night!  Good news about the legs, I was feeling almost ready but set myself back by my own stupidity.  Have you had any cooked food, if you haven't don't be tempted - I made myself really ill 

Just saw on fb that Spence did the North Downs 50 Ultra - good man!

We had a fantastic day yesterday, me & kc went to the most fantastic wedding reception ever - I let hubby stay at home to build the retaining wall in the garden so I can carry on with it .

It was held in a field with lovely woods next to it and ponds/lakes all around.  There was a marquee  but the weather was so nice everyone was outside listening to music.  We all bought our own picnics or barbeques (bananas, watermelon & dates for me) and people just chilled out in the sun.  The bride was one of my son's friends since he was 13 and she's in a band with her hubby so there were lots of musical people there and in the evening the band did a few songs then all the musician mates just got up when they wanted and jammed.  

The woods were all lit up in the evening with tea lights and strings of lights in tubes - just magical, and instead of maing normal swings in the trees they used armchairs and sofas plus there were two treehouses.  One of them was the 'bridal suite' and was like a posh hotel room inside with an en-suite - about 50ft up in the air!  

The dress code was 'vintage glamour' and most people made a really good effort so lots of girls in floaty flowery dresses and gents in hats and braces, it was so so good, most people were drinking but no one was stupid drunk.  I went to a wedding reception at a golf club last month, she'd spent a bloody fortune doing it all 'properly' and it wasn't nearly as good as this one 

This was the invite incase you didnt see it last time www.the-vibes.co.uk/wedding and this was the venue.

http://www.weddingvenues.com/venue5031.html

Apart from that I ended up with another peuking migraine last night, still the fallout from Friday.

Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine again today x

12/08/2012 at 18:57

Sounds an amazing reception SL.  Can't get the link to work but remember you talking about the invite before.  Sounds like she really got the day she and the groom wanted

No running here, made the most of the weather and been down the beach  

12/08/2012 at 20:47

Double bonus there SL, a good day out, and hubby doing jobs.

Cinders - move your arse!

No running here, but fully expect to get out tomorrow.  London was fab today with such a special atmosphere.  Will try and get tickets for the paralympics.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.