Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,261 to 29,280 of 31,274 messages
12/08/2012 at 21:09

I've been a lazy git today and done nothing but in my defense I have had a headache today - still paying for that bloody scone 

Sounds like you had a great day HTF even with the nose bleed 

I'd have been at the beach too if I had one near Cinders  It's been a gorgeous day hasn't it Cinders.

Try googling whetsted farm weddings and you should see some piccys of the place

12/08/2012 at 22:40

ps - have a look at my fb wall, my daughter posted a short video of her mates swinging in the armchairs in the woods - gives you a feel for the day 

12/08/2012 at 23:18

Will have a look SL

Been gorgeous and my face is glowing!  Watching the closing ceremony now, it's a bit bonkers!

13/08/2012 at 11:42

I missed half of it but got the last hour - not really sure it was worth staying up for, the opening was better - apart from Sir Macca .  I've just dropped kc off at athletics club for the start of the Startrack week - wish I could chill today but got to do mega clean up for social worker coming early tomorrow morning, it's my supervision, they say it's to support me but I wish they'd just sod off a let me get on with it, if I need help I'll ask for it 

What's everyone up to today?  And where are Yeo, ST, Apps et al?

13/08/2012 at 19:26

Hi all.   Hope we are all well.   I pop in now and again to give you an update.

19 months booze and ciggie free now.   Been a bit depressed recently but still managed to do 7 marathons and 2 ultras so far this year.   Completed North Downs Way 50 on Saturday in 12 hours.   Think I could do that in under 10 next year.

13/08/2012 at 19:55

Fantastic going Spen on all fronts - inspirational  

Oh well, today didn't go as planned, I took kc to athletics then went to the supermarket.  There was a message waiting for me when I got home saying she wouldn't join in and kept running off out of the field so they asked me to take her home.  When I got there she'd joined in something and calmed down so they said seh could stay but she had to behave.  Within an hour of getting home I got another call, she'd been running off again and punching and kicking people   So  back I went again, the head coach said she was in the reception area sitting on the sofa but she wasn't there so I spent half an hour searching a blooming great field for her.  She found me in the end, she was gutted that she had to come home and really wanted to stay, she thought it was me making her so I put her right and said that it was the coaches who'd said she can't stay and went on a bit about punching people etc.  It would have been easy to let her veg infront of the tele all afternoon but I said she couldn't do that or the laptop and she finally entertained herself.  Oh well, my unpeaceful day was pretty hectic in the end and the rest of the week won't be much better now, especially as the weather's turned and I can't even chuck her out into the garden - There's a nice thunder storm going on now, lightening and all 

I've stuck to my raw food all day and had 2700 cals, no migraines, headache or sickness - I reckon that scone's worked it's way through 

14/08/2012 at 08:13

Hi Guys!  I'm back!  Cyprus was wonderful - extremely hot but I didn't go there for rain!  Managed to keep on track with my GNR training schedule - 42 miles over 10 runs in 16 days so managed to burn a few calories too!  As for the booze - well I didn't get drunk but we did have wine with most meals.  That was then.... holiday's over now so I'm back to not drinking at home.  I seem to be able to manage that - I don't think I'll ever give up booze completely but am happy with the control I now have over it rather than it has over me.

Back to fat club tomorrow - don't think it'll be too bad as I only had 3 icecreams all the time I was out there - and those were on the days after I'd finished that week's training schedule so I figured I earned them.  Not bad going considering that the icecream van visits the complex every day.

Missed most of the Olympics - did manage to see Mo Farah in the 10k though.  The locals thought I was some kind of loonie screaming at the tv!  Watched the closing ceremony but have yet to watch the opening ceremony.  I thought it was just me that didn't think the closing ceremony was all that.

Hope you're all well - can't pretend that I'm going to read back over the posts - my 19 year old managed to save me some washing and ironing to return to and I have a 4.5 mile run to do this morning.  Have fun everyone

14/08/2012 at 09:28

Welcome back Trigger, great holiday running

Well done spen, fab going

Hope today is calmer SL.  Is she allowed back next time for athletics?

Got an interview at 11am and I feel totally  

14/08/2012 at 10:15

Good luck Cinders - fingers crossed xx

14/08/2012 at 11:46

All done, phew.  In and out in 10 mins, don't know if that's good or bad.  Tripped down the steps on the way out, oops!

yeo
14/08/2012 at 13:05

Everything crossed, Cinders. At least you didn't trip over on the way in!

Welcome home, Trigger.  It sounds like you've found a happy balance that works for you re drinking, that's good to hear.

Sorry to hear you've not been too good after that scone, SL, pesky little blighters that they are. Shame too about KC and the athletics club, but you're obviously making her aware that her actions have consequences, I hope the message sinks in eventually.

Hi Spen, and brilliantly done carrying on despite the depression, which would obviously be a lot worse if you were boozing and not exercising.

I've got two days off, and I'm wondering what I did with my time before the Olympics.  They did take over my life, but I'm not at all sorry, I think I enjoyed every minute that I was able to watch.

Work is a bit silly at the moment. The cafe should have opened yesterday, but didn't mainly due to lack of food, and also we haven't worked out how to work the till yet.  Hopefully it's opened today, we got as ready as we could last night.  The powers that be still don't realise that the staffing level in the cafe is totally unworkable, and that we stand little chance of opening the activity centre side until that is resolved.  I'm just glad I'm still doing 3 days a week good old-fashioned domiciliary care to keep me grounded.

Right, lunch-time, then I'm going to look at trainers on-line...

14/08/2012 at 16:15

Trainers Yeo - what do want some of those for 

Sounds like some fundamental cock ups with the cafe/activity centre - no food 

fingers crossed Cinders, when will you find out?

Welcome back Trigger, sounds a lovely holiday - shame about the laundry but probably not unexpected - is he house trained- despite my best efforts and my kids insisting they'd had a thorough clean up I still had to do it all 

I think KC's learn the lesson the very hard way - she really wanted to do it, she's been as good as gold today (so far)

14/08/2012 at 17:16

Ditto, no food at the new cafe   That's not a good start Yeo, nor the lack of staff!

Hope she keeps up the good behaviour SL

Should find out in about a week.  They did seem friendly, much more so than the old garage I worked for.  They even have the bosses dog in the office

15/08/2012 at 10:59

Welcome home Trigger.  Sounds like you had a great time!  Massive well done on keeping up the running - respect.

Exciting stuff Cinders.  Will keep my fingers crossed.  Either way, its good experience though.  

Yeo - words fail me.  Did you order any trainers?

SL - hope KC is still behaving herself.  How goes things with you?  Are you a skinny bitch yet?

15/08/2012 at 11:38

Morning HTF and all

How is the raw food going HTF and SL?  I can only dream of being a *skinny bitch*

Packing here, taking the camper out for a few days from tomorrow to a Balloon Festival (hot air ones) in Northampton.  Hoping for some ok weather

yeo
15/08/2012 at 20:20

Have fun, Cinders. I hope the weather changes, round here today the only direction the balloons would have gone is sideways.

I haven't bought the trainers yet, still looking for black ones. At the moment I'm using my running ones for work, but I need black shoes in the new place.  I have to really wear trainers if I'm on my feet for any time as I've had plantar fasciitis in the past, and wearing respectable shoes does my feet in.  So if I get black trainers for work, who knows what that will free up my other ones for?

The lack of food for the cafe wasn't quite as chaotic as it sounds. The plan for Monday wasn't to open at 9am, but to wait for the food delivery, prep it, and then open once we we ready.  But first thing the boss decided that we still had too much to do, so to stop getting stressed we decided not to open at all.  As it happened the food didn't arrive until 12 noon, so we wouldn't have been able to open anyway.

Hopefully it's opened by now, but I confess to not being in touch the last couple of days, so I'll find out on Friday.

Tomorrow I'm visiting for the first time a client who lives next door to my Mum's old place!  I'm not sure how I'll feel about that, it could be a bit weird.

15/08/2012 at 21:06

Evening all

Lol HTF,  still doing well eating raw still 2st away from being a skinny bitch    Hopefully it'll come soon.  How's your raw food going?

KC was an angel yesterday but has been more of a devil child today 

Ooh, a balloon festival sounds great Cinders, it's supposed to be fantastic weather this weekend so take your sunnies 

*****NEWSFLASH******

I'VE BEEN FOR A RUN   We both went to running/athletics club last night, kc peed herself when we arrived - nervous I suppose - but wanted to stay to do high jump so I had take her home to change.  The runners had left by the time I got back so I went out and did 3 miles on my own while she flung herself onto some huge mats over a ropey thing 

I'd had a really lovely day right till the night time, got a call from my son saying 'don't worry mum but.............. so of course I worried but secretly thinking it's never as bad as you imagine when someone says that.  Then he said he'd just gone to meet his girlfriend from work when he had a strange fit in the loo, was jerking around banging his head on the floor but couldn't do anything about it.  He didn't think he needed to call an ambulance so I went straight over and took him myself.  They did loads of tests and they all came back normal, the doctor said he hadn't had a proper fit, it was some kind of fainting.  Poor sod's all battered and bruised as he fell face down, his tooth went through his lip, he's got a cut eyebrow, bashed up knee and a huge lump out of his nose with a big bump on it then when he lifted his top up for an ECG he'd bruised right across his chest.  He still feels dazed and not well today 

yeo
15/08/2012 at 21:22

Oh lordy, that sounds alarming SL. I do hope he's ok.  Any idea what triggered the fainty thing?

15/08/2012 at 23:54

Hi Yeo, no idea at all, he'd had a couple of beers with his dinner, hadn't puffed any herbal cigerettes  (he only smokes them a little bit - thankfully!)  He's been off work for a fortnight and went back Monday, he was fine, walked from his house to meet his girlfriend at work and started feeling unwell why he was there.  Sweating buckets and a bit dizzy so went to the loo to splash his face then just went dizzy and passed out.  When he came to he was on the floor, knew he was bashing his head and jerking but couldnt' move or get up.  He went all tingly all over then his hand went into spasm and he couldn't move his fingers.  I was worried he'd had a mini stroke or something like that but apparently he's fine, just had a weird blip.  How are you anyway?

yeo
16/08/2012 at 07:32

Hmmmm, sounds like he needs keeping an eye on, and maybe seeking medical attention when he starts to feel weird?

I'm fine ta, though feeling curiously apprehensive about visiting my Mum's old place (see a couple of posts above).

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.