Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,321 to 29,340 of 31,577 messages
28/08/2012 at 11:14

((( HTF ))) Any chance of changing job?

19....we've already whizzed to 4 1/2 already, where does that time go?

28/08/2012 at 11:24

Morning everyone   Been a busy bee doing lots of digging over the lottie at the weekend; loving my new fork that my friend bought for us as a 'thank you for having me to stay' present and it's making getting the horses tail and pesky grass much easier to get out   Once I can work out how to download the bloomin' photos from my phone I'll put a couple up!

Sorry to hear about the problems with your son Trigger   Having no kids myself I don't feel in a postition to advise, can say that in no way would my Mum have tollerated that kind of behaviour from any of us kids.  Much as I have big issues with Mum there is no way in the world I would have spoken to her like that.  Hope you sort things out with him. 

Yes Cinders, the arthritis is from breaking my wrist.  Well, and my arm.  I've snapped my radius in half, dislocating it at the radial head (near the elbow), put a 2" break up the bone in my ulna, minorly fractured the carpels (small bones nearest your hand) and then the last time I stapped both the radius and ulna in two whilst breaking the radius into three pieces near my wrist.   Funnily enough only the last one really hurt when I did it!!  I was off work for six months after the last one and that's also why I gave up being a chef, the hospital said they couldn't be sure it wouldn't give way under the working conditions in a kitchen when you are carrying large pans of things around and that would be dangerous.  As you can see, if I'm doing to do something there are no half measures!!

When do you pick up the car SL?  Can't see what you're getting as they've obviously removed it from their website now! 

So what sort of adventure do you fancy HTF?  Maybe we could run away and do the Inca Trail or something! 

28/08/2012 at 12:28

HTF it was very hard not to slap him I can tell you!

He just keeps on saying he'll "sort things out" and that he "needs space".  Total claptrap - sounds like an excuse to be stroppy.  I've told him this morning that he can't carry on like this and the sooner that he finds a job and moves out then the better since I don't want him making our lives a misery.  He's sat in his room now with the door shut.

Wow TST you certainly don't do things by halves do you!  Am surprised you can still dig over an allotment.

Gosh the spiralizer sounds amazing.

Brilliant sunshine here today - am psyching myself up for the 5 miles - probably go after lunch now - you watch it'll probably chuck it down then

28/08/2012 at 13:43

Silly question 'Cinders, of course I don't cook the veggies, raw 'spaghetti' is really good and somehow you can eat more of it than if you were just munching a cucumber.carrot etc.  

HTF, do you have to work, I'm so skint I have to   Could you give it up and do some voluntary stuff when you fancied it then go adventuring inbetween   How much raw % are you eating now, I've had loads of cooked slip ups but am still doing ok overall.  Are you up for the September challenge too ......................

You might be able to see the car here TST http://www.adtrader.co.uk/south-east/east-sussex/st-leonards-on-sea/cars/cars-for-sale/kia-carens-2-0-crdi-le-5dr-2006-56-reg/a1609704448b4b8e96f4440df13da4fa?keywords=kia%20carens  it's one of the ad sites rather than the place itself.  

I must say you seem somewhat accident prone, all those broken bones, I've cracked some bones in my foot and my finger once but never broken a big bone (and never want to either 

Trigger - there are lots of jobs out there for young people, I;m not saying it's easy but he could get a job if he tried - they just can't be choosy that's all.  My daughter ended up working on the dustbins for a while till she got this job - and she loved it!

All kids can be lovely and horrible - however old they get!  My baby's 22 on Thursday and the miserable old man is 53 on Friday.  We're going to London to do the tourist bit, I've got tickets for the river boat so we'll go by train to Greenwich Pier, travel up the river to the Tower and have a look round there then back on the boat to westminster and take a stroll to Buck Hse. After that we'll see what the day brings and where we fancy going.  We're doing it for kc- we wouldn't bother and hubby would rather spend the day in the pub if he's honest but she's never been to the tower or seen Buckingham Palace etc.  She'll love it

I'm so tired today, I can't wait to get my jab tomorrow and I'm going to ask if I can have them fortnightly 

28/08/2012 at 13:44

You have the patience of a saint trigger - good luck with the run.  Same thing happens to me when I put the washing out!

The time Cinders goes very fast.

TST - can you imagine.  We probably wouldn't get further than the bar at Heathrow, security would be called........

28/08/2012 at 13:57

Crossed posts with you there SL.  

No hubby always tells me to just quit, and finacially we would be okay, but thats lazy, and self centred, and its not like we don't have a mortgage!

Trying to get back on the raw wagon.  Wish we didn't have to eat at all and just take a pill - would be so much easier.  When do you pick the car up?

We are off to London too, on Saturday, we're Off to see The Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.  Just have to sing that.  Then supper out, before heading home.  Told  the youngest that the flying monkeys used to scare the cr@p out of me when I was a kid, but he looked at me as if I was nuts.

28/08/2012 at 14:42

Lol HTF, the monkeys scared the life out of me too!  Why would it be lazy to stop work if you don't have to do it - lets face it almost half of what you earn goes to the bloody government anyway.  Spend some time being lazy and selfish - why shouldn't you, you've only got one life, no point spending it being miserable   I think we should get on our bikes and cycle somewhere hot, forget airports just bikes and ferries.  I wonder how far we could get (assuming we weren't knackered every day).  I'd still love to do a road trip around Europe, get my camper going and set off - east towards Italy and Greece, west to Spain and Portugal, maybe a trip across the water to Algiers and a pootle round Africa - makes a change from them all coming over here 

ps - the same thing just happened to me when I put the washing out!

28/08/2012 at 15:52

Ooh SL - wouldn't that be lovely.  If we got knackered we could hop on a train!  It would be like running away from home, I may never come back.....

On a sad note of reality, my washing is dry, how boring is that - it is now ironing.

28/08/2012 at 18:22

I fancy buying this, I think it would make a good escape vehicle:

http://www.humphreysfoulkes.co.uk/cgi-bin/vehicle_sales.pl?ref=250

28/08/2012 at 19:26

Stick a roof rack on it HTF and we're away  - my washing is dry too but it won't be seeing an iron any time soon 

28/08/2012 at 19:27

Managed to stay dry and even managed to do the 5 miles!

Son has taken himself off out again.  OH is working late so I'm here on my own.  Wished I'd known and I would have delayed my run and spent the afternoon in the garden.

HTF would it be an option for you to go part-time if you didn't want to give up work completely?

Hope you enjoy your weekends.  SL if you get the chance to join one of the beefeater's tours of the tower please do.  We did that a while ago and he actually seemed to bring the place alive.  Didn't cost anything apart from a tip at the end.  The Wizard sounds great too - have fun.

28/08/2012 at 19:33

Agree with trigger, go on the tour.  We had this guy and he was just the best.  Not sure he still has his job though.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-youtube-yeoman-becomes-comedy-star-41809

28/08/2012 at 21:13

Room for one more in the escape truck?

Enjoy your London trips both of you, hope KC has a fab time too.

My washing isn't dry....cos I've only just done it and.....it had running kit in it

28/08/2012 at 21:58

Oooh running kit Cinders - now you are just showing off!

Well done

28/08/2012 at 23:19

Lol, does *shuffling on a treddie kit* sound better?

Felt good though

29/08/2012 at 11:23

A run is a run Cinders - well done!

What a difference a day makes.  Still don't know what the issues are with my son but he seems to have come out of it.  He returned home at about 9pm with a can of monster drink (similar to red bull), sat down in the lounge and started to talk/grunt with me.  He's agreed to come out shopping this afternoon - it's not going to be too exciting but at least it's a start?

Rest day for me - no running - hoorah!  Fat club tonight though

29/08/2012 at 12:03

I'm expecting to find moth holes in my kit when it finally see's light again   I've had my jab so should be feeling better in a day or two.  KC's a poorly girl today, don't know whats up with her but she's pasty, lethargic (still can't sit still though) and has a headache, no temperature though.  She's almost as hard work as hubby when she's not feeling well - muuuuuuum, can I have this/that/etc. every few minutes.  Still, at least she can describe feeling unwell now, she didn't used to be able to, she used to hit and scream not understanding why she felt rough!

Monster sounds an appropriate drink for your lad Trigger , at least he's grunting at you now - small improvements eh!   Keep your purse tightly shut in your bag, he's probably going to try to appeal to your softer side.  Good luck at fat club, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Oooh - running Cinders - what was it like, do remind me 

I like the idea of having the beefeater tour but is it vegan 

29/08/2012 at 16:21

Afternoon everyone

I've always wanted to go to the Tower of London, looks well exciting!  I've kind of even nearly got Mr TST to agree, so long as we go when it's not full height tourist season as he can't cope with crowds.  Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your trip SL.

Glad your son is behaving a bit better Trigger, hope it lasts

*waves to Cinders and HTF*

Well I've done something exciting/stupid today!  I've entered a 40k cycle event in Cheshire!!  Not sure how clever it is for a lady from flat Norfolk to by cycling in Cheshire, but it says it's undulating and designed for beginners so should be ok.  I'm doing it with a friend who is hiring a bike for the day and has never riden a geared bike before so we'll have a great giggle if nothing else and we'll just walk up the hills if necessary!  Normally I wouldn't do something like this but my friend said she'd entered it and it happens to be not far from Macclesfield and we happen to be visiting Mr TST's Mum in Macclesfield that very weekend.  Would have been rude to ignore fate and not doing it!!

So am now feeling in a rather bouyant mood!  Also have a girlie night out on Friday with the girls from running club - if they can remember who I am  - which is both exciting and scary as it's the first time I've been out without Andy, but they are a lovely bunch and I'm sure it will be fine.  Think there are a couple of others who aren't drinking so I should be ok.  A big step in my recovery though, going out on my own in a strange town without the back up of Andy

30/08/2012 at 09:10

Morning

When's the bike ride TST?  Sounds exciting and hope you enjoy your girlie night out on Friday too  

How is KC today SL, is she feeling any better?  She's come along way if she can now communicate feeling ill.

When are you off to London for the day?

How are you feeling today HTF?

Thomas' last day in nursery today, I blubbed on the drop off.  Going to make the most of today.  Being taken out for lunch and hoping to go out in a min for an amble......before the rain comes!

Wonder how Yeo and Apps are....

30/08/2012 at 09:21

Morning everyone

The bike ride is on 7 October Cinders, so a few weeks to get back in the saddle so to speak!  It'll be a nice easy pottle though which will be nice and hopefully she will enjoy it enough to think about coming over to the Dark Side as she calls triathlon!  Just hope the weather is nice for us as if it's cold, wet and windy it won't be so enjoyable and my feet always seem to get cold really quickly in my bike shoes no matter how many pairs of socks I put on    Am still really excited about going though, and just need to call Mr TST's mum and tell her I've kinda high-jacked a day when we are there, although she loved coming to watch me swim and run when she came here so am sure she'll be excited about coming to watch me do a cycle.

Was Thomas excited that it was his last day?  Have they got special things planned for the children who are moving on to school? (I assume he's going on to school!)  Being taken out for lunch sounds just the tonic!

I am feeling rather pleased with myself today, have just made it through the last two days at work with the most amazing homebaked biscuits in the kitchen and I didn't have one   I know they are amazing as I had about four on Friday  but really kicked in with a drive to cut out the crap over the weekend and am now on day 5 of no rubbish and eating properly!   Admittedly this was partly fueled by the fact I see the dietician in 3 weeks and currently have probably got fatter than I was but, hey-ho, who cares so long as it's kicked my motivation in!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.