Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,341 to 29,360 of 31,655 messages
02/09/2012 at 08:34

Morning

Wonder how trigger got on at the fancy dress party!

Off to go and marshall the Thanet Marathon in a bit

Have a good day all

02/09/2012 at 19:45

Evening all

Cinders, I saw on fb that Plodding Hippo did Thanet today, did you see her?  Green coconuts are just young coconuts with the shell on, if you smash the outer green shell off the brown husk is underneath. The inside is just coconut water and jelly as the hard bit you're used to hasn't formed yet - and they are lovely lovely lovely 

I'm still paying for the burger and chips on Friday, not a migraine but a banging headache and a bit of a dodgy belly.  I've used some of my oranges to make juice, they're so big (almost 12 inches round!) that it only took 10 to make 2 litres - that's an easy 1000 cals   Managed to stay all raw today despite hubby doing a roast for him and kc and the neighbours barbequing something garlicky!

How's everyone else been today?

03/09/2012 at 07:05

Morning all - getting ready for work I am   A new school year and a new Headteacher too - help!

Managed my 10 miles yesterday despite not getting to bed until 1.30 in the morning.  Am now tapering until GNR so hopefully things will be a lot easier.

Hope you all had good weekends

03/09/2012 at 08:23

Morning

Hope all goes ok today Trigger at work and with the new head.

Yes, I did see her SL and shouted Hippo out to her but she probably didn't have a clue who I was.

We are off to Butlins for 2 days, very, very last minute break in term time as Thomas doesn't start school till next week.

Hope everyone's Mondays go ok

03/09/2012 at 11:24

Morning everyone

Hope you're feeling better after your burger SL.  Would they not have just done you a big bowl of salad at the restaurant?  Fruit boxes sound a bargin and that's great that you've found another raw person close to you. 

Aw bless Cinders!  How was Thomas about it being his last day at nursery?  Have fun on your few days away

Well done on the 10 miler Trigger   How was the party?

Sounds like things are going much better than expected with the cafe Yeo!  Hopefully you will get some more cafe staff now and will be able to concentrate on what you are really there for.  Good luck with the grand opening today!

Well I've had a busy weekend!  It was my first night out without Mr TST there for support on Friday, but it all went ok.  Was out with the girls from the running club, who I've only really seen once since I was injured and some of them I'd not even met, so was a bit scary.  They were all lovely though and three others weren't drinking as they were either driving or pregnant so that really helped.  We had food and drinks round one of the girls houses, and I tried to stick with healthy choices although one of them had made the most amazing chocolate and toffee cookies and I had two of those   They were truely amazing though, the whole room went totally quiet and all you could hear was 'mmmmm' noises while we were eating them!!  Then we went to the pub for a drink where there was a lady singer on and we all danced and sang our hearts out!  Was a good night and another milestone for me too

Have done loads of stuff down the allotement too; dug another bit of the mare's tail and couch grass infested bit on Saturday and then on Sunday dug over a bit up the other end to put our new greenhouse on!    A friend has offered me a 6' x 8' one for £60 and they'll deliver it and help me put it up too!  Am so excited it's ridiculous!   Have dug over a space 10' x just under 6' so far so just need to finish that off this evening.  It's going at the end where some of the carrots are, so spend a while yesterday afternoon going round the neighbours and giving them all loads of carrots!  The ones that are too small to eat and all the tops I've brought in for one of the staff who has a pony which will happily chomp them all up.  Am really getting into my lottie now I can actually see some progress with it, really can't wait for next year when I've set it all out and sprouted my own seeds and have tomatoes and stuff growing in my greenhouse, it's going to be awesome!

03/09/2012 at 12:09

Great work at the lottie TST and well done on going out and having a booze free good time 

Hope work is good today Trig and you get on ok with the new Headteacher, kc doesn't go back till Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measures, she's already getting nervous about it so I've asked one of her class mates round to play today, just so she can remember what playing with them is like!  The SENCO and everyone else involved with her have had a meeting and are putting stricter boundaries in place for her - she needs them, it's not fair on the rest of the kids if she decides she's going walkabout or getting angry etc. then not appearing to have any consequences for it. - We'll see how it goes 

Have you met Hipps before Cinders, she's a nice lady.  Have fun at Butlins - which one are you going to?

Is it back to school for you too HTF?

I'm going out to tackle the garden a bit now - hubby has built the wall up but needs to do the side to finish it off - that was my fault I said I'd have a fence but overlooked the fact that it's going to be built up a bit higher so it wouldn't work - doh.

I don't know what's happened to my eye, it started hurting Friday night and by Saturday it was puffy and swollen and I could feel a lump below the lower eye rim but inside.  Yesterday it looked like I'd been punched in the eye when I woke up - black and red right down to the cheekbone, I bathed it in warm salt water all day and it was a bit better this morning so I've carried on doing the same.  Hopefully it'll be gone soon but it's still really swollen and the lumps still there - yesterday I looked like I'd done 10 rounds with Tyson, today I look like Quasimodo's sister!

Hope you're all having a good day today x

04/09/2012 at 06:33

Morning peeps

Back to school here too.  Be back later if I am still awake.

04/09/2012 at 09:16
Morning

We're in Bognor Regis SL

How's your eye today? Any idea what caused it?

Good luck back at school today HTF

Result there TST on the greenhouse
04/09/2012 at 12:13

Morning Cinders - the eye's much better thanks, still swollen and bruised but the lump is smaller - no idea what caused it.  Enjoy Bognor x

05/09/2012 at 14:39

Afternoon everyone

How's the eye today SL?  Any idea what's caused it yet?

How is everyone dealing with being back to school/having the little ones back at school?  Seems rather quiet although I guess Cinders is still enjoying her mini-break

I have physio tomorrow   Was stressing about it a bit yesterday but am feeling more pro-active today and if I can't run then I need to get my fat butt back on my pushie ready for this cycling event next month, which Victoria Pendleton will also be doing by the way!   Am up to 10 x 8 seconds so far, and am going to seriously try and do 10 x 9 seconds tomorrow morning before I go; if I can manage that then I'm hopeful to be let out providing I still keep at the exercises! 

Only have 2 events left to do of my Olympic Challenge now, will do the short swim tonight and the dead lift tomorrow and then it's all complete!  And so far as I know I will be the only person, male or female, to even complete it!  Looks like a gold medal may be coming my way!!

05/09/2012 at 20:45

Wahay, our own Olympic  gold medallist, well done TST  Hope it goes well at the physio tomorrow x

The eye is much better thanks, there's still a lump under it by  the tear duct  but it's much smaller and doesn't hurt any more.

Kc had a good day at school, she was so nervous last night and this morning but the day passed with no incidents at all - phew!   I found out yesterday that I can't eat watermelon - although it's pretty much water and nutrients it's really potent and can give you a super detox if you're digestion isn't too strong - just lets say I got caught very short after eating it - thankfully I was at home, I'd have been stuffed and mightily embarassed if I'd been out 

HTF & Trigger, how's school going?

Hope everyone else has had a good day today x

05/09/2012 at 21:36

Back home, pooped, will read back.....

06/09/2012 at 08:22

Morning

Yay, well done TST, *Olympic* gold   Was that through your gym?  Good luck at the physio today.

Hope HTF and Trigger got on well at school.  Thomas doesn't start till next Thursday.

How are you feeling today SL after the melon?

Had a fab time at Butlins.  Highlight for me was taking time out to use their spa facility and they had a snow cave.....a room at -16 complete with snow.  We had a snowball fight   Then it was back into the hot tub

06/09/2012 at 10:48

Blimey Cinders - Bognor's changed since I last went there .  Why would anyone want a snow cave when they could have heat 

I had a bit of a flare up yesterday after the melon, pain all day long not helped by nicking K's leftovers off her plate   At least I didn't have any more embarrasing toilet incidents   Sticking to bananas today!

06/09/2012 at 10:53

Morning!!!   I can run again!!! 

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/bounce!.gif?width=350

Well, run/walk, but it means I can get out and start progressing   I still have to do my leg lift exercises every day and carry on with the others, but I can mix them about and don't have to do them every day.  I also have a load of core exercises to do, but again I don't have to do them all every day.  I have approval to do the RW old 5k plan (I don't like the new one so had to search back to find the old one from 2002!) and just need to be sensible and pay attention to what is happening with my knee and make sure my form is good.  She has discharged me so all should be well as long as I don't go silly.  Need to bear in mind that the VLM may still be a walk/run affair, I just need to see how things go and I'll get to the start line so long as I don't start increasing mileage too fast. 

That's not good about the watermelon SL   As you say, at least it was good you were at home!  Glad the eye is feeling better.

Am well jealous about your trip to the snow cave Cinders!  That'd be amazing!!

06/09/2012 at 15:59

Fantastic news TST, I bet you can' twait to get going now   Just follow some good training plans and you'll increase the mileage sensibly so less likely to get injured.

yeo
06/09/2012 at 20:11

Great news, TST!  I've been following your lottie news with great interest too.

I hope all affected by the return to school survive, whether as staff, parents, or pupils if we have any of the bottle of cider behind the bike-sheds brigade amongst our lurkers.

I'm back in the new centre tomorrow.  In theory there should be enough cafe staff, but whether or not I'm helping in there largely depends on there being anything else for me to do.  And that depends on whether our Grand Opening and open day has actually produced any client referrals.

The day went ok after all, a ribbon was cut by the Chairman, in the absence of any Stoke City players or other celebs. There were other Board members there, and I was smiling benignly at them until I remembered that them's the bastards wot have cut my pay.  Fetch your own f*cking canapes I thought.

07/09/2012 at 10:20

Quick drop in as work is mental today as I'm off again next week, going to Kent to visit my brother and meet up with an old friend I haven't seen since just after we left school! 

Managed 62.5k on my dead lift (even after lugging loads of paving slabs around beforehand) and even the instructor was impressed!  So I have now finally finished the Challenge and will be handing my card in to the lady that was organising it on Sunday.  Have taken a copy though as they are not very together at the leisure centre!  Greenhouse base going down tomorrow with the help of a mate as Mr TST is off to watch the bike racing, then greenhouse up in the afternoon.  Sunday I have a 'race'  which I will probably mostly walk, but will incorporate my first run/walk training session into I think. 

May not be on again until I get back from Kent (we go Monday and come back Thursday), so have a nice weekend one and all!

07/09/2012 at 10:27

Have a nice weekend TST, are you off somewhere nice in Kent?

Wow to the deadlift   Well done on finishing the challenge too

Must admit I laughed at your canapes comment Yeo

Got mum descending for the weekend, must get off and get organised.

Have a nice day all

07/09/2012 at 12:10

Where abouts in Kent are you going TST - Cinders and I are both in Kent but on at opposite ends.  

Good luck for Monday Yeo, must have been hard to stop yourself from telling the board members where to stuff the cananpes - I'm sure I'd have opened my gob and put my foot in it!

Oh no Cinders - have you told A&E that mum's coming on a visit 

KC's been sent home from school today - she hasn't done anything naughty but really couldn't engage, her head was in the wrong place and if she'd stayed she probably would have thumped someone.  Oh well, 2 days out of 3 isn't too bad a start.......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.