Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,341 to 29,360 of 31,390 messages
30/08/2012 at 09:21

Morning everyone

The bike ride is on 7 October Cinders, so a few weeks to get back in the saddle so to speak!  It'll be a nice easy pottle though which will be nice and hopefully she will enjoy it enough to think about coming over to the Dark Side as she calls triathlon!  Just hope the weather is nice for us as if it's cold, wet and windy it won't be so enjoyable and my feet always seem to get cold really quickly in my bike shoes no matter how many pairs of socks I put on    Am still really excited about going though, and just need to call Mr TST's mum and tell her I've kinda high-jacked a day when we are there, although she loved coming to watch me swim and run when she came here so am sure she'll be excited about coming to watch me do a cycle.

Was Thomas excited that it was his last day?  Have they got special things planned for the children who are moving on to school? (I assume he's going on to school!)  Being taken out for lunch sounds just the tonic!

I am feeling rather pleased with myself today, have just made it through the last two days at work with the most amazing homebaked biscuits in the kitchen and I didn't have one   I know they are amazing as I had about four on Friday  but really kicked in with a drive to cut out the crap over the weekend and am now on day 5 of no rubbish and eating properly!   Admittedly this was partly fueled by the fact I see the dietician in 3 weeks and currently have probably got fatter than I was but, hey-ho, who cares so long as it's kicked my motivation in!!

30/08/2012 at 11:12

KC is much better today thanks, she was really poorly all day but had a sudden recovery just before bed time   She still had a bad head and managed to get to sleep quickly despite trying to keep herself awake - shame she can't just relax at bed time 

Woop Woop TST - Bike race sorted and 5 days of good food, bet you're feeling good 

Cinders, now it's time for me to say it won't seem long before it's Thomas's first day at secondary school .  Be preared to be forever putting your hand in your pocket now he's at big school, you'll be amazed at how many things they want you to pay for, not to mention teh PTA's fund raising cake/book sales and charity walks/dances/silences - it's worth it for the last one!

We're off to London Tomorrow TST (or Trig- can't remember w)ho asked me that, it's on the last page .  My daughter Daisy is 22 today and hubby's birthday is tomorrow.  They'd be happy with a few (too many) beers at the local, we're only going to do the tourist thing for KC.  She saw a few of the sights when we took her to London for the psychotherapist but not much and it was just a whizz round.  We're going to Greenwich Pier by train, taking a boat to the tower, back on the boat to Westminster Pier, we'll have a stroll around there then make our way to Buckingham palace.  The weather should be good so we'll have a picnic for lunch then find somewhere nice to eat for dinner - so long as they'll do me a big salad I'll be fine food wise.

On the subject of raw food - I'm going to be brave and post some pics of my flabby belly   The really huge one was done on 3rd August, the rest are done this morning.  There's a definite 'reduction', which is amazing considering the least I've eaten is 2500 cals, sometimes over 3000 a day and I've hardly done any exercise.  It would have been much better if I hadn't slipped up so much, the last couple of weeks I've had a nibble of something cooked almost every day - mostly bread and butter which is weird as I wasn't a huge bread fan before!  Here's the link, hope it works.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101790539120481959790/20120830?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOWvt-HD8PCxigE&feat=directlink

30/08/2012 at 12:10

Crikey SL you're right there is a reduction - well done!

A good result at fat club - I lost 4lbs this week but I think that' mainly down to the fact that now we're back from our hols I haven't been drinking wine with my meals.  Am now in the position where I either have to put on a pound and a half to get back within the lower range of my target or reset my target.  Am not going to do anything until next week when it might have settled a bit.  Back to school on Monday and so back into the regular routine.

I read the post about keeping my purse shut too late.  He did but a tshirt whilst we were out (I paid) but when he got home he offered up the money.  Things are ok at the mo - just hope they stay that way.

Wow that's a huge bike ride TST.  I can't cycle to save my life.  I read somewhere that it uses a different set of muscles to running?  I had thought that I'd try to dust off the bike during the summer hols but the days just seem to have run away.  Maybe October half term?

Last day at nursery  - ah!  Enjoy the day.

30/08/2012 at 16:01

Thanks Trigger, no calorie counting for me except to make sure I've had LOADSSSSSSSSSS 

So happy, the surgery phoned back last night, the doctor has agreed I can have my B12 Jabs every 2 weeks.  I should be full of beans soon and be able to run, swim and leap about properly in a very short while 

But might need a miracle to get round Beachy in 2 months 

Edited: 30/08/2012 at 16:03
30/08/2012 at 17:04

Oh oh, there's that Beachy word again

Well done on getting the jabs fortnightly and yay to the pics, that's some result there

Happy Birthday to Daisy and to hubby for tomorrow

Well done at fat club Trigger

Lunch out was fab, been out to get the last of Thomas' new uniform and now off to collect him for the last time.  Will try hard not to blub!

Edited: 30/08/2012 at 17:05
yeo
30/08/2012 at 20:26

Well did you, Cinders?  Go on, admit it!

Evening all.   Starting to get into the Paralympics here 

That's good news about the jabs, SL, just hope yjey don't dope test for B12 after you zoom round Beachy

TST, as someone who moved from Norfolk to not very far from where you'll be cycling, I'm in awe at you wanting to tackle real hills!  And I know I would have been unable to resist the biscuits.

Well done at the fat club, Trigger.  I hope your son is able to eventually unload about what's bothering him if he needs to.

I've been working 2 days a week in the cafe for the last couple of weeks, but I hope to spend some time in the main centre tomorrow. I need to because the grand opening and open day is on Monday, attended by social workers and others who we hope are going to refer clients, and we need to get some preparation done.  Plus I really am not comfortable working in the cafe, not my knd of work.

On the domiciliary care side things are getting silly.  Our reduced mileage allowances and payments for travel time kicked in this week, and people are leaving in droves, and others throwing sickies. I'm manfully not taking on any extra work that I don't want to, and then only after working out if it's financially worthwhile.

yeo
31/08/2012 at 20:18

Evening all.

Plans to escape from the cafe didn't work out, as it was our busiest day yet. Which I suppose is a good thing!  The one cafe assistant there today was behind the counter, the boss and my fellow activity coordinator were cooking, and I was mostly kitchen porter/ washer-upperer/ gopher.

One of the off duty cafe assistants came in with her daughter for a cup of tea and a sandwich, which we all agreed was taking the piss. And we told her.

The boss's boss came in after the rush had died down, but she could see we need more cafe staff. It was actually quite fun in a manic sort of way, and we've got Monday morning to sort out the grand opening - the cafe will be closed!

I'm now more knackered than a knackered thing on World Knackered day, but after an early start I've got a nice morning's work tomorrow and the rest of the weekend off.

Hope evrybody has a good one.

01/09/2012 at 17:00

Afernoon all, it's a bit chilly today isn't it!

Did you manage not to blub Cinders, you're not going to be one of those embarrasing mums at the school gates are you 

Dope tests for B12 - oh no, my secret's out 

Hope you're the afternoon off Yeo, sounds like it's been hectic.  Good luck for Monday

We had a lovely day out, KC enjoyed herself as much as she could, she was hyper adn rushing everywhere so we didn't have time to read about all the things we were looking at but she loved it all the same.  We took the river boat from Westminster to Greenwich, had a walk around there then back on the boat to the Tower.  KC ate non stop all the way there and back on the boat - I thought she would burst if she ate more but she managed a huge ice cream then more rubbish on the boat back to Westminster then on the train home.  By the time we got to the restaurant she was almost asleep and couln't eat much - surprise surprise!

On the subject of food - hubby & Daisy chose the restaurant, the only salad on the menu was a chicken and bacon one so I ended up having burger & chips , it wasn't very nice actually.  

The September challenge starts today so I'll be continuing and trying a bit harder not to eat anything cooked.  I ordered some stuff to pick up at the market and hubby got it for me this morning - 18kg box bananas, box of oranges - about 50 huge navels, a mixed box of honeydew and galia melons - 10 in total, a box of 18 fresh figs (drool) - all that cost £27.50 and she gave me a box of persimmons/sharon fruit for a quid!  That's what I call a bargain 

I wanted to go to get some other bits but kc was having a blow out - punching and spitting like a camel so I stayed home with her - I might have realised I'd forgotten the pineapples if I'd gone, I'll have to pay silly money in Tesco for them this week instead .  I've found another raw fruity girl who lives in my village - how good is that!  We're meeting up with a couple more down in Brigrhton early next Saturday morning, going to a wholesaler there who sells tropical fruit then going round another girls house for breakfast smoothies   It'll be a good morning and I can't wait to get some green coconuts, the water's fantastic in smoothies 

Hope everyone's having a good day today x

01/09/2012 at 18:54

Afternoon all

Yeo, how much longer will you have to work in the cafe?  Sounds very busy, take it they have enough food now?

Wow SL, that's a bargain on the fruit front.  Your meeting up with other raw peeps sounds lovely.  Not heard of green coconuts.

And yes..... I did blub, in the morning and in the evening.  It's been such a lovely nursery and 2 of the girls really bonded with Thomas and said they were sorry to see him go.

Hasn't it been a bit fresh today!  See from FB that HTF is stocked up for her burner.

As for my FB status, my wedding ring didn't show up so I got a new one today

01/09/2012 at 19:00

Sounds like you're all having great times!

SL that's a bargain box of fruit you have there - so much!  You'll probably make savings too if you pair up with the other foodie in your village!

I had to take my engagement ring to the jewellers yesterday to have it made smaller as it was swivelling around so much I felt I was in danger of losing it. 

We're off out to a party tonight.  My sister-in-law and husband were born on the same day 4 years apart.  Yes I know - it speaks volumes about my mother-in-laws sex life!  He didn't get to have a 50th when it was his turn as his father was terminally ill and died the day after - it's my sister-in-law's 50th on Tuesday.  She's decided it's fancy dress - ugh with a Hollywood theme!  I really can't be bothered so have found myself a dress (I normally always wear trousers) and if anyone asks who I've gone as I'm going to say Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie!

02/09/2012 at 08:34

Morning

Wonder how trigger got on at the fancy dress party!

Off to go and marshall the Thanet Marathon in a bit

Have a good day all

02/09/2012 at 19:45

Evening all

Cinders, I saw on fb that Plodding Hippo did Thanet today, did you see her?  Green coconuts are just young coconuts with the shell on, if you smash the outer green shell off the brown husk is underneath. The inside is just coconut water and jelly as the hard bit you're used to hasn't formed yet - and they are lovely lovely lovely 

I'm still paying for the burger and chips on Friday, not a migraine but a banging headache and a bit of a dodgy belly.  I've used some of my oranges to make juice, they're so big (almost 12 inches round!) that it only took 10 to make 2 litres - that's an easy 1000 cals   Managed to stay all raw today despite hubby doing a roast for him and kc and the neighbours barbequing something garlicky!

How's everyone else been today?

03/09/2012 at 07:05

Morning all - getting ready for work I am   A new school year and a new Headteacher too - help!

Managed my 10 miles yesterday despite not getting to bed until 1.30 in the morning.  Am now tapering until GNR so hopefully things will be a lot easier.

Hope you all had good weekends

03/09/2012 at 08:23

Morning

Hope all goes ok today Trigger at work and with the new head.

Yes, I did see her SL and shouted Hippo out to her but she probably didn't have a clue who I was.

We are off to Butlins for 2 days, very, very last minute break in term time as Thomas doesn't start school till next week.

Hope everyone's Mondays go ok

03/09/2012 at 11:24

Morning everyone

Hope you're feeling better after your burger SL.  Would they not have just done you a big bowl of salad at the restaurant?  Fruit boxes sound a bargin and that's great that you've found another raw person close to you. 

Aw bless Cinders!  How was Thomas about it being his last day at nursery?  Have fun on your few days away

Well done on the 10 miler Trigger   How was the party?

Sounds like things are going much better than expected with the cafe Yeo!  Hopefully you will get some more cafe staff now and will be able to concentrate on what you are really there for.  Good luck with the grand opening today!

Well I've had a busy weekend!  It was my first night out without Mr TST there for support on Friday, but it all went ok.  Was out with the girls from the running club, who I've only really seen once since I was injured and some of them I'd not even met, so was a bit scary.  They were all lovely though and three others weren't drinking as they were either driving or pregnant so that really helped.  We had food and drinks round one of the girls houses, and I tried to stick with healthy choices although one of them had made the most amazing chocolate and toffee cookies and I had two of those   They were truely amazing though, the whole room went totally quiet and all you could hear was 'mmmmm' noises while we were eating them!!  Then we went to the pub for a drink where there was a lady singer on and we all danced and sang our hearts out!  Was a good night and another milestone for me too

Have done loads of stuff down the allotement too; dug another bit of the mare's tail and couch grass infested bit on Saturday and then on Sunday dug over a bit up the other end to put our new greenhouse on!    A friend has offered me a 6' x 8' one for £60 and they'll deliver it and help me put it up too!  Am so excited it's ridiculous!   Have dug over a space 10' x just under 6' so far so just need to finish that off this evening.  It's going at the end where some of the carrots are, so spend a while yesterday afternoon going round the neighbours and giving them all loads of carrots!  The ones that are too small to eat and all the tops I've brought in for one of the staff who has a pony which will happily chomp them all up.  Am really getting into my lottie now I can actually see some progress with it, really can't wait for next year when I've set it all out and sprouted my own seeds and have tomatoes and stuff growing in my greenhouse, it's going to be awesome!

03/09/2012 at 12:09

Great work at the lottie TST and well done on going out and having a booze free good time 

Hope work is good today Trig and you get on ok with the new Headteacher, kc doesn't go back till Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measures, she's already getting nervous about it so I've asked one of her class mates round to play today, just so she can remember what playing with them is like!  The SENCO and everyone else involved with her have had a meeting and are putting stricter boundaries in place for her - she needs them, it's not fair on the rest of the kids if she decides she's going walkabout or getting angry etc. then not appearing to have any consequences for it. - We'll see how it goes 

Have you met Hipps before Cinders, she's a nice lady.  Have fun at Butlins - which one are you going to?

Is it back to school for you too HTF?

I'm going out to tackle the garden a bit now - hubby has built the wall up but needs to do the side to finish it off - that was my fault I said I'd have a fence but overlooked the fact that it's going to be built up a bit higher so it wouldn't work - doh.

I don't know what's happened to my eye, it started hurting Friday night and by Saturday it was puffy and swollen and I could feel a lump below the lower eye rim but inside.  Yesterday it looked like I'd been punched in the eye when I woke up - black and red right down to the cheekbone, I bathed it in warm salt water all day and it was a bit better this morning so I've carried on doing the same.  Hopefully it'll be gone soon but it's still really swollen and the lumps still there - yesterday I looked like I'd done 10 rounds with Tyson, today I look like Quasimodo's sister!

Hope you're all having a good day today x

04/09/2012 at 06:33

Morning peeps

Back to school here too.  Be back later if I am still awake.

04/09/2012 at 09:16
Morning

We're in Bognor Regis SL

How's your eye today? Any idea what caused it?

Good luck back at school today HTF

Result there TST on the greenhouse
04/09/2012 at 12:13

Morning Cinders - the eye's much better thanks, still swollen and bruised but the lump is smaller - no idea what caused it.  Enjoy Bognor x

05/09/2012 at 14:39

Afternoon everyone

How's the eye today SL?  Any idea what's caused it yet?

How is everyone dealing with being back to school/having the little ones back at school?  Seems rather quiet although I guess Cinders is still enjoying her mini-break

I have physio tomorrow   Was stressing about it a bit yesterday but am feeling more pro-active today and if I can't run then I need to get my fat butt back on my pushie ready for this cycling event next month, which Victoria Pendleton will also be doing by the way!   Am up to 10 x 8 seconds so far, and am going to seriously try and do 10 x 9 seconds tomorrow morning before I go; if I can manage that then I'm hopeful to be let out providing I still keep at the exercises! 

Only have 2 events left to do of my Olympic Challenge now, will do the short swim tonight and the dead lift tomorrow and then it's all complete!  And so far as I know I will be the only person, male or female, to even complete it!  Looks like a gold medal may be coming my way!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.