Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,381 to 29,400 of 31,661 messages
13/09/2012 at 18:28

Yes, the deadline for transfer is Friday 21st September.  I've sent an email to the organisers but not heard back yet. 

He didn't look quite as smart when I picked him up lol

14/09/2012 at 08:46

Cheerio Chaps!  Off up to Newcastle

yeo
14/09/2012 at 08:55

Oooooo exciting!

Go Trigger!!!!

14/09/2012 at 09:31

Morning Yeo

Go Trigger

14/09/2012 at 17:32

I shall drag my arse somehow around Beachy, but it will be terrible.

I have entered Titsey - much more sensible distance, though how long it takes to do that could be embarrassing!

Bought new running shoes today.  Shocking colour mind!

14/09/2012 at 17:33

How shocking HTF? 

14/09/2012 at 17:48

Good luck Trigger, think you have officially become the only runner on this thread.

Edited: 14/09/2012 at 17:48
14/09/2012 at 19:01

I like the colour HTF - a bit like my hallway - Duck Egg Blue   I thought you might drag yourself round Beachy - I honestly wouldn't manage it, still getting tired too easily and pain when I move too much.  I did a 3 mile run in the woods with the dogs on Wednesday and ran 4 miles with the club last night, nearly killed me 

14/09/2012 at 19:27

HTF, I was looking at the paler colour near the toes - didnt notice the brighter stuff but I still like it 

16/09/2012 at 15:59

So how was it Trigger, do tell, I was watching on the tele - I might have seen you but don't really know what you look like!  Hope you enjoyed it, I've just entered the Brighton Half Marathon for next February.............. 

16/09/2012 at 16:26

Just watching a bit of it now.  Hope you got on ok Trigger

That's me entered too now, best start some training.

Start my new job tomorrow and feel sick with nerves!

yeo
16/09/2012 at 16:38

You'll be fine, Cinders!  Look forward to hearing how you get on, but I don't doubt you'll be brill. How's Little C settling in to big boys' school?

I watched a lot of GNR, it looked great fun.  As official thread runner, I'm sure Trigger did us proud.

I missed the beginning as I slept in unusually late. It must have been a knackering week, but things are quieter next week, and on Friday I'm away as Big Sis is celebrating her pension lump sum by treating the family to a long weekend at Center Parcs

I'm off shortly for the traditional family Sunday tea and Scrabble match. I've won the last couple of weeks so I'm expecting revenge!

16/09/2012 at 18:14

Good on you Cinders - Brighton here we come - at least we can expect to finish this one    Good luck for tomorrow but you won't need it, you'll be just fine x

I had a nice lie in too Yeo but will have to start getting up and doing some 'long' Sunday runs.  I must catch up with scrabble, I'll look now and see what I can do - probably not much knowing my luck 

17/09/2012 at 07:59

Morning

Thanks guys, very nervous.

Enjoy Center Parcs later this week Yeo

18/09/2012 at 11:16

Hello everyone!   I'm back from Canterbury and needed a couple of days to recover, our neices right tired us out!!  We had a nice time though and on the way back I caught up with one of my best friends from school who I haven't seen for nearly 30 years    Made me feel a bit old, but she's not changed a bit!

So, am back to running.  Sort of. First few sessions were ok and I didn't have any problems, but yesterdays session of run 3, walk 3 x 4 seems to have buggered my knee again and now it hurts again   Am seeing my sports massage lady on Thursday so will speak to her about it, but am not sure yet what session to do tomorrow morning.  Am terrified of buggering it up again, but also can't keep avoiding doing a new session just in case I have a problem.  May drop back and do the run 2, walk 4 x 5 session tomorrow as that didn't give me problems, or maybe adapt it to run 2, walk 3 x 5 or something. 

They don't seem to be very forthcoming with my medal at the leisure centre either, so reckon I could have done all that work, finally win something and not even get anything to show for it. 

How did the new job go Cinders?

18/09/2012 at 11:17

Oh, and how did you get on at the GNR Trigger? 

18/09/2012 at 12:26

Ditto TST - how did the first day go Cinders and how was the GNR Trigger?

18/09/2012 at 16:21

Afternoon

Day 2 was better than 1, which was hard.  Hope it gets a bit easier   Least I'm not doing Weds so have time off tomorrow

Def chase up that medal TST.

How did you get on Trigger?

18/09/2012 at 16:28

It'll get easier Cinders   It's always really hard to start with as there is so much to take in and remember, but you'll subconsciously process lots of it tomorrow when you're not there and am sure it will be better on Thursday

Tried chasing it up yesterday Cinders and she hasn't even bothered to sort out finding the petty cash key to get some money, let alone bothered to have a look and see what medal to get   Will leave it a while and then give her a prod, as I must admit I'm really disappointed they haven't sorted anything out.  She was talking about doing pictures for the paper and everything when I handed my card in the other Sunday, and now nothing.  I reckon they don't want her to spend any money on getting anything as it was a total flop in the end.

18/09/2012 at 20:19

hi everyone,

only just got internet back on. I'm struggleing incutting down on the booze. I don't want to be a jogger, just to get fit fit for the next drinking session.

I'm really enjoying the feeling of getting fitter each time i jog, and feeling naturally tired not drunken tired.

I'm trying to read other peoples comments in rooms, but today i feel just down. You all seem to know each other for quite some time, and being online building friendships is just as hard and as time consuming in the real room.

I enrolled at college today, and went into a bar, and it just didn't feel right this wasat about 3pm, I ummed and areed and then just walked out. I'm normally going home drunk at this time after being out since 9am.

There's just too much I want to do not just jogging, but also with my boat.

Leave you all in peace now. Hope your day went well 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.