Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,401 to 29,420 of 31,389 messages
16/09/2012 at 16:26

Just watching a bit of it now.  Hope you got on ok Trigger

That's me entered too now, best start some training.

Start my new job tomorrow and feel sick with nerves!

yeo
16/09/2012 at 16:38

You'll be fine, Cinders!  Look forward to hearing how you get on, but I don't doubt you'll be brill. How's Little C settling in to big boys' school?

I watched a lot of GNR, it looked great fun.  As official thread runner, I'm sure Trigger did us proud.

I missed the beginning as I slept in unusually late. It must have been a knackering week, but things are quieter next week, and on Friday I'm away as Big Sis is celebrating her pension lump sum by treating the family to a long weekend at Center Parcs

I'm off shortly for the traditional family Sunday tea and Scrabble match. I've won the last couple of weeks so I'm expecting revenge!

16/09/2012 at 18:14

Good on you Cinders - Brighton here we come - at least we can expect to finish this one    Good luck for tomorrow but you won't need it, you'll be just fine x

I had a nice lie in too Yeo but will have to start getting up and doing some 'long' Sunday runs.  I must catch up with scrabble, I'll look now and see what I can do - probably not much knowing my luck 

17/09/2012 at 07:59

Morning

Thanks guys, very nervous.

Enjoy Center Parcs later this week Yeo

18/09/2012 at 11:16

Hello everyone!   I'm back from Canterbury and needed a couple of days to recover, our neices right tired us out!!  We had a nice time though and on the way back I caught up with one of my best friends from school who I haven't seen for nearly 30 years    Made me feel a bit old, but she's not changed a bit!

So, am back to running.  Sort of. First few sessions were ok and I didn't have any problems, but yesterdays session of run 3, walk 3 x 4 seems to have buggered my knee again and now it hurts again   Am seeing my sports massage lady on Thursday so will speak to her about it, but am not sure yet what session to do tomorrow morning.  Am terrified of buggering it up again, but also can't keep avoiding doing a new session just in case I have a problem.  May drop back and do the run 2, walk 4 x 5 session tomorrow as that didn't give me problems, or maybe adapt it to run 2, walk 3 x 5 or something. 

They don't seem to be very forthcoming with my medal at the leisure centre either, so reckon I could have done all that work, finally win something and not even get anything to show for it. 

How did the new job go Cinders?

18/09/2012 at 11:17

Oh, and how did you get on at the GNR Trigger? 

18/09/2012 at 12:26

Ditto TST - how did the first day go Cinders and how was the GNR Trigger?

18/09/2012 at 16:21

Afternoon

Day 2 was better than 1, which was hard.  Hope it gets a bit easier   Least I'm not doing Weds so have time off tomorrow

Def chase up that medal TST.

How did you get on Trigger?

18/09/2012 at 16:28

It'll get easier Cinders   It's always really hard to start with as there is so much to take in and remember, but you'll subconsciously process lots of it tomorrow when you're not there and am sure it will be better on Thursday

Tried chasing it up yesterday Cinders and she hasn't even bothered to sort out finding the petty cash key to get some money, let alone bothered to have a look and see what medal to get   Will leave it a while and then give her a prod, as I must admit I'm really disappointed they haven't sorted anything out.  She was talking about doing pictures for the paper and everything when I handed my card in the other Sunday, and now nothing.  I reckon they don't want her to spend any money on getting anything as it was a total flop in the end.

18/09/2012 at 20:19

hi everyone,

only just got internet back on. I'm struggleing incutting down on the booze. I don't want to be a jogger, just to get fit fit for the next drinking session.

I'm really enjoying the feeling of getting fitter each time i jog, and feeling naturally tired not drunken tired.

I'm trying to read other peoples comments in rooms, but today i feel just down. You all seem to know each other for quite some time, and being online building friendships is just as hard and as time consuming in the real room.

I enrolled at college today, and went into a bar, and it just didn't feel right this wasat about 3pm, I ummed and areed and then just walked out. I'm normally going home drunk at this time after being out since 9am.

There's just too much I want to do not just jogging, but also with my boat.

Leave you all in peace now. Hope your day went well 

18/09/2012 at 20:38

Hi sinbad, you are very welcome.  Hang around, share some more stuff, we are a friendly bunch.  

What course have you enrolled on?  Doing my best to discourage my husband from buying a boat.  He fancies a Broome!  I am not sure I can cope with the pressure of just doing the ropes when we moore up.

My day went just fine.  I managed to run 4 miles very slowly and then go for a swim.

Don't leave us in peace, we drop in at all hours, and in no time at all you will feel right at home.

18/09/2012 at 20:52

Haven't had a chance to read back but thought I'd do a quick post to let you know that I survived.  2.16 so not a pb but it was just so busy with little room to run almost from start to finish.  Have another hm in 3 weeks so hopefully will pb then.   Will read back and post again tomorrow xx

18/09/2012 at 21:27

Welcome sinbad and like HTF says, please come back and chat.  There's always someone around to talk so make yourself at home

Well done Trigger, fab running

Good running HTF and a boat.............eek! 

19/09/2012 at 08:53

Hubby would love a boat - so would I but he's likely to fall overboard evertime pi$$ed out of his skull!  He wobbles on dry land...........

Welcome Sinbad, come and chat whenever you feel like it.  We're a nice friendly bunch here.

Great going Trigger - it looked good weather for a nice run, dry at first then a bit of drizzle to cool you down, lovely.

I wanted to go for a run yesterday but got Katie off school with a tummy bug and only got 4 hours sleep Monday night as she was sick in the night.  She's off again today, much better but totally whacked out - I don't know how much more of this screechy American kids TV I can stand - she'll be back to school tomorrow I'm sure.

19/09/2012 at 10:34

Morning everyone

Welcome along Sinbad, as the others say, do come back and see us!  You'll get to know us all in no time at all and we've all been new here at some point so we all know how you feel   Do tell more about what your college plans are, and definitely want to know more about your boat!  What sort is it?  I used to sail a lot with my day when I was a kid and we had great fun

Well done Trigger, that's an awesome time!  It is busy isn't it, but I liked that and thought it added to the lovely atmosphere.  Where is your other one in three weeks?

Well done on the run SL.  Hope KC is feeling better today, really not nice when you are poorly-sick

*Waves at Cinders*  Are you enjoying your day off today?! 

I had another little run this morning, did run 2, walk 3 x 5 and although the knee grumbled I think it will be ok.  Iced it when I got in and took some ibuprophen, just need to keep moving it now so it doesn't seize up. 

I have just passed the 10 month mark sober  and have decided to organise a little celebration day to celebrate getting to a year for three close friends who have totally been there for me since I quit.  The nearest I could get them all together is 1 December, which is three weeks after my year, but close enough!  I'm going to cook a special tea (menu to be decided) and am going to organise a little run for us (distance depending on how my knee is but Mr TST said he will drop us outside town so we can run some of it in the countryside) and I'm getting some medals done to give them when we finish   Was hoping to be able to take us all for a bit of a pamper session in the afternoon, but think the cost is going to be prohibative, so need to think of something to do then.  They don't know what is going on yet, just that they need to keep the day free for something special; I'm going to make invitations and send them out in the post to them

19/09/2012 at 12:19

Well done on the 10 months and that sounds a fab idea TST.  Can you not do some sort of home pamper/spa if the cost is too much?

Thomas is only in school for half a day for the next 4 weeks so just a half day for me but did manage 3 miles on the treddie.  Got a niggly shin after Sunday's 5 miles.

Hope KC feels better soon SL.

Edited....just got my Titsey number in the post.  I'm number 58

Edited: 19/09/2012 at 12:20
19/09/2012 at 13:34

Yikes - they're keen aren't they Cinders, I suppose I'll get mine soon then.  ** note to self - get out and do some bloody running***.

TST, well done on the 10 months and what a lovely thing to do for your friends.  Have you signed up to Groupon, there's normally lots of pampering deals on there.  You get a daily email with whatever deals are on.  That's where I got the river cruise from, it was all 1/2 price, £35 instead of £70!  Worth a look.  http://www.groupon.co.uk/lp/S68/index.php?CID=UK_SEM_1_900_990000_23&keyw=groupon%20uk&crea=8465391310&netw=g&adpos=1t1&t1=0&timg=generic7&gclid=CNe7qo7SwbICFcENfAody3AAmg

KC has to have 48 hrs off school from the last time she was sick, she would be allowed back Friday but she sees the therapist then so she'll be off the rest of the week - I might have to get myself a pampering session after that!

I'm really tired today with a bit of a headache, all my own fault - I ate a slice of cheese on toast yesterday.  I'm been bits of bread and butter now and then and no symptoms apart from bloating but fatty dairy cheese was a step too far.  Back on my raw wagon now, 2 papayas and a 7 date/7 banana smoothie so far - 1350 cals  I'll probably stick with bananas the rest of the day but maybe make an ice cream with frozen ones and some of the nice pears I've got 

Hope you're all good today x

19/09/2012 at 21:02

Oh My Word - banana and pear smoothie is to die for - so yummy!

20/09/2012 at 07:56

Morning.  Hope work is better today.

Sounds lush SL, how many pear/banana went in?  What do you do with the nanas to make ice cream? 

20/09/2012 at 08:26

Morning Cinders, I put in 5 bananas and 2 big crunchy comice pears but you can put in as many as you like.  Banana ice cream is just frozen bananas whizzed up in the food processor.  Depending on what power one you've got you might need to let them soften just a weeny bit before it'll whizz them, some people put in a couple of unfrozen one just to get it moving.  It goes almost white and has  a Mr Whippy consistency.  It's amazing, you can suddenly eat loads of bananas really easily without feeling so full up   I made one the other day with bananas and peaches, yummy x

KC's better but can't go to school, she's already leaping around the furniture being a dog   Should be an interesting day, hyper but still needs rest - ermmmm.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.