Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,461 to 29,480 of 31,404 messages
24/09/2012 at 19:32

Hi,

Just a quick hi to trigger 2. I'm trying to respond to keep up with the regulars. Hope your sunday run has gone well.

Whenever the US gets a Hurricane like this latest one, by and large we get whats left of it some weeks later. As we get most of our from the west, unless the gulf stream changes its posistion like we have this year. I try to keep up with the bbc weather forecasst as they show proper sattalite pictuers, and can usually work out from them when best to get offf to my boat.

24/09/2012 at 20:47

Sounds like you had a fab time Yeo, I have total Center Parcs envy

What boat have you got sinbad? 

Still rather whooshy here tonight.

24/09/2012 at 20:47

Oh and SL, really hope you get Barney back on the road

24/09/2012 at 21:30

We had a sunny afternoon in the end Cinders - bit windy but sunny   I hope I get Barney back on the road soon too, I'd be away with KC and the dogs every weekend, spose I'd have to take the old man with me sometimes   He's snoring on the sofa sloshed now after a few beers and a bottle of wine, wish he'd go to bed, especially as it's chilly so he can warm the bed up for me 

Sounds like a great time Yeo - I suppose now you're back all re- energised you're going to slaughter me at scrabble....

We always get whatever the USA gets a bit later Sinbad, weather, films, health crazes.  I wonder if I lived on the other side of the US I'd get them first 

Oh yes, what sort of boat do you have - I'd love a boat, I wouldn't mind living on a boat but only in the summer 

You did so well at GNR Trigger and pretty good by my standards at the parkrun.  I must get out and run soon, as Cinders reminded me - only 3 weeks till the Titsey 10k - I still snigger when I say that 

24/09/2012 at 22:30

*Titsey Titsey Titsey* lol

Can't you chuck a blanket or something over him SL? 

yeo
24/09/2012 at 22:51

Sounds like there should be a sports bra in the goody bag

I've been in a race sponsored by a brewery and we were given a bottle of beer at the finish. Some bloke looked at me as if I were mad when I asked to swap my full bottle for his empty one because I wanted the souvenir. He was happy to oblige once he realised I was serious!

25/09/2012 at 13:33

Still chuckle over the many jars of cranberry sauce I've had in goody bags over the years!

Luvvvverly weather we're having!

25/09/2012 at 16:19

Horse brasses from the Hastings 1/2 marathon and Folkestone 20m- can't stand bloody horse brasses! You get a medal from Hastings now but you can buy a horse brass if you really really want one   I think the winners get one too - good reason for never coming first!

I got a ceremonial bottle of wine from one of the T.Wells ones - owned the pub at the time so a bit like taking coals to Newcastle!

Certainly has been wet hasn't it Cinders 

25/09/2012 at 17:20

Hi all,

Sunluvva, yes I'm getting help now. Been in a group with regards personality side. I hope to start work on the PTS next year. Just trying to work one bit aat a time.

Well my first full English class at college was awful and I left just got home rang them told them why, because I won't be spoken to again as she (the teacher) spoke to me.

She spent about 15 minutes helping another pupil with her learning style questionnaire, she actually read through every single question (this I don't mind) this left the class with just 5 minutes to fill in work sheets. I filled mine in wrong. I have Dyspraxia and I need to hear things a number of times for  me to get it, and or a few weeks of filling a this  sheet before i get it right. She simple gave us those 5 minutes, and said to me when I got it wrong "What did I just say to you to do." I was totally lost and I felt humilated.

It took me every ounce of courage to get into that classroom, and she destroyed me by the end of it. I will never step foot in a clssroom again. I'm off to get extremly drunk Wednesday.

Hope you all had a better day than me.

Sunluvva thats great what you do for other people, I'm sure the people you help see it to.

Sorry not even read through todays post sorry all. leeave you in peace, I'm off to get drunk.

25/09/2012 at 17:58

On my most recent return to running I was curious to know how it might be affected by drinking. I don't think I've got a problem, but I definitely suffer from hangovers, even on 3-4 pints, so that was obviously going to have some impact. Turns out, over the last 3 months I've drunk on avg 24 units per week, which I guess is within the UK guidelines for a guy, but I want to cut down because I know it affects how well my runs go, and how much energy I have the following day. Whilst we're talking averages, my records show I drink around 12-13 times per month (most weekends and the odd weekday) so I'm going to try to both reduce the number of days I have a drink, and possibly more importantly, turn the odd binge into a lighter session by not getting carried away after 3-4 drinks and deciding to "screw it" and get drunk (which I almost always regret). We'll see how I get on.

25/09/2012 at 18:11

Hi all,

AgentGinger that sounds like a sensible way of doing it, good luck with it. Hangovers are a nightmare.

25/09/2012 at 18:22

Hi all,

Cinders I have a vivacity 20ft. She's only as high as a bar inside, but just about the right size to camp on her for a week or so.

Sorry people, teachers attitude really got to me, its why I don't do groups, espcially classroom work, nothingschanged for me since school.

It's lovely weather out there, Half of me wants o get drunk Wednessday, the other half says no. Spend it on a Sub 4 most rain training top. It's 45 quid.

What's people's thought on sub 4 running rain tops?

25/09/2012 at 18:29

Sinbad, don't be sorry, I don't think that teacher's attitude is nice at all.  I'm not surprised you felt humiliated.  Did you get a response from calling them? 

AG, that's a very sensible way of doing things.  Hope you work out what's best.

25/09/2012 at 18:49

she listened, then said I should speak to manager who knows my history.

Been there two many times with teachers like her.

Just don't wan to get drunk Wednesday or rest of week. She's just wasted my time thats all.

hope you all had a better day.

25/09/2012 at 19:16

Thanks to those for the welcome

Sunluvva - that was a sad read in many ways.  I really do hope you get back out to Spain, your heart's clearly there.  It's awful to see what is going on over there.  If we thought we had it bad here, it's nothing compared to poor Spain.  I hope you find a way to sort out your private situation, it doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun

Been raining in Manchester now without stopping since Sunday and due to carry on all night.  I have a special can of whoop ass put to one side for United Utilities if they even dare to think about imposing a hosepipe ban anytime in the next 24 months.

26/09/2012 at 12:54

Hi all,

An update about teacher at college. I wrote what happened down, and showed it to the manager who had heard about what happened. Little did I know but they have put in funding for a support worker within the class, as I can't keep up with the teachers instructions on specific tasks, but not to do the work for me. However, If I do struggle with learning for a specific task then that is there for me. So it only depends on this new manager that starts Thursday.

Yes Spain has got it well bad, I just  read tv text news, things just seem to be getting worse for them

Cinders I usually get very drunk when something like this happens, but not this time. I have come home, and had a small fish and chips as a treat for not getting drunk. Just got to motivate myself to go for a run now. I'm jealous of all your goodie bags from races.

Sunluvva I'm convinced you will get back to Spain, its not if but when.

I don't know if you saw my post, about me originally coming from Manchester Strangely Brown, but I was born in Burnage.

I'm convinced that it is because of your welcoming me into this can I give up the booze thread, that has stopped me from getting drunk today, thank you all. It just makes it so that come not back into an empty home, but somewhere, that I can listen to you all, as well as getting through difficult days like today. Thankyou. 

Edited: 26/09/2012 at 13:12
26/09/2012 at 13:13

cheers. My next test will be this weekend. Having a poker night on friday at a mates house, then supposed to be doing 6-7 miles on Saturday. If I stick to 3 beers and get a bit of a lie in on saturday, I should be ok to make it round, any more than that and I'll be struggling to even get out of the house with my trainers on.

26/09/2012 at 13:14

actually, probably wise if i sip very slowly at my drink and let everyone else get drunk, and I can fleece the lot of them

26/09/2012 at 13:16

Hi AgentGinger,

Just enjoy your night of poker.

yeo
26/09/2012 at 16:05

Afternoon all, and welcome AgentGinger   Good luck at the poker, in  more ways than one.

Sinbad, you've handled that situation very well. I hope you enjoyed your fish and chips, you deserved it! We're very much in favour of rewarding ourselves for victories, small and large.  And if this thread helped, that's brilliant - it's what we do here, provide a safe, non-judgemental place for people to unload, but the botton line is it's YOU that managed to not go out and get smashed. Well done.

I hope the support worker to help you handle the classroom stuff works out.

I'm still dying of man-flu, and I'm off to the hospital with my eyes tomorrow. I'm a tad concerned because they really are not good at the mo.

Edited: 26/09/2012 at 16:06
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.