Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,481 to 29,500 of 31,389 messages
26/09/2012 at 16:31

Hi all,

Thanks for that yeo, I hope that in time I can help someone when they a ccideently find this web site and thread as I have.

Sorry to hear about your eyes, i hope you can get them sorted tomorrow. Ar man flu, it gets to us all eventually . Hope it clears soon.

And yes I even went for a training session this afternoon, and got caught up in a couple of showers, I couldn't believe it I enjoyed getting wet!! Its one way of getting frustrations out of yourself.

Hope the day has gone well for people.

26/09/2012 at 16:34

Welcome Agent Ginger, I like your thinking on the poker night, sounds like a plan to me 

Sinbad, I'm pleased to hear you're getting some help now, can you get help for the PTSD earlier as it will help your other problems.  The personaltiy problem stems from the PTSD so it makes sense to get the help for that first.  I know it can be difficult to get the help you need, that's why I said my foster daughter is lucky, despite all her troubles she's getting the therapy she needs so hopefully it won't affect her when she's older.  She'll never forget about what happened to her but she should be able to put it away somewhere in her head so it doesn't ruin her life.

I hope you realise you've just done two massively great things by talking to the college and complaining and by choosin gnot to drink.  You really should be feeling very proud of those two achievements.  Next time you feel a 'wobble' coming on remember what you've already achieved and let it give you the strength you need to choose ot do the right thing.  I can't add any more than what Yeo said, you'll get the support you're looking for here and if you do wobble no one will judge you.

Poor Yeo, not another bout of man flu - must be all that time you spent in the pool at Center Parcs.

Cinders - I still haven't been out for a run yet - what am I to do...................

26/09/2012 at 17:17

Hi all,

Thanks for that Sunluvva. I have asked for help with the PTS, but they want me to finish the sessions im in now. That finishes on the 6th November, so they will discuss with me where I want to go next.

I already have a Bsc in psychology, I just want to bridge the gap between the degree and the maths and English. In Janurary I  start a course full or part time, which helps you gain all you health and safety at work and lots of other stuff about getting back to work. September next year I will either do an MA in psychological therapies, or if I get a volunteer posistion in delivering Cognitive Behaviour Therapy I will go for my MSc is that. So things are happenning, and going in the direction, and I have the right people to help get me there proffessional to, But its so easy to start running before you can walk, like with jogging.

Hope you have had a good day Sunluvva.

You really are an inspiration  you know. I'm sure with you and your husband help, you will be able to help the young child learn the life skills to minimise any hic hups they youngester may experience throughout her life.

I didn't put in a omplaint. I simple wrote down how I felt in the class room situation, and how she made me feel. I am slowly learning that confrontation is not the only way to get things moving.

Hope people are well, and not get caught up in the rain. Yes i will try and remember todays progress.

26/09/2012 at 22:41

We've had some fab rainbows here today so not all rain!

SL, we will be fine, we will amble round Titsey

Yeo, hope all goes ok tomorrow.  What's wrong with your eyes?

27/09/2012 at 11:18

If we had rainbows I missed them Cinders - the sun is trying hard to peek through now but whether it manages it or not is another thing.  We'll get round Titsey (snigger) alright but I'll just be very slow.  I was going to running club with kc tonight but she's off school again, got a rotten cold, looks dreadful and has just had an upset stomach   I might just go on my own.

Yes, what's the matter with your eyes Yeo , hope they're ok x

They tend not to want to overlap different therapies  Sinbad but it does seem to be the wrong way round to me - but I'm no expert!  You'll probably end up having CBT yourself, I think it's one of the most successful methods to help adults with PTSD. Great to see that despite your challenges you have achieved so much, it's hard to learn new things when there's so much going on in your head but you've managed it - massive well done to you   My little girl is in school but not learning anything, she needs to be in a special school where they can cope with emotional behaviour.

Must finish my report, she's got another LAC review coming up in 2weeks and the deadline to get it in is tomorrow - shame I can't get a deferment as she's been off school for a week so not had time to do it - I can only crack on now cos she's upstairs - wants to stay close to the loo!

27/09/2012 at 14:10

Afternoon

Hope you got on ok with your eyes Yeo.

SL, any chance of getting KC into a school that can help her?  Is that what the reports are for? 

VLM rejection mag arrived today, quel surprise!  Might try and find another mara next year instead.

27/09/2012 at 15:28

Crikey rejection mags already - had almost forgotten about VLM.  Monster manic at work just lately.  Hoping to get out for a run tonight.  Haven't run since my 8 miles on Sunday so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hope all is well Yeo.

Stick in there Sinbad - things will come right

27/09/2012 at 15:38

*sticks head round the door, waves*  Afternoon everyone, just a quick catch up so only skimmed through. 

Well done on not drinking Sinbad, as SL says, once you've done it once you can use it to draw on when you are tempted again.

Welcome along AgentGinger, hope you stayed sober at poker and cleaned them all out!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, commiserations to those that got rejection letters   Am a bit busy over on 'The Dark Side' at the moment, trying to get stuff sorted for the bike for the little ride with Victoria Pendleton next weekend!  Oh, my, is it really only a week on Sunday   Mr TST gave Jessica a big service, which she needed as she's been a bit neglected, so now I need to get out on her and make sure there are no problems with the gears or anything. 

*waves again as podgy butt disappears out the door*

27/09/2012 at 17:21

Hi all,

AgentGinger (hope thats right). I have only been in here for a coupleof weeks, and you cannot find a nicer and supportive group anywhere eslse, unless its the other forums (thought I had better acknowlege them, as I do go in a couple of otthers occassioally). .

Thanks Trigger 2 for that.

I only skimmed over a couple of posts so far, as I have been shakibg a little. As I have just entered the Manchester 2013 Marathon, my first one as I think brain and body hasn't worked out how it feels together yet .

Well I'm off to have something to eat now, if I cabn stop shaking long enough.

I think it is Yeo, how did it go at the hospital?

yeo
27/09/2012 at 17:43

Not well, thanks for asking.

The background is, I've had glaucoma for ages, diagnosed in 1987 but it's been no big deal as so far it's been controlled by eyedrops.  BUT I haven't been seen at hospital lately, not since I moved from Norwich and probably not for a year or two back then. I haven't been bothered as it's just been an annual check up and carry on with the drops. 

When I went to Specsavers a couple of weeks ago they wouldn't test my eyes until I got seen at the hospital - apparently they should have refered me last year but the letter didn't get sent. By now I was starting to get worried as the sight in my right eye has deteriorated to the point of being useless. But I managed to get an appointment for today.

Anyway, I spent 3 hours in the clinic this morning while they did all sorts of nasty tests, and the upshot of all that is the pressure in both eyes is too high, and I've got a cataract in my right eye.

So I've got to go under the knife

The plan is to have stronger eyedrops, go back to see if the pressure's dropped in 6 weeks, if so go on the list to have the cataract op, if not, go on the list for the cataract and surgery for the glaucoma as well

Anyway, hope everybody else had a better day, I'm off to google cataracts

27/09/2012 at 23:51

Sorry to hear about that Yeo but if it's any consolation (probably not) it's pretty routine stuff for them these days.  My mum nipped into the hospital on a Saturday morning, someone waved a magic lazer and the cateract was gone.  She was home in a few hours and can see better than me now   Hopefully the drops will work well for you x

Cinders, the school are in the process of doing the statement application, it should have been done 6 months ago.  She won't be able to get into a EBD school without one.  Our wonderful government have decided that emotional problems shouldn't be a barrier to a child learning so have made it really difficult to get a statement on those terms.  She's seen the agency's pyschiatrist today, the old guy retired but the new one is very nice and really good and in the professionals meeting afterwards he's going to put that she has traits that are on the autism spectrum, that in itself should get her the statement.  She may not be autistic at all because kids with attachment disorder display the same behaviours.  The difference is she has a chance of getting over it with treatment whereas if you're autistic you've got it and thats that.

The reports are ongoing, I have to do a daily diary - I do quite a detailed one for my benefit, she has a review every 6 months and needs another report for that, she has to have reports filed for every contact, every incident - that can be violence, accidents - anything you can think of.  If she has a spoonful of calpol they want a report for that- the list goes on and on 

Way to go Sinbad - stop shaking now, it'll be great.  If running marathons was that bad people like me and Cinders wouldn't now be a bit peed off at getting the VLM rejection mag   There are people on this forum who have run over 200 marathons  I've only got to do another 195 to catch up on that!  Get yourself a training plan you like the look of and start training now.  ps - you're a runner not a jogger, a jogger would never think of entering a marathon 

LAC (looked after child) report finally finished, one down and loads left to go.........

28/09/2012 at 07:26

Hi all,

Thanks for that Sunluvva. Itsounds like a lot of paper work you have to do for you to get anywhere for the help the younger person needs. I hope you get it for them.

What on earth is VLM rejection mag?

Two stroke Tart who's Jessica a car?

Yeo  sorry aboout your eyes, I hope there sorted soon. I'm going to look into marathon training soon, but at the moment am happy ploding along at my own pace. I'm hoping to do a 4 mile 2 min run followed by a 1 min walk see how that goes, it will be my lonest run to date.

Enjoy your day all.

28/09/2012 at 08:11

Morning.

Sorry to hear about your eyes Yeo, hope they can sort them soon. 

VLM is Virgin London Marathon sinbad and yesterday you got either an acceptance magazine or rejection magazine if you'd entered the marathon ballot for a place.

Lot of paperwork SL, it's about time they put KC first and got her the school place she needs.

28/09/2012 at 08:20

Hi Cinders

Thanks for that thought I was going crackers with not being able to work  that one out.

28/09/2012 at 14:50

I too am rejected!  At least I have Brighton!

Yeo I have glaucoma too - controlled by eye drops.  It came out of nowhere, no family history and hit me when I turned 40.  At the hospital every 9 months for field vision and other tests but fingers crossed.  Hope all turns out well for you.  Specsavers were the ones who spotted the condition too I didn't have a clue there was anything wrong.

Hope all is well with everyone - rumour has it it could be a nice weekend.

PS how ironic is this - here I am giving up/cutting down on booze and hubby has decided to start making wine!

28/09/2012 at 16:11

That reminds me, should have my eyes tested, it's been 3 years.

Any reason why hubby deciding to start making wine trigger?

28/09/2012 at 18:39

hi all,

not read not any threads, and am so drunk.

28/09/2012 at 19:13

Hi all,

You want to know what esle.

There's so much I want to say. But can't. I just don;t know what I may be saying wrong.

simple as. I want to scream and shout about it, but I don;t know what damage I may be doing wrong twenty years on.

Yet this is where i feel safe, but not know what I may unreval for others.

saftest place I feel in years, yet still I don;t know whT i can or can't say. Official secrets act.And I'm only family.

Hope not punt you off knowing me. It scares me, what I know.

yeo
28/09/2012 at 19:42

Hi Sinbad

I'm glad you feel safe here, it's a nice feeling, isn't it

There are no rules about what you can or can't say here, it's about whatever you need to get off your chest

I think all of us at some time or other have had a good rant or unload here, so if that's what you need to do please go right ahead

28/09/2012 at 20:40

Ditto what Yeo said Sinbad, say what you want to say here, as and when you need

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.