Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,521 to 29,540 of 31,441 messages
03/10/2012 at 13:31

Yay - Three Musketters go running in Titsey - that could be a book title 

I got them in Brighton Cinders, I have seen them in supermarkets but not too often as they go off so quickly.  I just had 4 ripe ones attracting the fruit flies so I've put them all in a smoothie with OJ, pears and spinach - yummy   Great going at the boot camp by the way!

Why did your doggie have to have the surgery HTF?

Sinbad - it's the food you eat that causes the gas - they ain't natural at all!  Our digestive system is such that food shouldn't be stored in there for days, when we eat meat or any animal products which we aren't designed to eat they stay in the gut and begin to rot or ferment - hence the gas and the horrible smells when you go to the loo.  For the record when you eat all raw fruit and veg you don't get any body odour at all, I don't need deodorant and to put it bluntly my shit don't stink!  Tis true, the food is absorbed, digested and the waste expelled so rapidly compared to what we call our 'normal' diet that it doesn't have time to ferment.

One thing that will help you assuming you're not going to eat like I do is to google a food combination chart and eat according to that - I don't know exactly whats in each category for a non raw diet but if you don't mix certain things they will digest more easily so won't ferment causing gas/reflux

03/10/2012 at 13:55

Not drank since Friday night, but I'm going out tonight for a friends birthday drinks, so I imagine I'll have 2-3 pints. Hopefully won't get carried away and think "fcuk it", as I'll feel rough for work tomorrow. To be honest, 3 pints might leave me feeling rough anyway, so perhaps I'll try to aim for 2 and drink slowly.

03/10/2012 at 19:47

simply as,

thankyou

03/10/2012 at 19:49

truth is,

want to be here you all to sleep well people

03/10/2012 at 21:36

Hi AgentGinger,

Just enjoy what you have, on our birthday.

This time last year I  drank all day everyday. So your doing okay.

Thats 3 posts, have listened to a couple of you, still thank its too much.

Hope all you ok.

IIt went well at colege. I don;t think  tutor was happy. But I stuck with what I said. Sleep well all.

04/10/2012 at 06:10

Morning, boot camp morning and up before the sun, most rare

How did the night out go AG?

Glad college went well sinbad.

Lol at the 3 Muskateers at Titsey

04/10/2012 at 07:08

Hi,

I used to drink all day every day this time last year, so I'm not going to beat myself up over one day. And I'm working on that.

Can you explain about boot camp again please Cinders, I missed what you explained last time.

Ar well time to get up and start again. The bus is always packed at this time.

The teacher that humiliated me, next time  to talk to her first, but I think it her way of trying to explain herself. She kept trying to get me to change my story, withh and without people present, but I didn't budge. So we agreed to put it down to a misundersting. I also got my class work support worker with me from now on, I struggle with instructions with following instructions ( a Dyspraxic trait). So she will be careful with what she says now.

Enjoy your day.

04/10/2012 at 08:18

It's a 4 week exercise thingy sinbad, Tues, Thurs, Fri mornings fro 6.30 to 7.30am. 

04/10/2012 at 16:05

wow,

Cinders sounds like great fun.

I'm going to try and not have a beer till the 31st October now. I just felt like a whole lot of pressure has been taken off me at college. Why that day? well a friend of mine is a Pagen, and has invited me to some celebration of some form, I will google it later.

I just would like to learn to just have abeer when I go on holiday now. And perhaps not even then.

Has anyone been on a training running type of holiday? I'm sure I read somewhere that there is one on Lanzarote?

04/10/2012 at 16:27

was a fun night, Cinders, thanks. It was a cheese and beer tasting evening

Dinner consisted of 12 portions of different cheeses with small (50ml?) beers with each one. A nice change from a cheese and wine tasting. There was quite a lot of extra booze.

We went for a pint afterwards, so I reckon I probably drank the equivalent of 4 pints, and I felt rough this morning, and tired all day. Skipped lunchtime 30 min run, so going to drag my ass out of the flat when i get home tonight, for a short run before I get too comfy on the couch. Have a friends 40th birthday on Saturday, but I'm almost certainly going to stick to a couple of drinks.

04/10/2012 at 16:55

Hi Agent ginger,

you seem to have a great social life. glad its not all running for you.

04/10/2012 at 17:05

Hi all,

And yes I do want to stop drinking all together. But its really hard for me on the run down to Christmas and New Year. My father died on New Years Eve, hes the man to tried to kill me twice.

Hope that not put people off chatting to me?

04/10/2012 at 18:42

That's a lotta cheese AG, hope it didn't give you bad dreams!  Different to cheese n wine though

Sinbad, think the place in Lanzarote you are thinking of is called Club La Santa.  Not been there but it's always looked good, maybe bit pricy.

04/10/2012 at 19:00

Hi,

I will look at prices.

05/10/2012 at 08:04

Hi all,

I looked at prices alas out of my price range.

I really have to sttop drinking even on that one day.

my weight goes up, not just because of the beer, but I eat loads the next day, and I miss a run on the day  or day after to.

Its just a question of putting something else socially in place, even if it means going into a coffee shop instead.

Hope your all well.

06/10/2012 at 08:13
Morning - it seems as though I've missed quite a bit since I last posted which, to be fair, is quite a while back. It's lovely to see the thread as welcoming and supportive to people as it's always been!

Apart from booze-wise, life has been good with me. Work has been incredibly busy but very rewarding. However, for most of this year my drinking has been appalling - I would imagine it's been well over 200 units a week but I haven't been counting!

If there's some good news, today marks 3 weeks since my last drink - I've got no plans really, other than that I don't intend to have a drink today. I do, however, intend to go for a very short and slow run in a minute - just a mile or two but my first run in months (I expect my Garmin will tell me exactly how long when I switch it on!).

I look forward to chatting with you all and catching up with old friends and getting to know people I haven't yet said hello to.

I hope everyone has a good weekend x
06/10/2012 at 08:16

Hi  Apparition,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I hope your gentle run goes well.

06/10/2012 at 09:27
Hi Sinbad - nice to meet you! I'm sure I don't need to tell you what an amazing bunch the booze threaders are - if you've been here for a few weeks I know you'll be fully aware of that. Although I've tended to come and go over the years, rather than be a regular poster, I've always appreciated the friendship and support here and it's lovely to have you as part of that now!

The run was OK - 2 miles along the seafront on a beautiful sunny autumn morning. It was actually more than 10 months since my last run and it was, shamefully, my first of 2012 so I was pleased I could still run 2 miles without a break! I'd reached an all time highest weight in September but have lost nearly a stone in 3 weeks since then through not drinking and eating sensibly (with lots of smoothies and bananas, just for you SL!).

I have a day of housework ahead as I've been neglecting it for a while - my spare room/office looks like the Everest of clothes mountains!
06/10/2012 at 10:27

Morning sinbad, how are you?

Hi Apps, lovely to hear from you and that things are good.  Good running   Good luck with  your clothes mountain

Off to soft play but planning a run this pm.

*whispers......Titsey is next week peeps*

06/10/2012 at 10:37
Hi Cinders, lovely to see you. How are things working out in the new job? With the little fella and school and your new job it must be a time of many changes!

Reading back a little, it looks like Titsey is one for the girls on here...as it should be maybe?!

I hope you play and run well today!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.