Can I?!!!

29,581 to 29,600 of 31,284 messages
10/10/2012 at 18:23

Hi,

no you make sense.

11/10/2012 at 20:27

Evening all, quiet today.

How are you sinbad?

Well after last night's shenanigans with the swimming lesson I've now written to the co-ordinator!

11/10/2012 at 22:37

That must have been terrifying to see Cinders, is he ok today?  KC's lesson went well thankfully!

Just been out for a 4 mile run tonight, couldn't get out till 8.30 so my first really dark misty damp drizzly (plus a downpour) run since spring.  

It has been quiet on here today hasn't it - maybe we've all been training really hard for our weekend races 

12/10/2012 at 07:05

I was out white water rafting!

12/10/2012 at 08:06

Morning, it's Friiiday!

Wow, that sounds fun trigger

Well done SL, you'll be romping round on Sunday!  I've boot camped, that's all.

It was horrible to watch.  I spent 10 years lifeguarding and just wanted to leap over the balcony and fish him out myself.  It was only seconds but felt the instructor left him too long before she sent the lifeguard in. 

12/10/2012 at 09:34

Morning all,

Cinders tried looking back over the last day or so, to try and figure out what happened with lifeguard, but been unsuccessful. Could you fill in the gaps please.

Yes I'm a lot better mentally thanks, but I think I have come down with this bug since going out Tuesday. I though I was ok, so I gave it a couple of days, but still have  the hot aand cold shakes, tiredness, and feeling a little sick in the stomach, its ruinning training.

Trigger that sounds really exciting tell me more, white water rafting.

12/10/2012 at 11:37

i'd quite like to give white water rafting a go, but i'm a poor swimmer (was at the pool again on wednesday night trying to improve to be less of poor swimmer - takes time like anything else to be any good).

Off to a concert tonight, probably have a couple of beers, but I'm doing my first parkrun tomorrow, so don't want a hangover. plus i've offered to give my gf a lift into work, so i'll be up just after 6 with her. Looking forward to a nap in the afternoon (guilty pleasures)

12/10/2012 at 14:21

Keep at the swimmng AG   Good luck with the parkrun too.

Can you see a Dr about the shaking sinbad?

And..... I took my little boy (who's 4) to his swimming lesson on Weds, this is the 2nd week in a new class and he can't quite touch the bottom of the deep bit of the teaching pool.  He pushed off from the wall and started panicking and going under, instructor threw him a float but he couldn't get it so the lifeguard had to get in the pool and get him out.  By the time I got down and onto poolside the poor fella was totally distraught. 

12/10/2012 at 14:24

oh dear, not a great introduction to swimming for the little guy. hopefully it won't scare him off going along again. I had a bad experience when i was about 4 on holiday in spain. had to be dragged out too, the main reason i have always been so anxious around water. the sooner he moves past this episode the better.

12/10/2012 at 15:54

ow er

Cinders that must have been really scary for all concerned. I agree with AG he does need to get over this quickly.

AG the more you will try with swimming to some extent the esaier it gets for some people.

I honestly don't know. I think the beer once a week does not help with the shaking. I think I'm just going to hopefully find a way round it.

One think I might add is,  that after something like this happens I have found that talking really helps. So perhaps talk with your son, as much or as often as he wants. And or not force him, but encourage him to talk. After a scare like he has had its so easy to keep it locked away.

Glad he's ok though

12/10/2012 at 15:59

AG

I forgot to mention good luck with the parkrun to.

12/10/2012 at 16:34

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience young too AG and totally agree with both of you.  We're taking him for a fun swim session tomorrow

12/10/2012 at 16:39

great news. Hope he feels ok before during and after, and you and husband.

12/10/2012 at 17:01
sinbad113 wrote (see)

AG

I forgot to mention good luck with the parkrun to.

cheers Sinbad, i'll be letting you all know how i get on

13/10/2012 at 12:10

first parkrun went well this morning. was harder going than i expected. the route is a little hilly, nothing too steep, but i kind of expected flat. anyway, good turnout and people were friendly. the lady said the timer wasnt working (first time apparently) but that they'd attempt to manually upload the times this afternoon (rather her than me) so should find out later what my time was. my guess is somewhere between 27 and 28 mins, although i might be miles off.

went to a concert last night and had 2 pints, so didn't feel hungover this morning which was nice, but only got about 6 hours sleep because neighbours were playing music and i got up at 6:30 to give my missus a lift to work. i know i know, i'm such a hero

13/10/2012 at 12:22

Hi Guys!  The white water rafting was at the Lee Valley Centre where the Olympic sessions took place.  I have a fear of going under water so to actually jump in was a major feat for me.  I enjoyed what I did but bailed out of the run when the raft was going to capsize - the guide said it was going to be a 50:50 chance so I decided it was not for me.  Glad that I did because every single muscle in my body aches now - it's just so physical!  To top it all I've now got a cold so every time I cough I'm in agony because my chest muscles ache so much!  Missed parkrun this morning but am hoping to get out tomorrow if the paracetamol etc do their job

Well done AG - good time for a parkrun - hope you enjoyed it.

Have good weekends all !

yeo
13/10/2012 at 13:15

Hi all, I've got a weekend of singing and rugby - life is good!

My choir has a concert this evening and we're rehearsing this afternoon. Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle if you're interested.  Tomorrow I'm going to my first rugby match of the season, Sale Sharks v Cardiff Blues. Not sure how that will go as Sale have had a disastrous start to the season, but I'm ever optimistic!

Then I hope to get to Big Sis's in time to see myself on telly - it's the Songs of Praise recorded in the summer that I went to.

Hope everyone has a good one, well done to the parkrunners and all others pounding the pavements this weekend.

13/10/2012 at 13:18

Hi all,
AG that is a good time, it takes me aabout an hour to do 5k so i'm well pleased for you . Trigger2 glad  you enjoyed the white water rafting. What an amazing place to have a go at doing it. Sorry you got a cold, and acching though. Hope cold gets better soon though. I bet your chuffed wih keeping the beer down to?

I had a bit of success beer wise to, instead of jumping on the bus to get drunk. I went into town and bought what is supposed to be a large, it  fitted when I tried it on in shop. But when I got home andtried it on then, it feels a little tight round waist. Hopefully it will spur me on to fit into it properly. It feels fine round armpits though.

Hope you all have a pleasent Saturday afternoon.

yeo
13/10/2012 at 13:24

Well done Sinbad, that's great.

But I have to ask - a large what?

13/10/2012 at 14:20

Hi all,

Sorry I didnt say did I? A  Large addidas tracksiut lol .

Nice to hear from you yeo.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.