Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,581 to 29,600 of 31,661 messages
12/10/2012 at 15:59

AG

I forgot to mention good luck with the parkrun to.

12/10/2012 at 16:34

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience young too AG and totally agree with both of you.  We're taking him for a fun swim session tomorrow

12/10/2012 at 16:39

great news. Hope he feels ok before during and after, and you and husband.

12/10/2012 at 17:01
sinbad113 wrote (see)

AG

I forgot to mention good luck with the parkrun to.

cheers Sinbad, i'll be letting you all know how i get on

13/10/2012 at 12:10

first parkrun went well this morning. was harder going than i expected. the route is a little hilly, nothing too steep, but i kind of expected flat. anyway, good turnout and people were friendly. the lady said the timer wasnt working (first time apparently) but that they'd attempt to manually upload the times this afternoon (rather her than me) so should find out later what my time was. my guess is somewhere between 27 and 28 mins, although i might be miles off.

went to a concert last night and had 2 pints, so didn't feel hungover this morning which was nice, but only got about 6 hours sleep because neighbours were playing music and i got up at 6:30 to give my missus a lift to work. i know i know, i'm such a hero

13/10/2012 at 12:22

Hi Guys!  The white water rafting was at the Lee Valley Centre where the Olympic sessions took place.  I have a fear of going under water so to actually jump in was a major feat for me.  I enjoyed what I did but bailed out of the run when the raft was going to capsize - the guide said it was going to be a 50:50 chance so I decided it was not for me.  Glad that I did because every single muscle in my body aches now - it's just so physical!  To top it all I've now got a cold so every time I cough I'm in agony because my chest muscles ache so much!  Missed parkrun this morning but am hoping to get out tomorrow if the paracetamol etc do their job

Well done AG - good time for a parkrun - hope you enjoyed it.

Have good weekends all !

yeo
13/10/2012 at 13:15

Hi all, I've got a weekend of singing and rugby - life is good!

My choir has a concert this evening and we're rehearsing this afternoon. Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle if you're interested.  Tomorrow I'm going to my first rugby match of the season, Sale Sharks v Cardiff Blues. Not sure how that will go as Sale have had a disastrous start to the season, but I'm ever optimistic!

Then I hope to get to Big Sis's in time to see myself on telly - it's the Songs of Praise recorded in the summer that I went to.

Hope everyone has a good one, well done to the parkrunners and all others pounding the pavements this weekend.

13/10/2012 at 13:18

Hi all,
AG that is a good time, it takes me aabout an hour to do 5k so i'm well pleased for you . Trigger2 glad  you enjoyed the white water rafting. What an amazing place to have a go at doing it. Sorry you got a cold, and acching though. Hope cold gets better soon though. I bet your chuffed wih keeping the beer down to?

I had a bit of success beer wise to, instead of jumping on the bus to get drunk. I went into town and bought what is supposed to be a large, it  fitted when I tried it on in shop. But when I got home andtried it on then, it feels a little tight round waist. Hopefully it will spur me on to fit into it properly. It feels fine round armpits though.

Hope you all have a pleasent Saturday afternoon.

yeo
13/10/2012 at 13:24

Well done Sinbad, that's great.

But I have to ask - a large what?

13/10/2012 at 14:20

Hi all,

Sorry I didnt say did I? A  Large addidas tracksiut lol .

Nice to hear from you yeo.

13/10/2012 at 16:13

Lol - well done Sinbad, put that tracksuit on and get a few runs

in and it'll soon be feeling loose.

I don't know if I can sit through songs of praise Yeo even to see you singing - sorry   Can I wait for the next recorded thing you do.  Hope your team wins by the way.

It's the Titsey 10k tomorrow for HTF, Cinders, ST and me - the weather's looking good too, probably better than my time will anyhow 

That's a great time for a 5k AG, I can only dream of when I used to be able to run that quickly.

By the way - 10 DAYS NO SMOKING NOW - just thought I'd mention it 

13/10/2012 at 16:45

Hi all,

I missed the first read about songs of praise viewing Sunday, I'm afraid I just can't sit through Songs of Praise, even if we have a description. I will try my best to watch it though.

I hope your runs go well Sunday Sunluvva HFT Cinders and ST.

Great going Sunluvva, I hope  yyou make the month.

13/10/2012 at 17:36

Hi All,

Sorry forgot to ask Yeo. Do you live in Sale, annd is that Sale Manchester?

I ask as I was born in Burnage Mancheester (oasis grew up there), and then my first flat was in Northen Moor.

I hope your team improves form soon.

13/10/2012 at 19:26

Yay SL, keep it up

Good parkrunning AG and well done on giving the missus a lift

Enjoy the concert and the Rugby Yeo, is Songs of Praise today?

Could be a bit muddy for Titsey tomorrow!!!

Swimming sort of went ok, he was fine in the shallow end up quite frightened if he ventured deeper and did jump in but asked me to catch him and he's not done that in over a year but grateful he wanted to go

13/10/2012 at 20:15

Hi all,

I'm glad it went reasonable with the swimming today.

Im jealous though  you all seem to half and full marathons, I want to catch up lol

13/10/2012 at 20:23

How are you doing with your running sinbad?  It's a 10k we're doing tomorrow, I'm certainly not up to a half yet!

yeo
14/10/2012 at 00:02

Good luck all you Titsey ladies!

ahem

Choir concert tonght went very well and don't worry, I don't blame anybody for NOT watching Songs of Praise! I don't watch it myself if I'm not on it!

Sinbad, yes it is that Sale, but no I don't live there.  I live near the Staffs/Cheshire border, but Sale are the nearest professional rugby union team so I support them.

14/10/2012 at 08:03

Hi all,

Cinders only been twice last week. I'm going out in a short while to do a 70 minute jog and walk. In my new tracksuit .

Hope you have a great 10k run Cinders.

Ar I see Yeo.

Back in about 70 minutes.

14/10/2012 at 09:53

Hi all,

Just got back in from my plod. Haven't worked out whether it was a good or bad one yet.

But I do know I want to stay off the beer more than ever now though. I lost two runs last week,  and I struggled today.

Yet I did a little further, and have added in two short but pretty steep hills.

Hope its sunny where you are, and that you enjoy the autum sun.

14/10/2012 at 18:34

Evening

Good running sinbad.

Fabulously muddy run this morning and great to meet you HTF and nice to see you again too SL

Wonder if Yeo spotted himself on Songs of Praise

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.