Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,601 to 29,620 of 31,422 messages
13/10/2012 at 16:13

Lol - well done Sinbad, put that tracksuit on and get a few runs

in and it'll soon be feeling loose.

I don't know if I can sit through songs of praise Yeo even to see you singing - sorry   Can I wait for the next recorded thing you do.  Hope your team wins by the way.

It's the Titsey 10k tomorrow for HTF, Cinders, ST and me - the weather's looking good too, probably better than my time will anyhow 

That's a great time for a 5k AG, I can only dream of when I used to be able to run that quickly.

By the way - 10 DAYS NO SMOKING NOW - just thought I'd mention it 

13/10/2012 at 16:45

Hi all,

I missed the first read about songs of praise viewing Sunday, I'm afraid I just can't sit through Songs of Praise, even if we have a description. I will try my best to watch it though.

I hope your runs go well Sunday Sunluvva HFT Cinders and ST.

Great going Sunluvva, I hope  yyou make the month.

13/10/2012 at 17:36

Hi All,

Sorry forgot to ask Yeo. Do you live in Sale, annd is that Sale Manchester?

I ask as I was born in Burnage Mancheester (oasis grew up there), and then my first flat was in Northen Moor.

I hope your team improves form soon.

13/10/2012 at 19:26

Yay SL, keep it up

Good parkrunning AG and well done on giving the missus a lift

Enjoy the concert and the Rugby Yeo, is Songs of Praise today?

Could be a bit muddy for Titsey tomorrow!!!

Swimming sort of went ok, he was fine in the shallow end up quite frightened if he ventured deeper and did jump in but asked me to catch him and he's not done that in over a year but grateful he wanted to go

13/10/2012 at 20:15

Hi all,

I'm glad it went reasonable with the swimming today.

Im jealous though  you all seem to half and full marathons, I want to catch up lol

13/10/2012 at 20:23

How are you doing with your running sinbad?  It's a 10k we're doing tomorrow, I'm certainly not up to a half yet!

yeo
14/10/2012 at 00:02

Good luck all you Titsey ladies!

ahem

Choir concert tonght went very well and don't worry, I don't blame anybody for NOT watching Songs of Praise! I don't watch it myself if I'm not on it!

Sinbad, yes it is that Sale, but no I don't live there.  I live near the Staffs/Cheshire border, but Sale are the nearest professional rugby union team so I support them.

14/10/2012 at 08:03

Hi all,

Cinders only been twice last week. I'm going out in a short while to do a 70 minute jog and walk. In my new tracksuit .

Hope you have a great 10k run Cinders.

Ar I see Yeo.

Back in about 70 minutes.

14/10/2012 at 09:53

Hi all,

Just got back in from my plod. Haven't worked out whether it was a good or bad one yet.

But I do know I want to stay off the beer more than ever now though. I lost two runs last week,  and I struggled today.

Yet I did a little further, and have added in two short but pretty steep hills.

Hope its sunny where you are, and that you enjoy the autum sun.

14/10/2012 at 18:34

Evening

Good running sinbad.

Fabulously muddy run this morning and great to meet you HTF and nice to see you again too SL

Wonder if Yeo spotted himself on Songs of Praise

14/10/2012 at 18:43

Evening Cinders - it seems de riguer to post a photo of our muddy shoes on fb, ST & HTF took piccys in the car park and posted them there and then!  I felt compelled to take a piccy when I got home just as proof I was really there   It was lovely to see you again and to see Thomas in the flesh - I feel like I've know him longer than all his life!  

I didn't watch Songs of Praise either, we used to when we were kids, mum made us but we used to make a game of it trying to spot all the hideous hats - it's never been the same since women stopped wearing hats 

We'll have to find a race down your way next Cinders then maybe get together and head up HTF's way.  She comes down this way for T.Wells and Paddock Wood as she used to live here so it's all familiar but I really ought make an effort and get up her neck of the woods.

Yay Yeo - just watching the news and heard the Sale Sharks won 

14/10/2012 at 19:03

Lol, my muddy shoes went straight into a binliner

What is HTF's neck of the woods?  Sure we can find something............maybe not 35 miles for me though lol

14/10/2012 at 20:32

She's somewhere round Woking way I think, not sure exactly where though.  Do you reckon you could manage a half in a couple of months????

yeo
14/10/2012 at 23:07

Well done, you lot - the shoes tell their own story!

Yes Sale won, by one point after a nail-biting second half. Great fun

I did just spot a glimpse of myself in Songs of Praise, so all round it's been a good weekend

yeo
15/10/2012 at 08:21

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HTF!!!!!

xxxxx

15/10/2012 at 11:10

My official time for the parkrun was 26:33 which I'm pretty pleased with. Was "umming and ahhing" about whether to go out on Saturday morning, as i was quite tired, but glad I did.

Sinbad, it's great running this time of year, especially on cool, crisp, clear mornings. My absolute favourite type of run. Not so warm that I feel overheated after 5 mins, but clear and sunny enough to make you feel cheered by being outside

Both Friday and Sunday I managed to go out, but stick to 2 pints each time. Quite pleased with exercising moderation, something that i've typically been pretty poor at. Consequently only feel a little bit tired this morning, but up for the run home later

15/10/2012 at 14:23

Happy Birthday HTF

Good time AG

Edited: 15/10/2012 at 14:24
15/10/2012 at 20:15

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HTF XXXXXX  Hope you had a good one 

A good time AG and a good bit of 'moderation control' going on there 

I forgot to go for a run today - I really meant to but forgot 

15/10/2012 at 21:08

Hi  All,

Are you ready for this. I watched Songs of Praise . I thought lets have a guess who I thought Yeo is. I whittled it down from the whole lot, getting rid of the pensioners and those may be too young , male and female of course, those icluding overweight etc like me , it got me down to about a third. So I may have seen you for a split second Yeo.

Yes I agree with you, when it was nice and crsip like Sunday, its perfect.

Cinders, did you manage the full 10k?

I'm beginning to think I made  mistake by putting in for the full 10k instaed of the 5k Manchester MoRun. I thought I was doing ok. But I googled my route in, and its only 2.1 miles there and back.

I have a new routed now,and its 8.2k, can I still make the 10k in just 5 weeks?

Advice welcome, I'm glad some of you met up.

16/10/2012 at 21:50

got kickedout of coleege.

sorry for being on  a downer all thetime.

Be happy

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.