Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,601 to 29,620 of 31,661 messages
14/10/2012 at 18:43

Evening Cinders - it seems de riguer to post a photo of our muddy shoes on fb, ST & HTF took piccys in the car park and posted them there and then!  I felt compelled to take a piccy when I got home just as proof I was really there   It was lovely to see you again and to see Thomas in the flesh - I feel like I've know him longer than all his life!  

I didn't watch Songs of Praise either, we used to when we were kids, mum made us but we used to make a game of it trying to spot all the hideous hats - it's never been the same since women stopped wearing hats 

We'll have to find a race down your way next Cinders then maybe get together and head up HTF's way.  She comes down this way for T.Wells and Paddock Wood as she used to live here so it's all familiar but I really ought make an effort and get up her neck of the woods.

Yay Yeo - just watching the news and heard the Sale Sharks won 

14/10/2012 at 19:03

Lol, my muddy shoes went straight into a binliner

What is HTF's neck of the woods?  Sure we can find something............maybe not 35 miles for me though lol

14/10/2012 at 20:32

She's somewhere round Woking way I think, not sure exactly where though.  Do you reckon you could manage a half in a couple of months????

yeo
14/10/2012 at 23:07

Well done, you lot - the shoes tell their own story!

Yes Sale won, by one point after a nail-biting second half. Great fun

I did just spot a glimpse of myself in Songs of Praise, so all round it's been a good weekend

yeo
15/10/2012 at 08:21

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HTF!!!!!

xxxxx

15/10/2012 at 11:10

My official time for the parkrun was 26:33 which I'm pretty pleased with. Was "umming and ahhing" about whether to go out on Saturday morning, as i was quite tired, but glad I did.

Sinbad, it's great running this time of year, especially on cool, crisp, clear mornings. My absolute favourite type of run. Not so warm that I feel overheated after 5 mins, but clear and sunny enough to make you feel cheered by being outside

Both Friday and Sunday I managed to go out, but stick to 2 pints each time. Quite pleased with exercising moderation, something that i've typically been pretty poor at. Consequently only feel a little bit tired this morning, but up for the run home later

15/10/2012 at 14:23

Happy Birthday HTF

Good time AG

Edited: 15/10/2012 at 14:24
15/10/2012 at 20:15

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HTF XXXXXX  Hope you had a good one 

A good time AG and a good bit of 'moderation control' going on there 

I forgot to go for a run today - I really meant to but forgot 

15/10/2012 at 21:08

Hi  All,

Are you ready for this. I watched Songs of Praise . I thought lets have a guess who I thought Yeo is. I whittled it down from the whole lot, getting rid of the pensioners and those may be too young , male and female of course, those icluding overweight etc like me , it got me down to about a third. So I may have seen you for a split second Yeo.

Yes I agree with you, when it was nice and crsip like Sunday, its perfect.

Cinders, did you manage the full 10k?

I'm beginning to think I made  mistake by putting in for the full 10k instaed of the 5k Manchester MoRun. I thought I was doing ok. But I googled my route in, and its only 2.1 miles there and back.

I have a new routed now,and its 8.2k, can I still make the 10k in just 5 weeks?

Advice welcome, I'm glad some of you met up.

16/10/2012 at 21:50

got kickedout of coleege.

sorry for being on  a downer all thetime.

Be happy

16/10/2012 at 23:23
What happened sinbad?
17/10/2012 at 06:12

Hi All,

Last week I went for my tutorial with the same teacher i told you abou, but i had 3 or 4 pints. I was honest with her and told her. she went straght to the head of department and told her.

They pulled me up just before class, and said itwas a question now of where to put me. I been here before, it was a paperand pen exerrcise to make sure they had done everything legally right. I wont speak of it again, this happens to me every where i go no matter how honest and open i am

17/10/2012 at 10:39

Sorry to hear that sinbad.

Day off today and little C in school all day   Off to the gym for a swim

Are we all de-mudded after Sunday?

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 10:40
17/10/2012 at 12:56

Hi all,

Sounds like your having a good day Cinders?

It's taking me an hour to plod 2.6 miles, when most of you it takes about 20 minutes. For those who are beginning running, is this normal?

17/10/2012 at 18:37

Hi all,

Where are you all today?

I'm just coming down from a panic attack.

When u limiting to going out once a week for a  beer. Are panic attacks more likely, as your trying to cope without beer?

17/10/2012 at 23:00

Very likely to get panic attacks Sinbad - try to get through them if you can, they'll pass.  I can't run 2.6 miles in 20 mins either, that's quite a quick pace, don't worry about how long it takes you just do it.

I'm clean Cinders  I went to running club last night and did hill reps  and I've been fartlekking along the main road tonight.  I'd better be careful in case people think I'm a runner 

18/10/2012 at 08:15

Go SL

I've been really tired all week so have missed 2 boot camp sessions

18/10/2012 at 11:59

Hello everyone   Just a brief visit; since we got back work's been manic, Mr TST and co-workers are now having to put in official grievances (which I'm sorting out as it's not really their area of expertise) and I had my first session with the counsellor yesterday about my depression and anxiety   Turns out she's a runner!  Managed to get some more digging done on the lottie, although have worked out that it will take to the end of the year to do it all, even if we get dry weekends every weekend.  Going to be a long old job, but if I don't do it properly now then I'll just have to keep going over it to re-dig the Mare's Tail out so I'm aiming to only do it once and do it properly!

Hope everyone is ok, will try and get on at the weekend and have a read back and see how everyone is!

18/10/2012 at 12:16

i'm off to greece for a long weekend tomorrow. a mate has a small family home out there, and she's invited me and the missus over, for what will be a lazing around on the beach (weather permitting) and drinking weekend. I think i'm going to struggle not to overdo it, as there'll be little else to do other than sit round chatting and boozing. hopefully i don't hobble myself too badly for next week's running :-\

still, will be a fun weekend

18/10/2012 at 14:24

Hi all,

Thanks for that SL been ages since had last one. lool with SL.

I know the feeling Cinders, I get wound up when i miss any session now

Two Stroke Tart enjoy the garden.

AgentGinger, enjoy Greece. Which part of Greece is it your going?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.