Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,621 to 29,640 of 31,389 messages
16/10/2012 at 23:23
What happened sinbad?
17/10/2012 at 06:12

Hi All,

Last week I went for my tutorial with the same teacher i told you abou, but i had 3 or 4 pints. I was honest with her and told her. she went straght to the head of department and told her.

They pulled me up just before class, and said itwas a question now of where to put me. I been here before, it was a paperand pen exerrcise to make sure they had done everything legally right. I wont speak of it again, this happens to me every where i go no matter how honest and open i am

17/10/2012 at 10:39

Sorry to hear that sinbad.

Day off today and little C in school all day   Off to the gym for a swim

Are we all de-mudded after Sunday?

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 10:40
17/10/2012 at 12:56

Hi all,

Sounds like your having a good day Cinders?

It's taking me an hour to plod 2.6 miles, when most of you it takes about 20 minutes. For those who are beginning running, is this normal?

17/10/2012 at 18:37

Hi all,

Where are you all today?

I'm just coming down from a panic attack.

When u limiting to going out once a week for a  beer. Are panic attacks more likely, as your trying to cope without beer?

17/10/2012 at 23:00

Very likely to get panic attacks Sinbad - try to get through them if you can, they'll pass.  I can't run 2.6 miles in 20 mins either, that's quite a quick pace, don't worry about how long it takes you just do it.

I'm clean Cinders  I went to running club last night and did hill reps  and I've been fartlekking along the main road tonight.  I'd better be careful in case people think I'm a runner 

18/10/2012 at 08:15

Go SL

I've been really tired all week so have missed 2 boot camp sessions

18/10/2012 at 11:59

Hello everyone   Just a brief visit; since we got back work's been manic, Mr TST and co-workers are now having to put in official grievances (which I'm sorting out as it's not really their area of expertise) and I had my first session with the counsellor yesterday about my depression and anxiety   Turns out she's a runner!  Managed to get some more digging done on the lottie, although have worked out that it will take to the end of the year to do it all, even if we get dry weekends every weekend.  Going to be a long old job, but if I don't do it properly now then I'll just have to keep going over it to re-dig the Mare's Tail out so I'm aiming to only do it once and do it properly!

Hope everyone is ok, will try and get on at the weekend and have a read back and see how everyone is!

18/10/2012 at 12:16

i'm off to greece for a long weekend tomorrow. a mate has a small family home out there, and she's invited me and the missus over, for what will be a lazing around on the beach (weather permitting) and drinking weekend. I think i'm going to struggle not to overdo it, as there'll be little else to do other than sit round chatting and boozing. hopefully i don't hobble myself too badly for next week's running :-\

still, will be a fun weekend

18/10/2012 at 14:24

Hi all,

Thanks for that SL been ages since had last one. lool with SL.

I know the feeling Cinders, I get wound up when i miss any session now

Two Stroke Tart enjoy the garden.

AgentGinger, enjoy Greece. Which part of Greece is it your going?

18/10/2012 at 15:09

cheers sinbad. I'm not sure of the name of the town. it's a mate's family home, about 30 mins outside of athens apparently. she told me the name, but then said she'll come and pick us up from the airport, so i instantly filed the name under D for "don't need to remember"

18/10/2012 at 15:57

Have a great weekend AG

Good digging TST and glad the counselling went well.

18/10/2012 at 17:43

Have a fabulous time AG, take your running kit with yu and use the excuse of going  for a morning run not to get sloshed   I always take mine but have only managed a few holiday runs in lots of years.  

I'm feeling shattered today too Cinders  I can't get to club tonight as we've got parents evening at the school so I'll save my run till tomorrow.

TST - if only I'd gone to the allotment every weekend I wouldnt be trying to fight a jungle of weeds now - I'm covering what I can with manure or carpets for the winter - it'll be easier to work in the spring and most of he weeds will be dead or dying.

18/10/2012 at 18:36

Sounds like these allotments are a lot of work!

No run either here, got a call from the school so had to pick up Thomas as he's not well, got a burning temperature so been on cuddle duty all pm.

19/10/2012 at 07:03

Morning all - just a quick one from me

Sorry to hear about your problems Sinbad - hope something gets sorted soon.

Enjoy your weekend AG - I'm longing to be in Cyprus at the mo but doubt we'll get back there until Easter at the earliest.

Sick kids - ugh!  School's full of them at the moment - have to duck the bugs left, right and centre.  Staying to try well for my 10K on Sunday.  Have only managed to run twice since Royal Parks HM so we'll see.  Longest run was yesterday 3.70 miles so just over half the distance.  If I get half way there's no way I'm quitting.

Good luck with the lotties and gardens.  Have toyed with the idea of growing veggies before but don't think I could be bothered to put in all the hard work.

Celebrated my birthday on Tuesday with a bottle of Prosecco bought for me by my new boss and spent Wednesday nursing the mother of all headaches.  Hardly seemed fair - a bottle between 2 isn't really that much.  Never mind - that was Wednesday.

Hope you all have good days and a belated Happy Birthday to HTF

19/10/2012 at 10:23

Hi All,

Thanks for that trigger2.

I know the feeling with the kids and bugs. The first time I been able to eat since Tuesday this morning. I have been toilet hugging since Monday, thought it was because I went out Monday. Went to Docs Thursday, and he gave me a wonder pil, stopped it dead in its tracks.

That sounds like one hell of a bottle of alcohol trigger2.

20/10/2012 at 12:56
Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Things still moving in the right direction here - more than a month without a drink, which is getting close to the longest period without booze in my adult life. Not missing it too much at all but equally unsure what my goals are.

I'm also running and eating well - 2.5 miles this morning followed by a lovely beans on toast treat. I've lost more than a stone in 5 weeks but there's still plenty to go!

I'm having a chilled out weekend not doing too much this week before a long week working away from home next week.

Any plans/running from anyone else?
20/10/2012 at 23:59

Happy belated birthday Trigger - good luck for the 10k tomorrow - let us all know how you get on x

Hope you're feeling better Sinbad - certainly sounds like a wonder pill!

Hi Apps, well done on not drinking for over a month - I hope you make a new pb   Great news on the running and the weight loss too - everything going in the right direction.  Are you still working as manically as before?

Cinders HTF, ST and I all did a 10k last Sunday, it was a lovely muddy off road one and was great fun.  I haven't anything planned now until next year's Brighton 1/2 marathon but HTF is doing a good job of persuading me that I want to do the Pigrim's Challenge next February...............

I'm plannign to get another 6 miles in tomorrow then try to do 4 or 5 runs a week to build up to marathon distance to give myself a chance if I do decide to do the pilgrims.................

21/10/2012 at 10:30

Morning and a very wet one too!  Glad Titsey wasn't this morning, we'd have been swimming!

Hope you get your run SL

Great to hear things going good Apps, keep up the good work

Not a fab start here, little C came bounding into the room onto the bed, smacked his nose on Mr C's shin and now his nose won't stop bleeding! 

21/10/2012 at 14:59

Hi All,

Yes Appration, thats good going a month, all I can manage is 6 days at the moment.

Sunluvva what's, the Pilgrims run?

Ouch that sounds that it was a nasty left hook by the young one . hope it heals soon Cinder's.

I managed to get out for an hour's walk this morning. It really knocks it out of you this bug, I hope you all manage to avoid it. I will try a mixture of walking and jogging Monday morning, see how that goes.

I'm watching the triathlon finals on tv, amazing stuff, can't even begin to imagine the training they have to put in.

Not taking anything away from our own individual training to .

Enjoy all.

I'm going to try and not have a beer till at least after my possible 10k on the 24th November. I wonder... if I can manage it.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.