Giving up the booze

Can I?!!!

29,641 to 29,660 of 31,384 messages
21/10/2012 at 17:51

Poor Buttons Cinders - he's almost as accident prone as your mum   I did 7 miles off road this this morning  - it was wetter and muddier than Titsey but equally nice.  It was very slow mostly because it was likely I'd go sliding on my backside into a stream - it wa so slippy 

21/10/2012 at 18:01

Hi all,

Lol with Sunluvva

21/10/2012 at 18:43

He sure is!

Sounded fun SL and boy was it wet today!

21/10/2012 at 19:05

Hi all,

Is it ok  to jump in?

Don't know about you 2,but it's been a lovely sunny autum day here.

21/10/2012 at 19:10

Fell off the wagon with an almighty bump.

Friday night and from midday Saturday to 3am Sunday morning.

Counting the cost now both physically and financially.

Climb back on now for a while.

21/10/2012 at 20:28

Grey wet and miserable here all day Sinbad 

Hi Gareth, how long had you been on the wagon for?  It doesn't matter if you fall off so long as you get back on - and you have so no worries on that front though your head and your wallet might be be very worrisome today 

Cinders - next time you decorate your house I reckon you should do padded walls for your mum and Thomas .  It was very very very wet and sloshy today - great fun 

22/10/2012 at 07:05

Morning all - lovely weekend here in Norff London.  Did my last 10K of the year yesterday and managed 57.02.  Well happy with that, fastest time over that distance this year.  Managed it faster in 2007 when I did 55.57 but after all I'm 5 years older now so can probably expect some slippage!

Climb back on Gareth, dust yourself off and start all over again.  It can be a bumpy ride sometimes.

Sorry to hear about little one's nose - ouch!

22/10/2012 at 10:26

Way to go Trigger  that's a great time.  My fastest was 48 mis but that was in 1991 so not likely to ever see that time again!

22/10/2012 at 14:26

Wow brilliant Sunluvva!  I'd kill for a time like that!  Got a twingeing knee today so will rest up - maybe a short plod tomorrow

22/10/2012 at 17:01

Fab time trigger    That's still a fab time SL, I've never broken 50 mins!

Feeling bit fed up today.  Week 6 in the job and still haven't a clue what's expected of me, they just scratch around to give me stuff to do.  Beginning to think there isn't enough work really.  No sign of a contract or holiday entitlement either so not sure what to do.

22/10/2012 at 22:07

thankyou

Try keep your chin up as best you can Cindeers

23/10/2012 at 08:44

Morning

Time to drag myself off to work

23/10/2012 at 09:58

Stick with it Cinders I've been there and sometimes it takes a while for people to see how much you can do.  Fingers crossed that it works out for you - it's tough out there at the mo.  Also know how hard it is if you are bored and even going in seems a chore.

23/10/2012 at 11:35

Hi All,

What have I missed? Greece was good fun, although as expected I drank every day. Pretty big nights both Friday and Saturday, then a couple of beers on both Sunday and Monday. Haven't run since Thursday morning, so itching to get back to the slog. Will probably run home tonight from work, even though I feel knackered as I managed about 5 hours sleep last night (flight delayed). Not sure if it's the weekend boozing, the vast amounts of cheese I've eaten, or the poor sleep last night but I'm exhausted, so it will definitely be a slow jog home.

23/10/2012 at 13:40

Hi All,

Sound advice there, about getting back on the no beer side Gareth, just got to keep trying I guess.

Well I had my once a week binge drinking session yesterday, and surprise surprise, I'm down on myself. I only trained twice last week, and just the once this week so far.

But, I hope to do 6.2 miles tomorrow just walking to see what time in theory I can do 10k in, and use as a gauge.

Yes those are dam good times for those who have done 10k this weekend.

Hi Aegent Ginger, sounds like you had a relaxing weekend, it's probable a mixture of everything why you are feeling exhausted.

Enjoy the rest  of the day all.

yeo
23/10/2012 at 14:12

Hi all

Just popping in in a shameless bid for sympathy as I've been laid low with gastroenteritis.  Just corrected myself cos I originally typed 'pooping in' which extremely apt.

Apart from having the two bob bits, the most worrying symptom is that I have NO appetite at all.

Hope everybody else is well, but as a precaution step away from your computer and wash your hands.

23/10/2012 at 15:05

Hi All,

Yeo I think I hav just got over that bug to. Toilet hugging in anyn way possible .

Lol with Yeo.

Advice needed about which marathon training to follow?

23/10/2012 at 21:03

((( Yeo ))) Hope you feel better soon, nasty bug to have.

24/10/2012 at 07:04

Sinbad have a look at Hal HIgdon training plans - they work for me.

Poor Yeo - I had that on my honeymoon would you believe

Agent Ginger welcome back glad you had a good time.  Back to the grindstone now?

Only 3 days to half term (and Friday's INSET so hardly counts).  Boy do I need my week off.  Have developed a nasty niggle in my left knee and it needs some TLC.

24/10/2012 at 14:08

yep, back to the grindstone, Trigger. Ran home last night, and jogged, very slowly, into work this morning. 5 mi each way. This morning I felt terrible, but then I'm not at my best first thing in the morning anyway. For some reason it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, within 5 mins i'm sweltering. I think i've got some sort of thermostat problem :-\

another 5mi planned for each of thurs and fri, and probably 60-70 min run on Saturday, then rest on Sunday, as I'll be out at a mate's halloween fancy dress party on Sat, so hungover Sunday

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.